Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Widow's Watch (D5, LE)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:28 am 

It had been a full day for Anzai. Securing his lodging while at Kameyama Jima. Engaging with the local populace, as well as finding clothes to replace what he had lost.

He had found something in Merenaese style, solid black with crimson trim. He hadn't found a new mask yet. But that could almost be something custom.

Now, he found himself at the long shoreline. Looking out to sea. The sailors aboard the fleet had not found any trace of Otsuka. He held out hope, but at the same time...

The young Scorpion found himself watching the tide, looking put at the star reflected waters. A melanchonic mood surrounded him.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Widow's Watch (D5, LE)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:40 am 

She was walking with Tristan alongside her, enjoying the evening breeze. She always did love the ocean. Ever since the first time she visited the Ivory Kingdom she had fallen in fast love with the greenery and crashing waves.

Yesterday had been a brutal reminder that those waves could turn vicious if given the thought. So many people losing so much. She felt lucky in a way that she'd been able to help in a small way, but it didn't feel like enough. After she got the three she found back to their people, she was able to change clothes, give her horse proper attention, and visit with others more lucky than most. 'My people,' she thought with a pensive frown.

She heard paws quite a bit ahead of her. Tristan was running toward a man standing on the beach. Her eyes widened and she hurried with as much grace as she could to keep this from offending the gentleman standing alone, obviously contemplating something.

Tristan was circling the man, sniffing his feet. "Please forgive me. I was lost in thought and he took the opportunity to exercise." She hoped the slight joke would ease any tensions.

Akaichou's dress; lavender in color, and not sheer in back

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:59 am 

He was pulles from his contemplations by the sound of a dog running towards him. His miscolored eyes focusing on the creature, before they were drawn to the woman addressing him. He smiled to her, not able to place her accent in the language. Then again, he was sure he had an accent went speaking Merenaese.

"No need to apologize. He's quite a curious one, isn't he?" He knelt down, scratching the dog behind the ears, before standing back up before the woman. He was taken by her beauty, thoughts easily slipping through his mind.

"My name is Shosuro Anzai. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting this night." It felt right to slip to those whispered, honeyed tones. Might help take his mind off od the pain.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 am 

Akaichou's violet eyes caught the stars just starting to peek into the sky. She smiled in relief that the man was not offended by her Papillon's antics. In fact it seemed as though he didn't mind small dog's impropriety.

She bowed, and took in a deep breath. "The pleasure is mine. I am Ide Akaichou. And this scoundrel is Tristan."

He was quite attractive, this man her pet had introduced her to. Beautiful, suave voice to match his features. There was a longing in his eyes; if she noticed the colors, she made no outward sign of it. The countenance of very few surprised her due to her travels, and training as an Emissary whose job it was to accept all.

"Are you here to take in the view as well?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 am 

"Something of the sort. Contemplating the sea. How different it was than the storm that tossed me aside a day ago." His main focus he kept to himself. Visions of blue kimono and white hair tossed overboard before his eyes had plundered his dreams, robbing him of sleep the night prior.

Her eyes truly were amongst her most striking features, without bringing thoughts of a kharmic injustice. "Taking in the beach is something I did want to do. My homeland, I did not live near a beach. Seems the island has much... scenery to enjoy." His smirk came through with his words.

He hadn't looked back to the sea since they started speaking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:34 am 

She blinked at that and looked out toward the ocean and then back, almost accusing it of something. A softness came to the way she held herself. "Then you are Rokugani? I am so sorry for the horror that befell you.

Had she not been overwhelmed by compassion, she would have undoubtedly picked up on the flirtations. "I am of clan Ki-Rin. If there is something I can do to help you, please tell me." This time speaking in Rokugani, to prove her true earnestness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:09 am 

"Clan Ki-rin.... no. Can it be true?" There was a bit of trepidation in his voice. The lost clan who had left Rokugan. Their Kami tasked with seeing what was beyond. What would come of this. He kept his excitement hidden by his On.

Instead, he focused on the woman before him. "Your concern is kindness enough. Unless you can scour the sea for someone, I don't know if there is much anyone could do for me."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:47 am 

She inferred from context that he'd lost someone. She didn't know the word "scour," but it sounded like "look for."

"I am so sorry. I would not wish that on anyone. Would you like to be alone?" She didn't want to infringe upon such a private moment. It seemed disrespectful. And Tristan continuing to snuff at the man's feet wasn't helping.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 am 

"I've had enough time alone." He finally turned back out to face the sea. "I hold out hope she will be found in the next few days. But with each passing day..." he didn't dare actually say it.

"I assume you've met other explorers. And I'm sure they've all asked you the same question. So i won't. What I will ask... what are your thoughts on us?"

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 am 

She also turned to the ocean, though her thoughts were undoubtedly calmer than his. Her smile was soft. "Please forgive me, my Rokugani is limited, whereas I'm fluent in Merenaese."

"The fact that I have seen so many of your people speaks to the Rokugani resolve and stamina. You seem strong and resilient. Also curious which are all excellent qualities for explorers."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:44 am 

"You have no need to ask for forgiveness. My Merenaese is fluent, as well. Your words honor us, Ide-san." He spoke softly. Pushing out the mental pain, and the lingering physical pain. He breathed in the sea air, the briny smell of salt water filling his nostrils.

"So far I've only explored the West Port of the island. Found a place to stay there. What else should I seek out on the island?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:51 am 

The Ide breathed as she thought. "I have spent most of my time here in the East Port. The Purple Mosque during the day as a true sight to behold. And there is a place for Tea Ceremony which I am partial to." She smiled at the thought of the calming influence of the ritual.

"If I may, do the Rokugani have any rules of etiquette that I have failed to show thus far? I have been taught to be respectful, but I fear traditions are changed or lost over time. I do not wish to being offense."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 am 

"How much do you know of the Celestial Order?" He turned his head to face her. His eyes took the young woman in again, a half-lidded gaze. "And if you have, I am not offended because we are all strangers in a strange land. Our customs are different. You certainly have not offended me."

Tilting his head, he seemed a bit more inquisitive.

"You are familiar with the tea ceremony? I would be very interested in seeing this place you speak of."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:23 am 

Akaichou smiled, looking toward the handsome man beside her. "I perform tea ceremony. I do not claim to have mastered it, but it is enough to calm me and center me."

Tristan seemed to finish his investigation and settled in the sand at her feet.

"I am glad any ignorance I might have has not offended you. As to the celestial order, I believe it has to do with reincarnation and karma. Is that correct?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:33 am 

"I perform it as well. I would very much enjoy seeing how clan Ki-rin performs it." He mused to her, then listened to her answer.

"Yes and no. It also has to do with one's standing in society. The level of respect one gives and one must give. It is how our society functions."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:02 am 

Akaichou blinked and smiled. "I would be most interested in the Rokugani tea ceremony ritual as well. Perhaps we could meet at the tea house sometime soon? The establishment I mentioned is Mustaffar's. They serve coffee, but they have more private veiled areas for people to immerse themselves in ceremonies."

She took a moment to contemplate such an order. "I suppose most places I've been have a type of Celestial Order by that definition. Those with more responsibility are revered; like royalty and khans. But I would guess a true order would have specific steps on a social ladder."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:38 am 

"Cof...fee? I'm not familiar. Is it good?" His voice had a curious lilt to it. He watched her closely for a moment. For some it might be a little too closely, before he turned to the see again. "Mustaffar's? Is that Mekhem? I think I'd like to practice that, as well." He smiled even wider, the excitement rising to his eyes.

Then, his demeanor drew more reserved, more curious again. "What do you know of the Scorpion?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:19 am 

"Coffee is an acquired taste. It is often mixed with other things to bring out different flavors. I like it, but I don't know the Rokugani palette well enough to recommend it. And yes, it is Mekhem. Although you can't do much practice within the establishment. It is a quiet place."

She smiled, looking back at the man beside her. "I know they were founded by the kami Bayushi. But I fear any knowledge I have about the people would be woefully out of date."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:31 am 

"That is correct. We are the Underhand of the Emperor. We handle the tasks that the Emperor cannot. Because we do what is necessary. No matter how dishonorable." He watched, gauging her reaction. Miscolored eyes focusing on hers.

"I would like to try it. And to see what the Mekhem side has to offer."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 am 

She wasn't sure how she felt about dishonorable tasks, but her face remained relaxed and open. She had been in rooms where men spoke of warring with one another. As an Ide she didn't think to judge them. Why would she start now?

"Leaders and Kings must make life and death decisions. They can only rule their people and care for them from a position of power. At times power cannot be gentle, although I think most wish it could be. Some must take unsavory burdens upon themselves to keep the majority prosperous. Is this like the Scorpion?"

Her smile met her eyes. "There is actually coffee ceremony as well, although I do not know it. I preferred to learn what my ancestors would have learned. Would it be presumptuous to invite you to see one? Or to compare ceremonial differences with tea?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next