Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 8 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm 

The Lion of the party see that a Boar is drawing attention to himself by raising recriminations against late Matsu Dainoku for his alleged mistreatment of his late Champion Batsuda. He is certainly unhappy that his family, the Tsi, have been evicted from West Hub.

[Major Breach being grounds for a challenge to first blood against Heichi Isao, effective D1 or D2]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
"I also find the lack of activity of my captains there disappointing." He gave Susumu another glance. "Perhaps they lose their edge and need to be encouraged to do better." His grimace deepened at the mention of the Tortoise and the Centipede. "What is traded in Fu Gang? Only local products, or is it a transit port as well?"

"It could potentially be a transit port Gusai-dono" Suihime nodded "I noticed a lot of trade in Mekhem goods, however the locals were...less than honest with me. It made the experience rather uncomfortable, as they didn't wish to reveal much to me and were not subtle in hiding information either. I cannot speak for all of your kin Gusai-dono, but Gusai Susumu-san has worked tirelessly with his duties for the Imperial Explorers. The Mantis I have met have seemed to be talented individuals, and a credit to your clan. Forgive me if I have spoken out of turn" she dipped her head in apology.

Wata wrote:
The samurai walked to the Mantis and his Imperial companion, as he heard topics of importance that he thought he could weigh in. "Excuse me, Suihime-sama, Gusai-sama. May I speak on this topic that brings you? I would like to add that Centipede and Tortoise are known Allies, it is not rare to find them cooperating."

There was a frown as the Ronin cut in, and openly used her name in front of the champion. "Thank you for your input, Wata-san" she gave the Ronin a polite nod, rather hoping the champion didn't treat him as badly as she was expecting him to.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:57 pm 

Susumu blood almost froze in his veins as Wata spoke up. One wrong word and the ronin might cut himself from any acceptance in the Mantis

He had daggers in his eye with the very clear meaning of: don't fuck this up

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
"Hmmm. So every wealth that enters Rokugan from outside becomes appropriated by the Emperor or the custodians of his property by default, according to the Imperial Law?" Zazu tapped his hamster-like cheek thoughtfully.

"That is my personal understanding of it, yes. Imperial law is unsettled on this matter." Haruka sounded almost annoyed by that last part.

"It would have to be discussed by the magistrates at our annual gathering and, should the Emperor concur, a law would be set for it." Pausing, Haruka pivoted and asked, "May I ask what prompted your question, Muhaki-san?"

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 pm 

He produced a golden coin with some foreign inscription.

"I found this and didn't know what to do with it. It's clearly foreign, though I don't recognise these funny scribblings on it. Now I at least know it should be in your custody as the nearest representative of the Emerald Office, Doji-san. I weighed it. It is worth one koku."

He extended his plump hand to Haruka.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
He produced a golden coin with some foreign inscription.

"I found this and didn't know what to do with it. It's clearly foreign, though I don't recognise these funny scribblings on it. Now I at least know it should be in your custody as the nearest representative of the Emerald Office, Doji-san. I weighed it. It is worth one koku."

He extended his plump hand to Haruka.

Haruka considered the coin. It wasn't being offered as a gift, per se, and she could always turn it in to Noname-sama.

"A strange looking coin those foreigners have. Ah, if I might ask, where did you find it? I would take possession of it but would like to be able to tell my superiors as much as I could about it."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 pm 

"On the beach, in the sand. It shone in morning sun." Zazu replied with a round smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:00 pm 

Ryoshida listened intently.

"Mekhem. I have heard of distant lands where this culture lives, though whether their trade potential exceeds curios remains to be seen. Perhaps when Susumu finally brings back something tangible I can consider pushing in that direction. I have no doubt he strives to impress, but good impressions is not what I primarily expect of my captains."

He then glanced at Wata with grim scepticism.

"I know the Moshi and the Muhaki are colluding to keep us out of the loop, boy. Tell me something I don't know so I may stop asking myself why I am speaking with a ronin."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
"On the beach, in the sand. It shone in morning sun." Zazu replied with a round smile.

"One could well say you were fated to find it, such was your fortune in having it come to you." Haruka demurred.

It was a reflective action at this point, the refusals. It wasn't a gift, but she just couldn't help herself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 pm 

"Ah, so you think that the Tortoise are as good custodians of foreign currency as the Imperial institutions? But if I didn't understand the intricacies of jurisprudence, by all means take it." Zazu replied.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 pm 

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
Ryoshida listened intently.

"Mekhem. I have heard of distant lands where this culture lives, though whether their trade potential exceeds curios remains to be seen. Perhaps when Susumu finally brings back something tangible I can consider pushing in that direction. I have no doubt he strives to impress, but good impressions is not what I primarily expect of my captains."

"The Empire is moving towards exploring the wider world, either through trade or through the Imperial Explorers. Gaijin items, which many would turn noses up at once upon a time are now being sought after for display and study purposes. I am no expert in trade Gusai-dono, ans I certainly couldn't pretend to know the waves as well as you, but with this age of exploration is there not as much to be made in the journey as there is in the trade?" Suihime asked in a curious tone "not that I would suggest one attempts to profit off the Imperial Explorers, but the Mantis would certainly be the ideal clan to be involved with the Explorers. I hear nothing but wonderful things of your navy, and would love the chance to see the ships at sea with my own eyes."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:11 am 

He contemplated her words, then looked at her with a small smile and eyes opened a little wider.

"Then I will see to it that you will, Miya-san. The First Storm and more."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
"Ah, so you think that the Tortoise are as good custodians of foreign currency as the Imperial institutions? But if I didn't understand the intricacies of jurisprudence, by all means take it." Zazu replied.

"If you insist, Muhaki-sama. I will see to it that it reaches the proper authorities." Haruka conceded, accepting the coin at last.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 am 

Zazu passed the coin without further ado, then looked at the tokkuri on the table.

"A cup? Or you can't on duty, Doji-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am 

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
He contemplated her words, then looked at her with a small smile and eyes opened a little wider.

"Then I will see to it that you will, Miya-san. The First Storm and more."

"Oh?" Suihime looked interested now "I would be honoured to view them. I assume you sailed in on one of the vessels from the First Storm Gusai-dono?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
Zazu passed the coin without further ado, then looked at the tokkuri on the table.

"A cup? Or you can't on duty, Doji-san?"

"As I have said before, Muhaki-sama, I am not here in an official capacity." Haruka pointed out. One drink to meet the demands of politeness should not inhibit her over much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:46 pm 

"Suitengu's Fury is the flagship. You are welcome to come pay me a visit on board."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am 

"Thank you, I may just take you up on that offer" Suihime nodded, quite looking forward to it "I assume it's moored at the port here?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 am 

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
He then glanced at Wata with grim skepticism.

"I know the Moshi and the Muhaki are colluding to keep us out of the loop, boy. Tell me something I don't know so I may stop asking myself why I am speaking with a ronin."

"I am already blessed by being spoken to by someone like yourself, Gusai Ryoshida-sama." If there was something that Wata was, it was polite, and he understood how to treat those of higher place than himself. He was trained as a courtier, and if he worked this well, then maybe Susumu´s petition of him joining the Mantis could become true. The ronin was well aware of the rumors on the champion of the Mantis, of his mood swings, so he kept his calmness and tried to extend it to the Champion as well. "Well, I probably do not know much more on the commercial relations between the Centipede and the Tortoise, but I do know much on the dangers of the situation in which the Tortoise finds itself. It is a young clan, one that may understand the gaijin like only the Mantis do. And now they find themselves with three possible successors." The samurai seemed sure of his words, and then as if it was of little importance went back to his own words, "was it three? or two?" He offered a confident look, as he knew a bit more on the Tortoise than what was expected. "The Mantis support on one or another candidate could be valuable."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:23 am 

"It is. I'll await you."

He replied to Suihime. Wata's words made Ryoshida stop. His gaze went to Zazu who was somewhere behind, conversing with a Doji.

"Be clear. Are you telling me that Saionji and his father are on bad terms?"

Page 8 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next