Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Return of the Science Stick (D4 LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am 

"Oh, half of that is luck," Tori admits. "I've never cooked this species of crab before! I'll have to document the findings. Maybe even record your thoughts for posterity." She slides some sand aside with a rock, making a hole for discarded shells before snapping her leg for another bite.

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 am 

"Where was that luck when that storm hit?" Akarei smirked and placed her shell in the hole as well. "Well, I suppose we aren't that unlucky if we're both alive, right?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:12 am 

"The storm is inevitable," Tori points out. "Stay at sea long enough, and you have to face it. We were lucky we fared as well as we did, and we were able to come to ground so soon after. I'm not sure some of the ships could have made it if that happened, say, half way through the journey instead. Or if it happened twice."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:24 am 

The priestess shrugged. "It's my first time at sea," she admitted, "I read about it, of course, but it has been quite different from the logs." She looked over her shoulder and then stared at the Crane with a wicked grin. "That's what I get for trusting a Mantis or a Tortoise to write something, right?"

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:15 am 

"Mantis and Tortoise are very..." Tori mulls over her words as she snaps off another leg, "...'entertaining' authors, though the line between prose and history often becomes dubious. At times akin to the Ikoma, but the Ikoma at least know how to make that stylistic line clear. Usually."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:16 am 

"And the Ikoma favor accuracy," the redhead added, "Something other writers happen to not value very much." She took another leg for herself too. "As a scholar, I much prefer to be certain that my literature is accurate."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:39 am 

"But I really dislocated the orochi's jaw with my bare hands, then pulled it bodily from the water and hurled it past the horizon with my most manly of muscles!" Tori mocks with a giggle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 am 

The Yogo was unable to keep herself from chuckling at the display. "I bet the writers are actually as scrawny as you are," she teased. Her expression turned to one of anxiousness and she looked away with a slight blush in her face. "Not that that's bad or anything. I just didn't mean to insult you."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 am 

Tori feigns a flabbergasted expression. "What ever do you mean? Truly, I am mighty!" she flexes her humerus, for there is no bicep. "I'm ready to wrestle Lady Matsu herself! After all, no matter how that end, we all have a lot of fun."

She casts a sidelong glance to the Scorpion as she goes for another leg, curious where her mind will take it. Masked though she may be, she's terribly expressive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 am 

Akarei perked her brow behind her mask, though the expression was mostly moot. "Don't let the Lion hear you talking like that. They're always so, so serious."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 am 

Tori makes a dismissive gesture, "Oh, a little flattery, and that usually blows right over. Just gotta know how to get along."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 am 

"Flattery, huh? That is very much the Way of the Yogo." The woman took a purposely ungraceful chomp on her meal and munched on it with a barbaric smirk.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:04 pm 

"'As scrawny as me?'" Tori reminds teasingly. "Certainly feeling the special. Though perhaps I haven't seen enough Yogo flattery to judge?" She could go for some flattery right about now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:45 pm 

The Yogo paused and stared at the Crane as she nibbled on the meal. She slowed down her bites considerably as she mulled over her options. Finally, with flushed cheeks, she said, "You are an accomplished scholar."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 am 

Crickets chirp in the distance.

Weak.

Time to up the stakes, and see what she really thinks.

At the underwhelming attempt, Tori crosses her arms, turns away, and lets out a delicate, "Hmph," in carefully balanced Doji fashion, tailored to make this dear Yogo feel awful, but still let her know she has another chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 am 

"What? I do mean it," she stated, clearly exasperated, "You're an intelligent woman. And you are bold too! I may have spoken poorly about it before but do you see me flying? Even for a priestess, it is quite difficult." The redhead looked up to the sky and then back to the Crane. "You think I would try to accomplish something like that? I just read books and scrolls and reproduce whatever I read."

She tossed her current shell into the pit. "Oh..."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 am 

At that, Tori begins to smirk. "Getting better," she teases, offering the Yogo a sidelong glance. "Has anyone ever told you you're cute when you're flustered?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am 

Akarei froze in place as she was about to snap off one more piece for herself. "W-what?" she muttered, seemingly to herself out of utter confusion. She retracted her hand and straightened out her posture. "I, well." She took a breath and rose to her feet. "It is rather late, actually. I wouldn't want the crew to worry about me."

Not that they would...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 am 

Tori tosses her hair and leans back a bit, an innocent enough gesture. "It's okay. I understand."

She gets up, then places a hand on Akarei's shoulder and leans in to plant a soft kiss on her cheek. "We can... 'talk' later," she whispers into her ear, before she turns and sets to cleaning up their dinner as if nothing just happened.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 am 

The Yogo shivered at the kiss and turned her cheek away. She let out an exasperated sigh and walked at a brisk pace away from the fire. Partway she stopped, spun on her heel to correct her course, and quickened her pace.

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2