Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A Stone's Throw Away [-D2, E, Nearby House of Salt]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:50 pm 

The weather was enjoyable and the day brought in some good business. The morning brought in the usual crowd of patrons; the regulars he had come to know during the several months of him being here. Students of the House of Salt would come in, eat their chankonabe, and move onto their day. In the evenings, they would once again return and relax themselves, enjoying their meals and tea, (with some sake, of course). Many of them had already started to enter in, ordering their meals and chatting about the day's practices, bringing back fond memories of his youth and the time he spent among the sumo of the Yasuki. Still, his Duty lied elsewhere than in sumo; the Clan needed him to utilize the other things he was taught among the Yasuki, and he eagerly awaited something to do. Standing at the door, he put on his best foot forward and eagerly greeted those who would come in to his place.

The mons of Ichiro and Moshi were littered at the tables, as usual, and his staff did their best to keep up with their thirst and appetites. Still, some tables remained open for the evening, eager to find those in need of food and tea.

Post subject: Re: A Stone's Throw Away [-D2, E, Nearby House of Salt]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 pm 

After finishing up some work back at the office, and still brimming with magical powers enhancing her cognitive functioning, the Jade magistrate found herself in the company of a diverse range of samurai shortly after entering; she was a literal princess after all, and had gained a reputation as being the friendly and approachable sort. And it wasn't every day one found a highborn Imperial engaged in the sort of conversation she'd found herself in.

"Well of course I know that particular snack, Moshi-san. No, I don't think many outside your valley would know of it, but did you know it was actually originally not from there? Moshi Izunuke developed it during their visit to Clear Water Village, and brought it back home. Oh yes I do agree it's similar to that particular Badger offering, although theirs comes on a stick of course."

Somehow, this Seppun princess seemed absurdly familiar with the most obscure snacks and candies from across Rokugan, and somehow this resulted in lively conversation.

(using this thread for event roll) (Pre-Game) D2 Lore: Rokugani Snacks, 2 called raises, 1 free raise, +1k1(mental quickness), +4(mental quickness), +2(Glory), +1k1 (VOID), TN30: 7d10o10k6+6 37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:11 pm 

After a day of protesting the innocence of a Phoenix . . . to political advantage, of course, Yuki made his way to a quaint little shop he'd heard about since arriving in the city.

The, soon to be, Lynx of the Night slipped easily through the maze of customers to find himself a vacant seat and proceeded to peruse the available teas.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 pm 

Like the Lynx of the Night that came seeking tea, so too did the Lady of the Golden Moon's Words. The chat with Otsuka the other day had given her some thought to looking into more types of teas to bring along for the voyage, and she had heard much talk about this place in the right circles.

She took a moment to look at the interior as she entered, to gain a sense of the place, as well as to savour the scents of various teas. This seemed like a fine establishement indeed.

---

Day-2 Lore: Heraldry untrained TN 15: 3d10 20

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 pm 

Yuki noticed the refined Lady of the Dragon almost immediately.

Now there's someone who might be worth speaking to . . .

He opened his fan with an audible snap, and waited.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 pm 

The signal of a fan was a second nature to courtiers, and she carefully laid her eyes on the Lion who had initiated the unspoken communication. One can hope that this is a good representation of the clientele here, as he seems cultured.

Approaching the seat of the Lynx, the Agasha lady bowed politely. "It is too fine a place to sit alone, and tea is best shared in company."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:51 pm 

Yuki rose to return the bow.

"A sentiment shared, Agasha-sama. I am Kitsu Yuki, formally of the Kitsu Tombs and now seconded to the Explorers."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:03 pm 

There was no sign of any nose-wrinkling in response to the mention of the Kitsu Tombs.

"Agasha Utsusemi, wife of Agasha Ryuden-sensei and his representative to the Explorers on the upcoming voyage," she inclined her head as introductions were made. "A pleasant surprise to meet another member of the Explorers. So far it seems there are many in the city here for that very purpose."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 pm 

Well this was unexpected.

His eyes blink a few times as a few different mons come into the tea house. As they enter, Kajima bows deeply to each of them. "Irasshaimase!" He smiles, greeting them as they entered. Lion and Dragons and...Imperial?!

He immediately turned to focus on the young Imperial, talking about...snacks. It was not the first thing he would think of overhearing from a Seppun, especially discussing ones of more Ichiro origin. Stranger things have happened.

After standing at the front for a few moments longer. He moved to each of the tables, establishing his presence to say hello and ensure their needs were met to his regulars. Stopping by the Seppun's table next, he bowed deeply to his guests. "I hope that you are enjoying yourselves. Especially you, Seppun-sama. I am humbled that an Imperial has deemed me worthy of their business this evening. This one is Ichiro Kajima, the owner of this establishment. Please let me know if there is anything you might need while you are here."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Hai, so many that I fear we may depopulate the city when we leave."

He seated himself again, carefully repositioning both blade and kiseru beside him.

"Have you graced this establishment before?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:28 pm 

Indeed, most Seppun would have ignored the place. Unless they were in the Emerald office and suspected this place was harboring criminals, of course. But Hikari was the curious sort, and not one to be easily deterred by looks. And so here she was; finding herself talking to the owner.

"Oh," she looked at him with a friendly smile, "quite the cozy place you've got here, Ichiro-san. My compliments."

A small light bow followed. "Seppun Hikari, resident Jade magistrate."

She could've mentioned her parentage. It would probably set his mind afire with yet more consternation at her presence. But she was known enough in the city that it rarely needed mentioning, and she generally didn't care to do so unless it was pertinent anyway.

"Perhaps some tea, I should think. Though, I don't suppose you'd have candy from your province in stock?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 pm 

Seating herself opposite of Yuki, Utsusemi placed aside her blade and the parasol that had become a standard for her with the current weather of bright sunny days.

"I can't say that I have visited before, but it's reputation is good and my first impression of it too casts it in a positive light. And what of yourself, Kitsu-san?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 pm 

"My first visit here as well. I have only recently arrived and happened to hear of this place and its reputation only this morning."

He looked about, a pleasant smile coming unbidden to his face when he laid eyes on the handsome proprietor.

"It seems the patron, as I assume him to be, is occupied by one of Imperial birth. It may be a few moments before we are attended to."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 am 

Seppun Hikari wrote:
Indeed, most Seppun would have ignored the place. Unless they were in the Emerald office and suspected this place was harboring criminals, of course. But Hikari was the curious sort, and not one to be easily deterred by looks. And so here she was; finding herself talking to the owner.

"Oh," she looked at him with a friendly smile, "quite the cozy place you've got here, Ichiro-san. My compliments."

A small light bow followed. "Seppun Hikari, resident Jade magistrate."

She could've mentioned her parentage. It would probably set his mind afire with yet more consternation at her presence. But she was known enough in the city that it rarely needed mentioning, and she generally didn't care to do so unless it was pertinent anyway.

"Perhaps some tea, I should think. Though, I don't suppose you'd have candy from your province in stock?"

Wow. A Jade Magistrate. Glad I made my way over here before the others.

"You honor me with your compliments, Seppun-sama." Egos needed to be properly stroked before he could continue on, of course. And although he had to adapt and learn how to do it, he could do it just as well as any of the Great Clans. "I'll make sure to get you the finest tea we have for your enjoyment. As for candy, well...the most I can offer at this time you from my region is some Kushi Dango with rice flower brought in from our lands. However, we do have some gaijin treats that can be obtained if you are feeling adventurous. There are some very strange and unique things they eat, which most who try seemingly enjoy."

He smiles and bows, motioning to the staff to prepare the tea for her consumption. "Although I understand if you are not so inclined to do so."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 am 

Awww yesssh... time to stock up... no wait... maybe just a little taste...

"No, no, by all means," she said, controlling herself, "please delight me with new tastes. But in moderation please."

Compulsion: Snacks, TN15: 3d10o10k3 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 am 

Kitsu Yuki wrote:
"My first visit here as well. I have only recently arrived and happened to hear of this place and its reputation only this morning."

He looked about, a pleasant smile coming unbidden to his face when he laid eyes on the handsome proprietor.

"It seems the patron, as I assume him to be, is occupied by one of Imperial birth. It may be a few moments before we are attended to."

Oh well, the fragile egos of some Imperials are well known. 'tis cautious of him, Utsusemi smiled as she looked in the direction of the Badger.

"So it would seem, though I understand it must be a challenge to see to the needs of all customers. It can't be helped that some have to wait," she answered with a calm patience, looking back to the Kitsu, her voice lowering to maintain some privacy. "I usually prefer to save the best for last when the opportunity allows it."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 am 

He smiles and looks at her. "Of course, Seppun-sama." He smiles. "There is a particular thing that comes to mind. Made of Ginger and Pepper, yet in a roll and quite sweet. With a spice called cloves, though I cannot say I am very familiar with it. Very interesting, I'll be sure to have it served with your tea, as the flavors should mesh very well." He smiles and bows. "If you excuse me, I must check on the other guests for now. I will be sure to head back here shortly to ensure that everything is to your pleasure." He bows again and moves to one of the staff to pass along the order before continuing to make his rounds, eventually stopping at the Dragon and Lion's table.

"Hai, it seems my humble establishment has gathered many people of interest. This one is Ichiro Kajima; I welcome you two to my Tea House." He bows to the table. "I hope you did not wait long, it's seemingly busy here for the evening. I'm not used to having such importance in these walls." He motions to the Imperial with his eyes and back at them. "Hopefully you've had time to think of what it is you might enjoy. Or, perhaps, you would like some recommendations."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm 

"Thank you," she said before the badger departed to check on other guests.

And then, once a servant brought it to her, she enjoyed the tea and snacks... though not as voraciously as she might have wished. There was something to be said for restraint to be sure, but Hikari rarely found the words for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 pm 

Agasha Utsusemi wrote:
Oh well, the fragile egos of some Imperials are well known. 'tis cautious of him, Utsusemi smiled as she looked in the direction of the Badger.

"So it would seem, though I understand it must be a challenge to see to the needs of all customers. It can't be helped that some have to wait," she answered with a calm patience, looking back to the Kitsu, her voice lowering to maintain some privacy. "I usually prefer to save the best for last when the opportunity allows it."

"Well the premises appear particularly busy tonight."

He picked up his kiseru and with an artful twirl reversed it so he could add whatever it was he would be smoking to the bowl. Some fragrant leaves of some kind apparently.

Ichiro Kajima wrote:
He bows again and moves to one of the staff to pass along the order before continuing to make his rounds, eventually stopping at the Dragon and Lion's table.

"Hai, it seems my humble establishment has gathered many people of interest. This one is Ichiro Kajima; I welcome you two to my Tea House." He bows to the table. "I hope you did not wait long, it's seemingly busy here for the evening. I'm not used to having such importance in these walls." He motions to the Imperial with his eyes and back at them. "Hopefully you've had time to think of what it is you might enjoy. Or, perhaps, you would like some recommendations."

His bow is returned.

"This is Agasha Utsusemi and I am Kitsu Yuki, a pleasure Ichiro-san."

His smile showed interest in more than just tea.

"I would be delighted to have your personal recommendations . . . "

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 pm 

His face glanced at the Lion and gave a polite smile to his affection. He was used to such glances back in his youth, from all sorts of people.

Things often did get lonely for the sumo and few women often join their ranks to help keep their bed warm. Those days were gone for him, though.

"A pleasure, Agasha-sama. Kitsu-sama." He nods and gives it a moment to consider. "Something recent came across my place. Black tea, grown to have a strong flavor and brownish color. Some gaijin drink this while consuming sugar beet cubes to offset the flavor into something sweet. It is such a contrast that it makes for a pleasant experience."

He nods and looks. "Does that sound like it could appeal to you, or do you wish for something else?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next