Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Return of the Science Stick (D4 LE)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 am 

Tori continues her poking things well into the setting sun, but past the initial surge of animal activity in twilight, new discoveries begin to run dry.

And she starts to get hungry. There are a lot of crabs around. They do look pretty tasty.

((Lore: Nature/Agility, 2R, easing, TN25: 10d10o10k2 17))

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Return of the Science Stick (D4 LE)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 am 

The Yogo came to the beach to look for more signs in the stars. Perhaps if I had been more careful, then this could have been avoided. Was that what those fish-people were trying to say? We could have done something, anything, to avoid being put in such a dire state. Just as she removed her mask, she caught a glimpse of a woman attempting to poke things with a stick. Were it not for whom it was, the redhead may have been more judgmental.

Instead, she did the most awkward thing possible. She replaced her mask and tried to stay out of sight as she observed the small Crane at work...

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm 

The little Crane shuffles the tip of her stick along the beach, heading toward the sea like the pitter patter of little feet. Send a tremor, and... once more, here comes a little crab, hidden under the sand, snipping away at her stick. Though honestly, at this point, this has become less research, more playing around. And planning.

When something moves in Tori's peripheral vision, she catches it easy enough. That hair would stand out anywhere. But if she doesn't want to be noticed, then she needn't be noticed just yet.

The little Crane wanders off and grabs a deeply bent piece of metal. Who knows what it used to be, but one trip to the sea and it holds water just fine. Gather a few of the drier pieces of flotsam, and a pot's ready for the cooking. From there, it's easy enough to goad a crab, flip it, and toss it in the pot on its back.

"Now if only I could light this fire," she comments absently to no one in particular.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:03 pm 

Akarei stayed in her hiding spot for now. She took off her mask when she felt comfortable enough and looked up to the skies for portents. Where are we supposed to go now? Where am I supposed to go? Why...

She glanced over at the Crane struggling to heat up the crab. There's a certain irony in this... When it became more apparent that the Asahina needed help, the priestess let out a sigh and put on her mask. Afterwards, she walked up to the pot and gave a soft smile. "I'm glad to see you're okay," she stated, more warmly than she had meant.

Her expression went back to a frown as she looked at the crab in the pot. "I thought they would have taught you how to make fire at the colleges." She pulled out her knife and looked around the beach. "If we could find some flint, then I could use my knife here to start a flame."

---

D4 LE Divination (Astrology)/Intelligence: 7d10ro1o10k4 35

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:15 am 

"But if I did that, you wouldn't have revealed yourself," Tori counters, "A meal is best when shared, ne?"

She bows, "I'm glad to see you are well, Yogo-san." But she leaves that line of discussion to hang. After all, Akarei will probably be responsible for some of the funerals, if she wasn't already. Best to keep to happier thoughts. Like dinner.

Her search of the beach continues, looking for some good flint. Dinner should be fine on its own, flailing on its back. "Funny thing; this meal falls in my ship's charter. I usually focus on the wildlife's anatomy and habits, but how well these creatures serve as a food source is important, too."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 am 

The priestess stumbled back, her cheeks rivaling her hair. She let out an exasperated sigh and covered her lips as she thought of a response. "I was watching the stars, looking for portents," she finally threw out. It was a half-truth, for she truly wanted to divine their future as well.

The future...

She prepared to dash away like she had weeks ago. Her eyes went back to the ship, her so-called baby with her betrothed. The storm, to her, had not ended in the very least. It only had made matters more complicated for her. For the first time in her life, she had questions that stumped her completely.

"What was that? About the food?" she asked, snapping back to the conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 am 

[I]Definitely got a chance with this one,[I] Tori thinks to herself as she comes back with a broken piece of stone that might work, smiling ear to ear.

"It's ready as soon as we cook up our little friend," she assures. "Troubles are easier to deal with on a full belly. What did the stars have to say?" She offers the flint.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:21 pm 

Akarei took the piece of flint and used the back of her knife to start working on setting up the fire. "The stars," she started, a bit flabbergasted that she was having a difficult time remembering them. Or rather, they were there, including the interpretations, but she was unable to formulate her words. She let out a soft sigh and decided to focus on the fire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:47 pm 

She’s so cute when she gets flustered.

But just this moment, it isn’t time for such things. This part is a somber moment. “We thank you for your sacrifice, little friend,” she whispers to the crab as it begins to hiss and die.

Soon after, the crab is dead, and beginning to cook nicely. “There is nothing quite like fresh shellfish on the beach.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:18 pm 

"I think I prefer a roof over my head and a more filling meal," the priestess stated plainly. She let out a soft sigh. "Eating on the ship was never quite the same."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:08 pm 

"I wouldn't worry too much," Tori assures her companion. "By every account, this island should be well-settled, including a Tortoise presence. We should be able to settle down somewhere more stable within the next couple days."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

"But I have no time to stay here. I need to continue my search." She let out a sigh. "This storm was a major setback."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:52 am 

"Oh?" Tori asks, as she slides the crab from the pan with her stick, serving it up on a rock to cool before they can eat. "What might you be searching for? Perhaps I can help."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 am 

"I search a way to release my family and our liege from the Curse," she stated plainly, "It has been my duty all my life.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 am 

Ah. There's a project. "Not my specialty, but if I see anything promising, I can certainly share any leads I find. I take it you came in part to see if gaijin magicks could uncover any clues?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:46 am 

"Exactly. I have no real evidence that it will lead to anything but this is a problem that has remained unsolved for centuries." The woman gave a soft sigh. "I suppose you could say we are desperate to find answers anywhere."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 am 

"Sometimes, all it takes is a shift in perspective to change... everything."

She reaches out to the crab, and snaps off a leg. "Or some food and a good night's rest!" She offers the crab leg, "Never forget life's little pleasures."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:49 am 

The Yogo took the leg and nodded. "I suppose so, on both accounts." She then let out a small giggle. "I just realized that I need to find new chopsticks. This storm was rather terrible, wasn't it?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:36 am 

"We have no shortage of materials," Tori points out. "But when you're doing a beach boil..."

She snaps off a leg for herself, then breaks it in half, revealing the delicious meat within, "...there's only one right way to do it!" She sucks a bite of meat from inside the shell, grinning ear to ear as she chews.

Last edited by Asahina Tori on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 am 

"Right," the priestess responded, long and exaggerated. Still, she gave a genuine smile and imitated the same motion as the small Crane. "This is surprisingly good." She blinked. "I did not mean any offense by that."

Page 1 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next