Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: A Stone's Throw Away [-D2, E, Nearby House of Salt]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm 

The lady at least did not seem to be showing any sort of underlying affection for the Badger. An appriciative look was given to his unusual handsome features for a Badger, and good physical condition, but it was more like an artist evaluating a sculpture.

Utsusemi looked thoughtful as she considered the recommendation. This did seem like a woman who knew her tea well. "I do not believe I have heard of such tea before. If it's no trouble, Ichiro-san, I would like to sample it."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:43 pm 

"It sounds tempting. I agree with Agasha-san, let us try this intriguing brew."

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 am 

He nods to her and and laughs. "Yes, well the gaijin are quite different in the way their drink their tea, Agasha-sama. Many do so quite casually, and others still choose to drink hot bean juice instead. Very strange, indeed."

He could only hope to get to try it along the way on this upcoming journey. He smiles at the Lion once again and his eagerness to try new things, some more than others. "If it is not to your liking, I will see to it that a more traditional taste is brought to you both instead."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 am 

Yuki nodded and kept smiling. The view was so nice after all.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:14 am 

"It sounds most agreeable, Ichiro-san," the Agasha nodded. "You do seem to be knowledgable on the drinking customs of the gaijin. Perhaps you could tell us more as we partake in this new brew?"

She glanced briefly around. "That is, so long as it does not keep you from other customers who need your expertise."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am 

He nods and looks to the two of them. "I can spare a few moments, of course." He did have to go check on the Imperial, of course. "Being Ichiro, we tend to have dealings with the Yobanjin. That tends to go in many directions for us, sometimes fighting, sometimes trading. In that spirit, this tea house was created based on that. Why I house a small trading area as well, as having means to do good trade is somewhat difficult in areas due to our terrain."

He continues to stand at attention while giving a small grin. "Besides, I think in order to understand a new culture, the first thing you must understand is how they eat and how they drink. Even among the Great Clans, there are many dishes and drink styles unique to each of them, based on their region's climate and their history. The gaijin are no different in this too. Most of how we made our relationship with the Yobanjin tolerable was thru food. Such a small thing proves to be the easiest way to share ones culture with another to some meaning."

He breaks a small laugh. "That is, if the stuff tastes good; tried some horrible things along the way."

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2