Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 6 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:57 pm 

''Leading Imperial legions from the deck of a ship in a faraway land would indeed be quite a feat'' he said with a smirk

''I think someone else might enjoy that more then I''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:01 pm 

Suzume Rokuro wrote:
With a soft sigh, Rokuro tucked his hands in his sleeves, fussing with them for a moment, allowing the silence to drag on, and then stated, simply, "The Tao is a mine, full of buried wisdom. Some lies near the surface, some buried deep within. If the Lion plan to delve deeply, to truly study, then my impressions would be clearly inaccurate, and I welcome your correction. I will be sure, when next I speak with my peers, to apprise them of the inaccuracy of hearsay."

Fixing the Kitsu with a steady gaze, Rokuro challenged the man to continue to disrespect him, in turn. "After all, the little teacher says that the greatest accomplishment is to overcome our past selves. One simply hopes that the past will not deter the wisdom your champion now seeks. I eagerly anticipate your clan's insights into the Tao."

The Kitsu's shoulders relaxed slightly.

"One cannot always judge things by the past," Keiji said...a most un-traditional thing for a Lion to say. "And though I cannot claim to be a theologian myself, I know enough to say that the Tao is a path, and every path begins with a single step. As a Great Clan, the Lion act decisively in all things; so you may rest assured, the first step shall not be the last."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:30 pm 

Letting a little tension ease as well, Rokuro nodded. "Then I will look forward to the wisdoms gathered by your clan."

Opening his fan, he gazed thoughtfully at the faded fabric, so out of place with his otherwise well kept garments, and added, "I hope that philosophy is one your clan will embrace going forward. We all must judge each other by the present, for it is where we abide."

That includes my clan; and so many who refuse to let go of past disdain for it.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:50 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
''Leading Imperial legions from the deck of a ship in a faraway land would indeed be quite a feat'' he said with a smirk

''I think someone else might enjoy that more then I''

"You know, not everything one does has to revolve around the ocean" Suihime chuckled "but I understand. Let's hope you did not throw away an opportunity for nothing."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm 

''There always are more'' he says with confidence

''I will make them myself if I have to''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:08 pm 

"You always have been a man of confidence" Suihime nodded, taking a sip of tea before continuing "you have stepped into unusual environments such as this one and there has barely been a hint of discomfort."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm 

Susumu glanced towards Mama Miya, and noticed Ryoshida's stare

He kept silent and sipped his tea for a moment

''I guess I am that good'' he chuckled despite a drop of cold sweat on his forehead

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:13 pm 

Seeing the situation seemingly dissolve, Yasuhiro went back to wandering. The Kitsu had likely solved things much more proficiently then he would of been able to. Things might have dissolved to violence if he had approached, he wasn't very good with social interactions.

Glancing around the area, he thought of rejoining the Gaijin from earlier but decided to take another tour of the area first. Perhaps someone else would wish to speak.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
Susumu glanced towards Mama Miya, and noticed Ryoshida's stare

He kept silent and sipped his tea for a moment

''I guess I am that good'' he chuckled despite a drop of cold sweat on his forehead

Suihime peered in the direction that Susumu looked, and also noticed that they were being watched. She looked back at Susumu curiously. "Is there an issue, Susumu-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm 

''I don't think so but my Clan Champion seems to have taken an interest in us...'' he said in a lowered voice

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 pm 

Suzume Rokuro wrote:
"I hope that philosophy is one your clan will embrace going forward. We all must judge each other by the present, for it is where we abide."

“As I said, I am not myself a student of theology,” Keiji replied. “But you may be assured, Magistrate Suzume, that if our Champion commands it, the Lion shall adopt Shintao philosophy swiftly, relentlessly and without mercy in order to achieve a decisive result with maximum efficiency.”

The young officer stood tall with pride at the thought.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:39 pm 

That brought a laugh, hidden behind the fan.

After he composed himself, Rokuro commented, "I'm certain that the zeal of your kin will spark many fascinating conversations in temples about the empire."

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:09 am 

Yuki watched the Sparrow and Keiji from a distance. Marking in his mind to ask the other Kitsu on what had transpired at a later date.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:43 am 

Miya Odorihime wrote:
"I shall find some time for you later this evening then." Odorihime smiled studiously, looking at the length of Haruka's sleeves. "As of now, I have to resume my duties as the host. But if you are not too preoccupied with your own official capacities now I can introduce you to Muhaki Zazu, the esteemed Champion of the Tortoise Clan. He is a connoisseur of finer sides of life, something a Doji may easily relate to." With a polite smile she drew Haruka's gaze toward the man that had just found a tray with a variety of wagashi and was making a virtue of sampling every available kind.

Haruka was fully conscious of the Miya's examinations. After all, you don't grow up Doji and don't learn how to live life under scrutiny - not successfully, anyway. She was also fully conscious of the need to be graceful and gracious with a woman like Odorihime, much in the same way one is with a person holding a weapon.

"Of course, Miya-sama. It would be an honor to make Muhaki-sama's acquaintance."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:43 am 

Odorihime made proper introductions and left Haruka and Zazu in each other's 'good care'. The man stopped eating and looked at the Crane with interest that was devoid of uncomfortable undertones.

"Is it what you usually do, Doji-san? Making sure parties are lawful?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
''I don't think so but my Clan Champion seems to have taken an interest in us...'' he said in a lowered voice

Suihime also lowered her voice. "He is also with my mother. Perhaps that's why he is looking at us? You seem to have impressed, maybe it's the first steps to securing the marriage?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:40 pm 

''We can certainly hope so...'' he switched the hand holding the cup

''But I might have found an interest in you..after all who would'nt?''

His lips curved into a smile

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:35 pm 

"You are too kind" Suihime replied with a polite smile "I'm certain that others would enjoy your company as well. My mother is blessed with a lot of fine samurai gathered here. She will make the correct decisions though."

She sipped her tea.

"What is Gusai-dono like?" She nodded in the direction of the champion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 pm 

''I view him with a degree a fear but even greater respect.'' he said honestly

''He is a brilliant buisnessman that never settles for anything less then excellence and forgoes bravado for efficience''

For the time Suihime knew him, she could likely interpret the last line as He's no fun despiste being sincere with the praise of his champion

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 pm 

Ringo finishes his discussions and hangs back enjoying the party.

/ PM if approached /

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Page 6 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next