Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Stings and Koku (D-3, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 am 

Anzai sat at a low table within the Scorpion run gambling den within the Market of Reversed Fortunes. His mask upon his features. In his lap, a small cricket in a cage, paired with his fan. A cup of ocha steamed in the periphery of his vision. He came here not for any vice, or any desire to 'earn' koku, but because this very well may be the last place of his Clan he sees for some time. He had worn the robe's he had purchased upon graduation from the college. The black obi a start contrast to the hues of gold and scarlet. Slender, delicate fingers caressed the obi, a memory of a lost relative.

He wondered if any other of his Clan would be selected for this journey. If not, it meant he would have to be more clever to complete his mission. After all, even outside the court, he still had his duty.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Stings and Koku (D-3, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm 

The Jade Yoriki entered the establishment, a slight look of amusement on her lips. She walked through with purpose until she noticed Anzai. "Shosuro-san," she announced when she was at a polite distance. Following shortly was a proper bow. "Good afternoon. Have you had your rice?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:14 pm 

Anzai stood as she approached. Bowing in deference to her, he would look to her afterwards. "Tansaku-sama. Good afternoon to you. I have not, yet. I would be honored if you were to join me." He extended his hand, inviting her to take a seat across from him.

"Seeking the familiarities of home here, as well?"

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm 

"You are as impeccable as always," she teased lightly. She took the seat as offered and smirked at him. "The saying goes that, 'Home is where the family is.' One could amend that to 'Clan' instead." Akarei's lips grew wider. "After all, Yogo are not known for being intimate."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 pm 

Anzai was hardly concerned with the curse. His mother had taught him early on to respect the Yogo. The power they brought the clan was immeasurable. "Intimacy is irrelevant. The strength of our kin is everything." He asked for a second cup of tea to be delivered to them from a passing server, not partaking from his until she was served.

"I'm always prepared to offer my best for our clan, Tansaku-sama. I'm glad to be on this voyage with you. It will male the trip amongst the others all the better." Already rumor was passing through of the Rose Whisperer.

Sweet little words, not all of them true. But that was their way. "Have you found this place to your liking?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:36 am 

The Tansaku woman smirked. "Why of course. Duty to our Clan above all."

Her lips turned a bit more crooked. "Well, I certainly feel the same," she enthused.

"It is as loud as the construction of Ryoko Owari," she mused as she tread her finger around the rim of her cup. Though the vapor was still hot, she did not appear to mind the sensation at the least. "I have found that I am able to do satisfactory work in these parts," she continued, "How does this compare to the Shining Light?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 am 

"Somehow more lively. Shining Light while known for it's social structures and dedication to the arts, is rather insular. I believe most schools are. After all, you're not surrounded by all, but by those who share the same interests in skills. This place is... a tempest of activity. I find I enjoy it." He would slowly sip from his hot tea, allowing the flavor to dance across his palette as he spoke with the Priestess.

"Are you nervous?" He lowered his voice, his youth peeking through in his words. While he could put on the mask of an arrogant courtier, one who could cut others down with words and rumor and outright lies. There was something about actually leaving home, heading out to sea.

The great unknown.

"About the trip, I mean. It's exciting, but I can't help but feel a bit anxious."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 am 

"I imagine it was quite a fond experience of yours." She raised her cup as well, a glint of malice in her eyes. Perhaps it was visible through the slits in her mask.

The woman remained silent for a good few moments. "I would not say that I am nervous regarding the trip. It is what I have been called to do and I will complete it." Her tone was bland and scolding to a certain extent. "What do you have to be anxious about?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:27 am 

To say that Anzai wouldn't catch the glint, even through the mask, would be a mistake. He was trained in the best courtier school in all of Rokugan. Bayushi. It would fail him to not notice things like that. Poise shined through his own wicked eye, before nodding. "It is our Duty, yes. Anxiety has no place, you're right. It's more... that we're seeing far off lands, and who knows what else will come." His voice channeled to something colder, steeling himself mentally as he spoke.

"I'm anxious that not every hidden little secret will be found, and made ours. It wouldn't do to return home without much to show for it."

He still made the mental note. He shouldn't have been so baited to speak about the college to her. After all, it wasn't fair that she should be denied it. One of the things he disagreed with strongly. Denying the ability to increase talents of anyone. Especially a fellow Scorpion.

"You're discipline steels my soul, however. This will be the last I mention of it."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:36 am 

"New opportunities lead to new solutions for the homeland." Akarei's expression turned more grim as she patted her scroll satchel. "I am sure you understand why this journey is of importance to me, Shosuro-san. With that in mind, I certainly agree that I would be disappointed if my search was for nothing."

The priestess shrugged. "I will not forbid you from expressing concerns. Who better to reveal the truth to?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 am 

"Of course, Tansaku-sama. Anything I can do to ensure your expedition is a success, I will gladly lend my talents to you." Both hands wrapped around the mug as he drank it in, taking in the vapors through his nose. Feeling that warming sensation fill his lungs and flow through him, reinvigorating him.

He smirked at her comment about who better to reveal the truth to. He'd focus his eyes on the slits in her mask, locking them. "Only one such as yourself. Thank you, for being able to discuss any concerns. It helps to have someone I can remove my mask around." The smirk widened, coupled with the briefest of glances down her face, as if accentuating the implication. "For a time, at least."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am 

"There may be a matter that you may help me address." The woman sat up more straight and looked directly at him. "You are trained in communication, far greater than I. As distasteful as it sounds, I may require the insight of a gaijin to further my research. After all, who knows what they have discovered in our absence?"

Akarei took a deep breath. "You must not become too comfortable with me or anyone else, Shosuro-san. Such is dangerous for our sort," she replied with a sinister, teasing voice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 am 

"Of course. I am fluent in the tongue of the Merenaese. It would shame me to not lend you it." While he could have mired it in double talk, this was in full seriousness. His dedication to duty was easily read.

"Wise words. To give in to comfort could bring complacency. And it is then we would be most vulnerable. Especially from the one we trusted too much."

A lesson he had learned at a very young age, from.a very good teacher.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:27 am 

"I truly hope they have much to offer me, even if I believe in the contrary." She looked around at the rest of the establishment and then back to the man in front of her. "I believe their successes have at least been shown in the tea."

She gave a sly smirk. "Leave complacency to silly artisans and mountain-dwellers."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:37 am 

"Then we will take what they teach, amd uncover the rest." His grin was wide, dripping with determination and wicked glee.

"We have no time for it. We will be too busy staking our claims to be complacent."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 pm 

"Such is the Way of the Scorpion," she mused. She took another sip from her cup and placed it down with a satisfying thud. "Yosh. What a shame it would have been to not have a fine courtier such as yourself to accompany me on this journey."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 pm 

Anzai bowed his head respectfully. "The true shame would be to travel without someone as pious and wise as yourself, Tansaku-sama. The feeling is mutual." He truly was pleased to travel with one such as herself.

He was not afraid of curses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 pm 

I suppose he was trained by the Bayushi.

The woman gave a whimsical sigh. "If only such piety was universally valued in the current state of affairs. If this life had been a couple decades earlier," she trailed off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:27 am 

"My family instilled in me the value and respect of such from a young age." He politely replied, a hopeful lilt at the end of the remark.

Only a few decades ago, this would be very different indeed...

A pause as he contemplated his tea. Contemplated the priestess before him. While his own proclivities painted his words often, he was sure she was above such things.

Or at least, knew it would not be wise to push his luck.

"I do plan on working to help restore that state of affairs, Tansaku-sama. Such as I can."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:38 am 

"That is a dangerous notion, Shosuro-san. One is told not attempt to thwart an Imperial Edict." She gave him a sinister smirk and took one more sip from her cup. "Such matters are usually spoken in the comforts of privacy. I should not have to make note of that," she teased. "I would not ever claim to be against such an order."

Page 1 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next