Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D-1 A, Zoo] Why the Long Face?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 pm 

When he'd last been to the zoo, Kenzo had been extremely excited. He'd drawn the creature with great enthusiasm.

Now, he still regarded the giraffe with interest, but at a much more subdued level. For its part, the giraffe regarded him with exactly the same amount of interest as the first time: none. It ate leaves.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D-1 A, Zoo] Why the Long Face?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 pm 

The Scorpion came to the zoo for the first time since she had arrived at the city. Before recently, she had seen it as a frivolous activity, a pointless venture. But with the impending journey, she had concluded that it was worthwhile to visit at least once.

She too was enraptured by the giraffe. Never had she seen a creature with such a neck. So this is why people come here...

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 pm 

This time, not so absorbed, Kenzo spotted the nearby watcher pretty quickly. He smiled, enjoying the sight of someone else enjoying the magnificent creature.

"Pretty impressive, huh?" He said, nodding towards the giraffe. "There's a lot of fascination creatures here. But I think this one may be the most interesting."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 pm 

"The neck is exceptionally long. It would be infeasible in my imagination if I did not witness it before my eyes." The woman then gave the man a moderate bow. "I am Yogo Akarei."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 pm 

Kenzo smiled. "It does look unfeasible, doesn't it? And yet..." He waved his hand in the direction of the giraffe. "And think about what necks do. How far it needs to send air, food, blood. When you consider those things as well, it really is quite a marvel."

He bowed, also moderately, a little casually. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yogo-sama. I am Mirumoto Kenzo." He rose gracefully. "May I ask what brings you here? Just curiosity?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 pm 

"This world is full of oddities," she mused, "I am certain that the coming journey will uncover more."

Akarei gave a soft shrug. "I had never visited this establishment before," she admitted, "I found it prudent to do so before setting sail."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm 

Kenzo grinned. "I certainly hope so. That's why I'm here, after all. More or less." The grin faded into a sigh.

"Prudent?" He echoed, giving her a curious look. "Why prudent? Worried you might not get another chance?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm 

The priestess shrugged. "It will be some time before we return." A pause for dramatic effect. "If we return." She gave him a soft smirk. "Death is another facet of our duty as samurai."

She remained silent for a few moments in self-reflection. Eventually, she turned back to him with a grim expression on her lips. "The journey will be harsh, Mirumoto-san."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 pm 

The comment about death just made Kenzo chuckle.

"No doubt." He said. "Tight quarters on a ship, as I understand it. It's not going to be easy. I'm used to going where I will." He gave her a sharp look. "Anything in particular you're expecting, Yogo-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 pm 

"I would also prefer having prior experience with a beast instead of encountering it for the first time during the journey. I have enough to be concerned about."

The Yogo glanced about and then looked at the Dragon. "One of my duties is that of a diviner. The portents all point towards great turmoil and war.

"In essence, I imagine our weapons across the seas will be the sword rather than wit."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 pm 

Kenzo gave her a smirk. "If we have to fight a giraffe, I think we must have made a grave mistake somewhere."

His expression grew more serious as she continued. Progressive he may be, but diviners had their power. "Hmmm. I don't suppose you can be more specific? What sort of turmoil and war? I'd love to hear more about your divining, how it works."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 am 

"I wonder how a gi-raf-fu would fare in combat," she mused.

The diviner looked to the sky above. "I interpret the constellations above. What appears to me, the stars, the way they are connected." She looked back down to him. "They point towards the very opposite of peace."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:13 am 

Kenzo looked to the giraffe, then back at the strange Yogo. "I would guess poorly." He said, his tone dry.

He followed Akarei's glance up to the sky. "The stars. Hmmm. I met a woman yesterday who studied the stars in a rather more mundane way." He looked back at her. "So, do the stars affect human events, or do upcoming human events change the stars?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:13 am 

"That is a logical conclusion," she replied. She held her tongue but she was, in fact, somewhat tempted to fight the giraffe.

The woman took a breath. "The signs among the stars reveal to me what will happen. We are, after all, bound to what destiny intends for us."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:59 am 

"That makes significantly more sense than the alternative, I suppose." Kenzo said thoughtfully.

His lips quirked. "If only you could ask more specific questions. Then perhaps you could find out how a giraffe would fare in combat." He cleared his throat. "But I do not intend to disparage your gift. It is very impressive, Yogo-sama. I wish I had your understanding of such things." He bowed respectfully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:03 am 

The Yogo muffled a laugh. "Yes, I wish I could ask about the giraffes and all other matters. But when it comes to astrology, it is not I who decides what messages I receive. I am merely a reader of what signs the Heavens decide to send to us."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 pm 

"I see." Kenzo said, giving her an approving nod. In some ways, that was not so different from what he did.

He smirked. "I don't usually do this, since it's more of the realm of my Togashi cousins, but if I could ask you a philosophical question... does not getting to choose make it easier, or harder?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:03 pm 

"I suppose the Togashi are more renowned for pondering on such matters," she mused. The priestess then gave a soft shrug. "We are not completely absent of choice. How else would society deem me as dishonorable if I was not responsible?" The woman's lips turned to a smirk. "I mean to say that we still consciously act on our own accord. Perhaps we were always destined to make certain choices but we would never know the difference."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo said. "I've known scholars who would say that it is not society that judges you, but rather that society that simply treats you as befits your social order, and your place in the kharmic cycle."

He smirked. "I'm not one of those, though. I'd like to think that we do have the opportunity to make our own choices. And I may think there are good and bad choices, but I'm certainly not going to fault you for following your own path. As if I even have the right to do so."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:23 pm 

"Naturally, I find myself at odds with that discourse," she said with a wry grin, "But perhaps I had performed some ill deed in a past life."

The woman looked up at him and then let out a soft sigh. "That is very much the way of the Dragon."

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next