Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: A Royal Pair (A -2, Miya Estates)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

Miya Edogawa sat in the gardens overlooking the harbor. His shadow was not with him, nor was Nari. It had been some time since he and Suihime could simply talk without distractions. So, tea was prepared along with some pastries and sweets. He enjoyed the peaceful setting as he waited for his sister.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: A Royal Pair (A -2, Miya Estates)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 pm 

It was a short walk from the estate to where Edogawa had set himself up. However, Suihime still managed to keep her brother waiting after losing track of time studying an interesting piece on Merenease culture. She had slipped on a much less formal but more comfortable kimono, silently hoping her brother hadn't invited anyone else. She was sure he hadn't, but when it came to Edokun she was never sure.

Thankfully, when she arrived, he was alone. She approached, her parasol open, bowing and smiling to her brother. "Has Nari-kun left you for a different survivor, dear brother? I didn't think you two were ever separated?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm 

"He tends to wander off to explore in the estate." he shrugged. "I think he remembers the animals of the zoo. Or, he may still sense some lingering sign that they were here. He will turn up in time."

"How was your morning?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:14 pm 

"I'm certain he will" Suihime found a place near to her brother to sit "my morning has been somewhat quiet. I found a fascinating book on Merenease religions that I'm almost certain would have been taken and destroyed if I had not interveined. I assume your morning was spent preparing for the voyage?" She cast an eye over the tea and treats, looking at the variety approvingly

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:50 pm 

"Making final modifications and preparations on the ships." he nodded. "A religious text? That is interesting. It could be valuable to us, as well."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am 

"How are the ships looking?" She asked, curiously, before adding "as for the text, hai. Although it would be pretty blasphemous here. The Merenease don't believe in reincarnation, and that all souls are equal regardless of the life they lead. I can imagine how the Lion might react to such things."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm 

"They are ready. I'm just finalizing a few things." he nodded. "That is an idea that would disturb many. But, it helps us understand the Merenaese."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:13 pm 

"I haven't been able to translate it all. Sadly my Merenaese is not up to scratch" Suihime sighed "just means I need to study it more."

She paused to pour tea for her brother, smiling again.

"Are the modifications requested by Moshi-dono, or Hantei-denka?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm 

"They are mine." he dipped his head, accepting the tea. "The fleet has been prepared to Hantei-denka's wishes, with Moshi-dono's and Asahina-dono's recommendations in mind. But, the responsibility of the design and construction is mine. As such, I continue to look for and correct any issue, no matter how minor."

"I would like to read that text, once you are finished."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:14 pm 

"I'll have it sent to your room" Suihime nodded "may I ask your opinion on the recommendations? I've heard nothing on our voyage location, but I'm certain the ships are being prepared for a longer journey than expected "

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:31 pm 

"Asahina-dono is overseeing the provisions and supplies, and I believe he is stocking for several weeks at sea. But, I have not been informed of our course or destination." he shrugged. "I've designed the ships to handle most of the conditions we might encounter. My crewman seem confident that the designs and construction would fair well in what they have experienced. The ships may not have the comforts some of our colleagues are accustomed to, but I believe Moshi-dono has been preparing them for greater difficulties than that."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 pm 

"As I expected then" Suihime sighed "I wish I had some idea, but information has not been forthcoming. It seems we shall all be surprised, mother included....and we know she isn't fond of surprises."

She took out her chopsticks, putting a few treats onto a plate.

"It would be nice to at least be able to prepare something; the customs of the world outside our borders changes a lot from place to place and we have no time to prepare."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:08 pm 

"I agree." He selected a few for himself. "But, this entire endeavor has been shrouded in secrecy. The less that is known about it, the more difficult it is to debate its merits in the courts."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 pm 

"I know I know" Suihime said with a nod "doesn't mean I didn't hope Hantei--jama might clue me in on something. I don't know whether I should pack clothes for hot weather, cold weather or wet weather, and I can't pack for all conditions! That would require too much space" she managed not to huff in annoyance

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 pm 

"You have spent weeks traveling through all of those conditions before as a herald." he chuckled. "I would be prepared for wet weather. Warm weather, too. I do not think we are planning to venture into colder climates. I am not sure we would fair as well with ice."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:02 pm 

"The end of a journey as a Herald was a set location though, even if I couldn't predict the weather accurately" Suihime shook her head "this is different. I had mostly considered it would be warmer, and pack a couple of thicker ones, but if we're wrong I shall be very unhappy."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 pm 

"No one wants that." he nodded. "I'll see if I can learn more. I am wondering what other prepartions we should make. It's not just what we may encounter out there. There's also what we will be leaving behind."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 am 

"It sounds like our beloved mother has been in your ear" Suihime chuckled "I don't have too much to plan regarding what I leave behind, as my duties are going with us in both the Imperial Explorers and Hantei-Denka "

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:05 pm 

"I see her more now than I am used to." he shrugged. "This voyage is the culmination of my duties, but many things are still uncertain. Are there any specific provisions you would like available?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm 

"Provision?" Suihime tilted her head "on the trip or here?"

Page 1 of 3 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next