Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [EE D7] Along The Long Beach
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 am 

Akaichou threw a stick Tristan had brought her. It made him so happy to chase it! The little Papillon sniffing around, chasing sticks... Sometimes it would be nice to have such simplicity in one's life. Speaking in war rooms and arbitrating strong disagreements was not exactly a typical life one sought.

She'd watched the sun go down and took down some of the braids from her hair to keep warmer.

Akaichou's Dress

Last edited by Ide Akaichou on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

Post subject: Re: [EE] Along The Long Beach
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 am 

Ringo arrives at the long beach. He equal parts admires the scenery as well as the other occupant of the beach. He approaches her and bows politely. "Konbawa Ide-san. Have you had your rice today?" He offers a soft smile.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 am 

"Hello, Hida-san. It is good to see you. My rice?" She smiled as he greeted her and she returned the bow, but she didn't understand the implications behind the rice.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 am 

"It is a standard greeting back in the Empire." Ringo thinks about that for a moment. "Similar to how the Burning Sands say, 'May you always find shade'."

He decides on a simple analogy rather than get into a more detailed explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 am 

"Ah. That's lovely. Thank you." She inclined her head in gratitude.

Tristan came running back with the stick and dropped it before sniffing around the newcomer. She had a tiny lilt of amusement in her voice, "This is Tristan, my Papillon and official guard."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am 

"Papillon? Does that mean dog? For some reason I thought you meant butterfly for a moment." Ringo says with a chuckle.

"Have you had him long?" He did not try to pronounce the dog's name as he will probably butcher the name.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 pm 

She grinned. "'Papillon' does mean 'butterfly'. It's his breed. My name is 'Crimson Butterfly' in Rokugani so everyone thought it fitting. I have had him since I entered school so for about seven years."

"What about you? Do you keep any animals?"

Post subject: Re: [EE D7] Along The Long Beach
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am 

"Crimson Butterfly? That is a beautiful sounding name. It suits you Ide-san." Ringo comments. "My name means apple."

"It is nice that you have kept your pet for so long." To her question he shakes his head. "Crab generally do not keep pets. The threat of the Shadowlands... it corrupts everything. Humans, the land, even animals. So we generally do not try to expose anything else to the dangers unless absolutely necessary."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 am 

While she did not know some of the words he used, she inferred them from context. Perhaps it was time to stop flexing her Rokugani. "Forgive me, but your name means what? I understand most of what you said, but I have not yet mastered Rokugani, although one of your group has been gracious enough to help me in this respect." She dipped her head in humility. "In any case, it is a lovely name."

She smiled at his comment about her name. "My parents actually chose the name Akaichou for a small number of reasons. As an Emissary one must tread a light as a butterfly, lest crimson blood flow. It is also an homage to our ancestors as it is a Rokugani name. Most Ki-Rin choose names from their own regions."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am 

Ringo nods. "Ah, so you are more comfortable with Mekhem. My name means 'apple'."

"I believe that Rokugani believe butterflies to be guides for souls after death. So that we may enter Meido, be judged, and then return to the wheel of reincarnation."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:58 pm 

Chit-chat, chit-chat, and they just might have not noticed an Unidentified Fairly-Crustacean Object of the size of of a ship flying their direction. It was fast-approaching.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:03 am 

Akaichou grabbed Ringo's arm - something she'd never do under any type of foreseeable circumstance. But this was not exactly foreseeable.

"Hida-san!" She pointed the direction of the UFC.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am 

Ringo looks over to Akaichou with a stern look for a moment which then softens when he realizes she is not attacking him or anything. Then he looks over to where she is pointing.

"Huh... have not seen one of those do that yet. Is it dangerous?" He asks her but keeps his eyes on the crustacean.

He prepares to scoop her up and haul her out of there if need be or battle this monstrosity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 pm 

Akaichou was aghast. She wasn't a fighter! And she had no idea even really what she was seeing so it wasn't as though she could dazzle it politically. She didn't realize she still had his arm. She wasn't squeezing but it was more contact than she was used to having with anyone she'd only recently met.

"I've never seen... Is it Hida-no-Kami?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 pm 

Ringo shakes his head. "Definitely not Ide-san. Please do not say something so insulting."

He prepares to dig in. "Can you fight? If not we can either retreat or I can try to hold it off while you go get help."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 pm 

"My sincere apologies." She said automatically, never removing her eyes from the beast. She'd meant no disrespect, but it was a rather large CRAB of all things.

Her hands shook as she lifted her arm from his to use it to draw her dagger out from beneath her clothing. "I have no idea how to use this. Maybe we should run?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 pm 

The gigantic crab moved to the position above them, casting a deep shadow. Hovering, it began to lower on them with its shelled underbelly, its pincers snapping and legs shuffling with anticipation...

[Fear 3]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:20 am 

Akaichou tried to be brave, but there was nothing she could do. She closed her eyes and screamed, clutching her blade so tightly her knucles turned white. She managed to keep the dagger in the air toward the creature but as it was a short blade used only for self defense if someone were to try to take her or the like, she knew it would have no effect. She was trembling and could only hope the samurai next to her would have no lower an opinion of her.

Fear Roll:10 - Fail

Last edited by Ide Akaichou on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 am 

Ringo prepares his ono and weighs the options. "That knife will do no damage against its shell. You are better off assisting me but when it looks like it is about to die, get away from me as far as you can for a while." His voice is a bit tight as he says this.

"However there is no sense in us dying here either because we will not be able to warn the fleet about this danger." He gives her the options and waits to see how she will react. It is tough to ask these courtier types to deal with real combat out of the blue.

/ Fear = 18. Fails.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 am 

Akaichou was collapsing under fear, but she couldn't just leave someone to die for her. "I will leave if you tell me, but I don't want to abandon you!"

She felt sick. She'd never been good with pain and she'd never fought off a man, much less something of this magnitude. Despite his words about the knife, it was all she had and knew she was clinging to it. "Tell me how to help."

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next