Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: So Far Away (Day 9 Late Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:52 pm 

Yasuhiro had arrived early and was spending his time setting up various targets along the beach as he waited for the young foreign girl to arrive.

He had promised her lessons white a while ago, but things had been difficult of late. With this strange possession he had experienced, as well as the various duels he had engaged in. Over all it left him quite exhausted, but he had not forgotten his promise. So after he finally started feeling like himself he invited her to practice. He wasn't sure she would actually arrive, if not though he would simply practice on his own.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: So Far Away (Day 9 Late Morning)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:21 pm 

She would, and she would bow from a distance before approaching, more like he would have expected from a Rokugani.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm 

The bow would be returned, before he beckoned her forward. "Good Morning, Agata-san" The Lion offered in greeting as she came closer. "Have you been well?" His words were still thickly accented, though they seemed less broken then before. At the very least he had spent sometime practicing the language.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm 

"Ohayou gozaimasu, Matsu-san." She said after some hesitation, then smiled a little. "This is as much as I've managed to learn. You've made greater improvements." She nodded. "It has been a turbulent time but Kharsis has preserved me." She looked at him. "You look well, but something seems to be troubling you."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 pm 

"It was said well, Agata-san." He offered politely, deciding not to point out that she should likely use a politer form of address with him. Things had to be taken one step at a time after all. "There is much to be troubled about." He offered after a few moments hesitation. "You need not worry though."

Shifting the conversation he turned slightly towards where a bundle of arrows were wrapped in a small piece of you. "Arrows for you, for practice. Length may be bit wrong, should be okay though."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:43 pm 

She nodded in agreement, almost never being the one to press an issue. She walked closer and leaned in to investigate the arrows he had made.

"Those are very well-made, Senor." She admitted. "It will be a pleasure to use them." She bowed again, knowing this being a thing already. "Arigatou... gozaimasu? Gozaimasu."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm 

He nodded as she got the words mostly correct. "It is good you accept, though if these were gift you would need to refuse." Yasuhiro explained carefully.

"Also thank you, I made them this morning." He added after a few moments of hesitation.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 pm 

"The coco." She nodded, recalling the the other case of passing physical objects between them. She looked at the improvised range, then smiled with conviction. "I am yours to be instructed, Senor."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:29 pm 

"Not quite." He offered with a half smile. "Coco was hospitality, I was trying to point out it is improper to touch. I did not say it well. Arrows are something teacher should provide, is duty." He nodded firmly.

"If I try to give you art, or book. It would be gift. You would refuse, to test my sincerity. I offer again, you refuse again. I offer third time, then you accept. It is how things are done."
He explained carefully, occasionally pausing to think of the right word.

As they moved to the lessons he nodded. "Take stance, and fire four arrows. This one will observe more carefully."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 pm 

She nodded at the cultural commentary, then assumed position in a distance before shooting. After the first ten she took some steps back, and tried again.

In first round, almost all hit, some with great precision. In the second, it was just every other on average.

LM9. Shooting arrows. First Ten vs. TN20, Second Ten vs. TN25: 10#6d10ro1o10k3 22 22 39 25 41 36 14 39 23 28 10#6d10ro1o10k3...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:31 am 

Yasu nodded in appreciation at her performance. "Well done, I thought you had solid base, is good to see I was correct."

"We will start you at second distance for practice. First though I show you my skills. So you know better that I can teach." He offered her a crooked smile. Mind you do not expect perfection. As I show you the distance I practice from."

With that he started walking taking a considerable distance from the targets, a bit beyond the natural range of a bow. After she stepped yo the side he began to fire, his arrows arcing through the air. Only around half hit, though those that missed were still close. Still he had expected better accuracy.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:46 pm 

She watched with respectful appreciation but it was clear that she had seen such displays of skill before and even though she couldn't repeat them herself they were not aweing. That, and Alvaro's condition followed by her new responsibilities had rendered her quite drained, or maybe endowed her with greater calm.

"You are very good with the bow, Senor. So what should I be doing now?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:53 am 

"Not good enough senorita." He offered with a half smile as he walked over to collect the arrows.

"First we collect what we fired, then you shoot again, from the second distance, I'll give what advice I can, while you do so."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 pm 

"Nothing is perfect in this world, but in the next."

She uttered quietly, moving to conscientiously collect the arrows.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm 

"That does not mean we should not aim for it." He offered in return, though it seemed to him she was reciting scripture.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 pm 

She nodded, took up her stance with the bow and started shooting obediently. While there was a good number of near-misses, less than a half hit their targets.

LM9. Shooting arrows. Twenty vs. TN25.: 20#6d10ro1o10k3 23 18 32 23 24 35 18 29 19 31 28...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:13 pm 

He eyed the young lady carefully as she shot, his expression neutral as he looked for flaws in her form. "Take it slower." He offered after a moment. "Let the arrow fly as you breath out."

"You need to clear your mind as well. Don't let your troubles cloud your mind."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]