Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Savoring the Simple Things (D-3 Evening, Moshi Warf)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:07 pm 

Edogawa had developed a deep appreciation for Merenaese cuisine over the past year, but it had not prevented him from craving traditional Rokugani dishes. There were some foods in particular that always felt familiar and comforting. No matter how busy and stressful his work became, a simple bowl of noodles could help him relax.

La Ultima Esperanza didn't have a noodle shop, but the Moshi Warf did. With Nari at his side, the Miya waited at the stand as his order was prepared.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: Savoring the Simple Things (D-3 Evening, Moshi Warf)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm 

At one of the shop's nearby tables sat a woman with bright red hair. A small book was laid out on the table next to her bowl of noodles. Her left hand traced over the words as her right hand held a set of chopsticks. When she turned her head to take another helping of noodles into her mouth she saw the Miya with strange and oddly similar features. She nodded her head in a silent greeting as their eyes met as she politely chewed the noodles in her mouth.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm 

He returned the nod as he accepted his meal from the vendor. Noticing the motion, Nari moved over to greet the unknown woman, wagging his tail.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:30 pm 

A faint smirk crossed her lips as she reached down and scratched the small dog beneath its chin. She then looked up at the man after petting the dog for a few moments, "A cute dog Miya-sama. I did not know people of the mainland were apt to keeping such adorable pets."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:41 pm 

"I may well be his pet." he chuckled. "Nari-kun is the one who found and took care of me when I first came to Dragon's Guard. But, many have a fondness for keeping animals, including the local governor."

"Miya Edogawa." he introduced himself with a bow. "May I join you?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:45 pm 

She nodded graciously, "It would be my pleasure. I'm called Muhaki Berena."

She smiled down at the puppy as it took up a place at her feet. She looked up to Edogawa and asked, "I hear there is a great shipwright and commander of the Imperial Explorers who goes by your name... would you happen to be him Miya-sama?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 pm 

"I would." he admitted as he sat down. "But, I am not a commander. Just a shipwright preparing the fleet and its resources under the guidance of Asahina Yajinden-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:10 pm 

She nodded, "I suppose I was a bit presumptuous. Putting the ox before the cart, so to speak... Though I am sure with time that is where the winds of time will carry you."

She took the bowl into her hands and sipped the soup, "Your work must be invaluable to your superiors. There are not many who could help fashion such a fleet in such short time."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm 

"It would have been impossible, without the assistance of the Tortoise and the Merenaese." he nodded. "But, the fleet is ready for its first voyage."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:29 pm 

"I'm glad my associates could be of help." She nodded.

"I have heard you are preparing to leave. I have spent much of my life out on the sea. Do you have a destination set yet for your Explorers?" She asked with interest.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 pm 

"I could not say." he shrugged. "While I have prepared the fleet, others have been planning the actual voyage. All will be revealed at the appropriate time."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:44 pm 

She nodded, "Have you ever voyaged out onto the sea yourself Miya-sama? Or will this be your first time?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:02 pm 

"It will be the first time so far out." In this lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:09 pm 

"Then this is truly a special occasion for you." She smiled slightly. "Any place of particular interest to you... some place you've heard of that you'd like to see?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 pm 

"La Corteza." he answered. "If I ever have the chance to visit Merenae I'd like to see La Corteza."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:25 pm 

She smiled slightly, "Why La Corteza?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:41 pm 

"I think I would like it there." he smiled. "I enjoy the bustle of port, and would like to experience it there. Stevedores quickly moving freight, the scent of cinnamon in the air, perhaps distant music weaving its way across the docks. It can be like that here, but I feel that it would be different."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:57 pm 

She smiled faintly as if remembering in her own mind and nodded, "It is an enchanting place. I'm not sure how welcome a large fleet of the Explorers would be all at once. But I hope you will get such an opportunity; even if it is a more personal trip. I do not deny it holds a special place within my corazón."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:23 pm 

"There is nothing wrong with that." he nodded. "Where would you go, if you could sail anywhere?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm 

She smiled and chuckled once through her nostrils. Her eyes went down to her soup for a moment with the faint smile still on her lips, "I've been most places that you would want to go... For me, they all have a certain appeal. But now, it's much more about the journey for me than the destination. Who you're with. What you do. What you learn. The people you help... That holds more value to me than a single place or goal."

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 3 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next