Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Widow's Watch (D5, LE)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 pm 

"That is very similar to the Scorpion, yes. Except instead of the majority, it is the Emperor. We are the villains. If you look in Rokugani plays, there is always a Scorpion villain." He seemed to relish saying that, a light laugh at the thought. Yet he didn't look away from her eyes. There was something in those violet orbs that seemed so soothing.

It didn't hurt so much.

"I warmly accept your invitation. It would be my pleasure to accompany you, señora.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:35 pm 

A man admitting he was a villain and proud of it? There is a saying that wrong always thinks it's doing right. Conceivably in the case of the Scorpion right only thought it was doing wrong?

"Keeping the Emperor in power brings stability to a realm. You may be more heroic than you think?" She left the last bit a question so as not to argue. After all, she didn't know the Scorpion. But a man standing on a beach, standing vigil for his lost love... It didn't seem he could be completely corrupted.

"The Ide have long been the keepers of history, language, and Emissaries for the clan. We've had to adapt into arbiters and peace keepers. The greater the influence one can spread for the clan makes us stronger. We've learned to accept a vast number of cultures and people's practices without condemnation. That could mean we are not so different after all. We both deal with people, ideas, and tasks we'd rather not."

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:06 pm 

He didn't say anything in regards to being more heroic. Then a slight curl at the edge of his lips. "Who said anything about rather not doing? It is Duty. And for me, for the Scorion, duty is the most importsnt tenet of Bushido. It is Loyalty." He certainly wasn't chastising. He was enjoying their exchange. Her company. The circumstances that caused their meeting not so much.

But perhaps there was a reason.

"You serve as a courtier then? You and I are very much alike indeed."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 pm 

"Yes, I was brought up in the courts even as a small child." She relayed happily. "My father used to take me with him during some of his own work as an Emissary so that I might forge connections early in life."

She bit her lip in contemplation a moment. "I suppose I always looked at the two things differently." She mused, with no malice or challenge. "Duties are my actions. The things expected of me for the betterment of my family, my people, and my leaders. Things I've been taught. Loyalty is the feeling that drives those actions. Both the actions I take and the ones I do not. But loyalty can't be taught as a feeling. It's either there or it's not."

She tried to think of a way to explain herself better. "For instance, if my Khan were someone I was opposed to, I would serve him out of duty. If he was admired I would act in his interest out of loyalty because he, himself, earned my respect instead of merely respecting the crown placed upon his head."

Her eyes remained warm. "Please forgive me if I've spoken out of turn. Are things different in Rokugan?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:04 pm 

"Well, they are very similar in Rokugan. But it is expected to do one's duty. Despite what personal thoughts may be." His eyes focused on her lip as she bit it. It was probably a subconscious gesture on her part. He liked the way it made her face look. The way she seemed to show her thoughts on her face. There was a bit of guilt as he thought about her features, considering where they were.

But he did consider her, and his smile remained.

"Again, you did not speak out of turn. At least to me. Your care for propriety is quite admirable, Ide-san. I'm glad you little friend here brought you to me. It has helped my night improve by quite a bit."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:53 pm 

She smiled down at Tristan before meeting his eyes once again. She had to admit that everything about him was interesting. His beauty as well as his conversation.

"I am happy to hear it as my night is better for finding you as well. And I am humbled you approve of my propriety. I do not wish to make anyone uncomfortable through simple ignorance."

She watched Tristan happily settled a moment. "I had planned tomorrow late morning morning to perform tea ceremony. It is helps soothe me and I have not done it in a few days. Are you available?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 pm 

He bowed respectfully. "I would be honored to join you." He steadied himself, not wanting to seem over eager.

But it felt nice to have something to wake up and look forward to.

"Mustaffar's will make a lovely place to meet you."

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2