Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Stings and Koku (D-3, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:50 am 

"I'd never dare subvert an Imperial edict." His grin was pure evil geniu, a flash of arrogance in his eyes. "But everyone's mind can be changed, given excellent testimony. Stand agsinst an order? Never. Encourage seeing the advantages brought to the Empire?" He sipped from his tea, closing his eyes as he did so.

"But you are right. This is not the time or the place."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:05 am 

The redhead let out a soft sigh. "Such an eager young man," she mused, once more tracing her finger along the rim of her cup, "The Bayushi trained you well. You are much less dour than any other Shosuro that I know." Her lips turned to an exaggerated pensive look. "Or is that simply the mask that they wear?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:39 pm 

"Depends on the situation, Tansaku-sama. My mother was Bayushi. I've been told I take after her." The smirk remained ever present. As they spoke, small bowls of miso were brought forth.

"But we do tend to be a... serious famiky. After all, we do the biddings that are needed."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 am 

"The Yogo are the same," she remarked, "And the Tansaku follow in the same vein."

She gave him an amused grin. "I have heard of some of my kin following a new approach. Their way of circumventing our problem is to be lax and hedonistic in their approach of everything. Could you see me approaching life in such a fashion?"

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 am 

Anzai matched her grin with his. "I wouldn't presume as to what you could or could not do. However, I could see that, under certain circumstances." Then, a wink of his 'evil eye'.

"But I don't think we would have such pleasant conversation in that instance. Were you given to hedonism, I fear I'd be nothing but a bore and burden to you, Tansaku-sama."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 pm 

"I was led to believe that you were acclimated to such an environment. After all, such is part of the practice of the Bayushi." The woman held up a palm with a wicked grin. "Such is the practice of many Clans. We are simply the only ones to admit it."

She let out a soft sigh. "Oh but me? I am far too dour to engage in such matters. Far too dedicated to my Duty."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 am 

"I don't think you're dour, Tansaku-san." He spoke matter of factly, before catching her wickdd grin. "We might admit it, but I also believe we show greater dedication to duty than other Clans."

But she had heard correctly. He was acclimated to that lifestyle. Rumor might have him placed in such things.

He wouldn't deny it, but he would also speak of it in doublespeak.

"Your dedication is admirable. Something we should all aspire to."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:25 am 

"I appreciate the notion that I am not 'dour,'" she stated and left it at that.

The woman let out a soft chuckle. "Oh the silver tongue. I wonder how often that earns you a place among an important samurai's side." She peered at him. "Does it ever maneuver you into unexpected trouble?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 pm 

"Nothing that I haven't been able to talk my way out of." It was true, though. He had had a few unlucky encounters. Nothing serious enough that shame was brought forth. "I was brought with the Scorpion delegation to court last Winter. My tongue is what brought me here, Tansaku-sama." He remembered his place with her, cursing the earlier slip inwardly.

"Importance is relative to my Duty. Not what others may think."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm 

The priestess nodded with a small smirk. "You have never given me reason to doubt your abilities. Let us hope you do not change that in the future." She raised her bowl to him and took a sip of the miso.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:19 pm 

He raised his own cup, bowing his head. "I hope to give you reason to keep me in your confidence, Tansaku-sama." Bringing the cup to his lips, drinking in the hot liquid.

"Consider me at your service for this expedition."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:50 am 

"Are you searching for a position among the Jade Office?" she teased. Her expression then turned more serious. "In any case, I would not recommend it. It is one of the clearest avenues to success for a priestess but it is not glamorous work." She then gave him a smirk. "Such would not be suitable for a man of such charm."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:50 am 

"I suppose not. But it isn't the Jade Office I was seeking." He watched her closely. "You are the ranking member of our Clan on this expedition. And even if that weren't so, I..." he paused for a moment. Finding the right words, not wanting to come across as patronizing.

"We are going to be very far from home. Without any way to quickly contact our families, our allies, our daimyo. We only have each other to rely on. My duty is to our clan. As far as Ive seen, we are the only Scorpion being sent." He grinned, sipping from the soup again.

"You are my important samurai, as it were."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 am 

"I am unaware of any other Scorpion," the woman confirmed, "Perhaps among the marines?" She sat there in silence for a few moments, and then smirked. "I have no idea what the composition of our navy is. I suppose I will discover that in the near future."

Akarei peered at the man after his last remark. She once more remained silent, deliberating within, until eventually she bowed her head. "You should prepare for many more orders then, Shosuro-san," she finally tossed out with a whimsical tone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 am 

"Of course, Tansaku-sama." He picked up the whimsical tone, but didn't think for a minute that it wasn't true. He watched the red-head with vested interest. He hoped that when they returned, their alliance would be more strongly solidifed.

"I hope you will not mind me seeking your counsel from time to time. Both on this voyage, and moving forwards."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:01 pm 

"It is one of my many duties to offer counsel. Perhaps that role has diminished but I am committed to it entirely." The priestess gave a soft shrug. "On some matters, my wisdom may not be of much use to you. For example, others may be better acclimated to the ways of the gaijin."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 am 

"The gaijin don't worry me, yet. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to learn from the other members of the expedition on any knowledge on that front. Or to ask the Merenaese themselves for any knowledge before we leave." He set the cup of miso down, half-finished. Slender fingers resting on the edge of the table. His eyes, one known for it's disturbing nature, focused on the masked visage of the priestess.

"It's not diminished in my family's eyes, Tansaku-sama. Or in mine, I assure you. Your wisdom will always find a way to be useful to me."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm 

"The Gaijin should not worry you," she agreed, "But you must not let yourself become overconfident. To be caught unaware is to be the Scorpion's downfall." The woman patted her pack of papers and smirked at him. "That is why I spend much of my time studying, Shosuro-san. But the kami are helpful as well."

She let out a soft sigh. "You have demonstrated such on numerous occasions. You need not repeat yourself."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 am 

"Yes of course. I apologize, Tansaku-sama." Nerves maybe had crept beneath his skin more than he liked. He noted the papers, the smile. A studious woman, one he could plot and ally with. He was beyond grateful.

"Have you had much chance to explore the city yet?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 am 

The woman let out a soft sigh, for more reasons than one. "It depends on what you intend for the question. I have had my posting here with the Jade Office for some time. However, I cannot say that I have 'explored' it to its entirety."

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2