Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Early Drills (D8-EM)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 am 

Gusai Wataru had not been paying attention to his troops, or actually he had, but he was mostly focused in finding them a place of their own in the island, a stronghold to protect and practice, but those were still work in process, and now he had to get back to the troops.

Early morning he called them all to the Long Beach, where they would be able to practice without being bothered, and also had the space enough to practice. As he waited for the troops to arrive, the samurai set out the targets on one end of the beach, and several flags set around the beach creating a perimeter for practicing.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: Early Drills (D8-EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:08 pm 

Maybe a fourth showed up, and not particularly enthusiastically. Wataru could feel their condescension and disappointment. Most of them had learned to serve under the ship captains and follow their orders, and looked at his as an unnecessary and incompetent figurehead.

Well, at least until mayhem broke loose, because it gave no-one any time to contemplate the situation. Suddenly, loaded muskets started to explode or fire, to the pervasive giggles and cackling of some invisible creatures. But people were getting injured and even killed on Wataru's eyes in the cannonade of randomness.

[Reflexes/Defence vs. TN25 to avoid a single inogana shot.]

Post subject: Re: Early Drills (D8-EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am 

The numbers were low, they were not following orders, and from a Samurai this was disappointing, and embarrassing.

"To the few that have showed up, I thank you for it, thought this is the duty of a true samurai. At least I know who are the ones that can be considered in this way." The Gusai stood and walked along the men that had gathered, looking to them and trying to get to know who they were, remembering their faces. "We are not at sea anymore! I am aware that we are a very young troupe and that we have yet to work together. But I believe in the potential of each one of you and I think we can become a strong group together if you commit, otherwise I do not need you here." He stopped in the center of them, his hands at his back and a stern face on. "I have done my share trying to get ourselves a headquarter in the island, but until then we will practice here. Those who show promise will be upgraded to higher positions. If any of you have any complains, I am all ears." (Convincing Courtier TN ?: 19)

Before anyone could say anything havoc raised, around them, and before Wataru could get any control on the situation, shots where spread around them, one of them reaching the Gusai (voiding the damage).

"FOCUS!" He yelled out to the men, as he took control of the situation with a quick glance of the situation. (Battle: 28), "You are soldiers, not headless chickens. Stand DOWN!" His hand held high, trying to calibrate the situation. "For now they are just giggling creatures. They could had been children."

The samurai looked at the creatures, trying to figure out what they were, going through his spiritual realm knowledge since he had the idea that their teasing ways were those of Sakkaku, (Sage. FR Asako reduce TN. TN ?: 17)

(I have Reflex 2 and no Defense, rolling is useless)

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]