Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Meeting King Tortoise [D -1, E, Orange Blossom]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 pm 

"Entirely understandable," he smirked happy at the direction the conversation seemed to be going. "Tortoises are after all, for all their virtues, not the fastest creatures."

"Yet I believe there is motivation to be found, motivation that will probably suffice to entice a hastening of pace," he continued. "Let us imagine this then; a Tortoise that comes from a famous family and who has, together with its Tortoise siblings, brought great wealth and power wherever they've been."

"Now let us imagine there was a position where the youngest of them would thrive but where he realizes the competition might be steep, not because of skill or ability but rather because the Tortoise is seen, despite its wisdom, warily. It could certainly go sour, couldn't it?" he let a happy sigh. "Now let us imagine a friend helps this Tortoise. Now this person would have a Tortoise friend, someone who would tell to his other Tortoise friends and his Tortoise family how much of a great friend he was. Specially because the young Tortoise respects this unseen man even before the man decided to help him."

"Now a Tortoise friendship doesn't seem very enticing I know," he chuckled. "But this is a pragmatic Tortoise, a Tortoise that sniffs gold and opportunity, a Tortoise that knows about his friends, a Tortoise that when successful knows with whom to share the rewards. Now that seems much better. Specially if said Tortoise was at the head of an expedition that promised to bring that."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

"A lot of ifs there," Zazu says, with a slight shrug.

"But we shall have to wait and see how the story plays out. There are many opportunities, twists and turns on any endeavor. Who knows what is in store for the Tortoise in question? He will have to wait until the time is upon him to see what happens."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm 

"I guess we will," he nodded, saddened for not having gotten a clearer promise. "Whatever the future holds, I am sure our clan shall triumph."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 pm 

"Undoubtedly so," he says with a small smile. "Now I think we should conclude our little conversation. I have other things to do. Do you thing, captain."

Zazu waved dismissal.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2