Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 7 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
Odorihime made proper introductions and left Haruka and Zazu in each other's 'good care'. The man stopped eating and looked at the Crane with interest that was devoid of uncomfortable undertones.

"Is it what you usually do, Doji-san? Making sure parties are lawful?"

"Hardly, Muhaki-sama." Haruka answered with polite deference to Zazu's station, if not necessarily to Zazu himself. "It would be unseemly to seek out situations like that. I was merely here to enjoy the afternoon's company and if these situations occur then I would be remiss not to do something, would you not agree?"

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
''I view him with a degree a fear but even greater respect.'' he said honestly

''He is a brilliant buisnessman that never settles for anything less then excellence and forgoes bravado for efficience''

For the time Suihime knew him, she could likely interpret the last line as He's no fun despiste being sincere with the praise of his champion

Suhime managed to resist a chuckle at Susumu's description. "He sounds like a very intelligent man. I will have to take some time to speak with him, knowing the Champion of the Mantis may become important in the future, ne?" she smiled at him

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 pm 

He raised an eyebrow

''Do you want me to introduce you to him?''

That will be out of the way

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm 

"Oh would you? I can take that opportunity to introduce you to mother as well, as they are both together over there" Suihime places her cup down and nods.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:38 pm 

''A good opportinity always contain some peril'' he says, confident while placing his cup down as well

''Lets go then'' he waited for her cue then lead them to Badmotherfucker-dono

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:49 pm 

"Lead the way" Suihime nodded, falling into step with Susumu her fan drawn and they made their way over to her mother and the Mantis champion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:58 pm 

Odorihime moved away for the time being, but Ryoshida was there, sipping wine from a golden-yellow cup he had brought with himself. Blue, mostly naked people in strange dancing poses were emblazoned on it. He watched the pair as they approached, relaxing his face a little in the process.

"You seem to be a good acquaintance of of Odorihime's daughter, Susumu."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:14 pm 

The younger mantis gave a reverential bow to his champion

''Gusai-ue, I would like to introduce to you Miya Suihime-sama. We have indeed known each other for some time now and I have introduced her to the basis of sailing.''

He stepped on the side but still remained somewhat closer to Suichan

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:21 pm 

"So off-duty, but at work." Zazu smirked. "I don't envy you, Doji-san. Never a moment to relax and think of nicer aspects of life." He took another wagashi and rolled it in his fingers. "But maybe we all are like you, really working when apparently not."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm 

"So we meet, Miya-san." Ryoshida nodded. "Is it true what I've heard, that you sailed to the far north on your own earlier this spring?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:39 pm 

Muhaki Zazu wrote:
"So off-duty, but at work." Zazu smirked. "I don't envy you, Doji-san. Never a moment to relax and think of nicer aspects of life." He took another wagashi and rolled it in his fingers. "But maybe we all are like you, really working when apparently not."

"That is the nature of duty, until the day it is no longer ours to carry out." Haruka noted, before adding, "It may well be that true relaxing and enjoyment of the finer can things can, paradoxically, only be done when we are no longer part of this world."

As to the Tortoise's insinuation that Haruka was merely pretending to not really be working when she really was, the Doji held her tongue. Such truths were annoying enough and best responded to with silence or, as she did, with a sound and small gesture that could mean anything and nothing at the same time. A blatant evasion, but one had to know when to cut their losses.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 pm 

"Apparently as in what appears to the senses of bystanders. I am sure that your mind does not cease mulling legal precedences." Zazu rubbed his nose. "I have a legal question to you. It is known that all land in the Empire belongs to the Emperor. But how about the money, especially that which is coming from abroad?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 am 

Haruka furrowed her brow in thought. On one hand, it was an intriguing legal question. On the other, no one asks intriguing legal questions unless it applied to them in some way.

"Well, it is a well known fact of law that, as you say Muhaki-sama, all land belongs to the Emperor and from there it follows that the fruits of that land and that borne from it are also his to do with. Money, I am told, represents this bounty in a means which is more easily transportable than an amount of rice or ore or livestock." Haruka laid out the basis of her thinking, making sure to throw in a few clauses to distance herself from the unseemly matter of commerce.

"Therefore, since these things have value which can be represented and are owned by the Emperor, it should stand to reason that the Emperor should also own the thing that represents that value - else someone else claim ownership or dictate the value of a thing rightly owned by the throne."

It was a nice, safe, conservative answer. Though with one hitch, it only dealt with internal economics.

"As for the money of others, well, once it should enter Rokugan I imagine it ought to be put into the stewardship of the Emperor or those he appoints, to be used as the Empire needs, as with all other things within our borders."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:01 am 

Suzume Rokuro wrote:
After he composed himself, Rokuro commented, "I'm certain that the zeal of your kin will spark many fascinating conversations in temples about the empire."

"Perhaps so," Keiji allowed. "I'm afraid I will not be a party to these, though; with the Imperial expedition coming up, I shall have to catch up with any such developments once we return."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:12 am 

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
"So we meet, Miya-san." Ryoshida nodded. "Is it true what I've heard, that you sailed to the far north on your own earlier this spring?"

Suihime bowed deeply to the Mantis champion as they approached him. She was ok with Susumu stepping to a side, and gave Ryoshida a polite smile. "Good afternoon Gusai-dono, it is an honour to meet you. I hope you are enjoying the party? My mother knows how to prepare a garden party well, neh?"

She nodded at his question. "This is correct. Moshi-dono believed in my abilites and entrusted me a vessel to sail. I journeyed to Fu Gang, perhaps further than I had intended to on my first solo voyage but it was an enjoyable experience that I look forward to partaking in again. It would certainly be a unique way for a herald to deliver her mail" she chuckled.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am 

Doji Haruka wrote:
Haruka furrowed her brow in thought. On one hand, it was an intriguing legal question. On the other, no one asks intriguing legal questions unless it applied to them in some way.

"Well, it is a well known fact of law that, as you say Muhaki-sama, all land belongs to the Emperor and from there it follows that the fruits of that land and that borne from it are also his to do with. Money, I am told, represents this bounty in a means which is more easily transportable than an amount of rice or ore or livestock." Haruka laid out the basis of her thinking, making sure to throw in a few clauses to distance herself from the unseemly matter of commerce.

"Therefore, since these things have value which can be represented and are owned by the Emperor, it should stand to reason that the Emperor should also own the thing that represents that value - else someone else claim ownership or dictate the value of a thing rightly owned by the throne."

It was a nice, safe, conservative answer. Though with one hitch, it only dealt with internal economics.

"As for the money of others, well, once it should enter Rokugan I imagine it ought to be put into the stewardship of the Emperor or those he appoints, to be used as the Empire needs, as with all other things within our borders."

"Hmmm. So every wealth that enters Rokugan from outside becomes appropriated by the Emperor or the custodians of his property by default, according to the Imperial Law?" Zazu tapped his hamster-like cheek thoughtfully.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 am 

Miya Suihime wrote:
Suihime bowed deeply to the Mantis champion as they approached him. She was ok with Susumu stepping to a side, and gave Ryoshida a polite smile. "Good afternoon Gusai-dono, it is an honour to meet you. I hope you are enjoying the party? My mother knows how to prepare a garden party well, neh?"

She nodded at his question. "This is correct. Moshi-dono believed in my abilites and entrusted me a vessel to sail. I journeyed to Fu Gang, perhaps further than I had intended to on my first solo voyage but it was an enjoyable experience that I look forward to partaking in again. It would certainly be a unique way for a herald to deliver her mail" she chuckled.

He listened with a thoughtful frown. "Your mother knows how to impress, and to deal with whatever comes her way. I assume this is something she's taught you?"

He gestured forth with his foreign-looking cup. "Let's walk. Tell me more about Fu Gang."

He gave Susumu one glance. "You can tag along."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 am 

"My honoured mother has ensured that I learn what is important for one in my position" Suihime replied with a nod, falling into line as the man said to walk with him "I have been blessed to receive her guidance. Ah, Fu Gang is a very interesting place. Homes right on the rivers edge, standing tall with some even higher as you go into the port city. I don't feel like I stayed long enough to get a good feel for the place, nor the residence, although they seemed quite wary around me. I was surprised with who was trading with them more than anything; I half-expected some of your clan, but instead found the Centipede and the Tortoise."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 am 

"I also find the lack of activity of my captains there disappointing." He gave Susumu another glance. "Perhaps they lose their edge and need to be encouraged to do better." His grimace deepened at the mention of the Tortoise and the Centipede. "What is traded in Fu Gang? Only local products, or is it a transit port as well?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am 

Nobody paid attention to a ronin, so Wata, even though he was also an explorer, was able to just walk calmly around the garden without getting much attention towards him. To the few that he talked to, he seemed to cause an impression though.

The samurai walked to the Mantis and his Imperial companion, as he heard topics of importance that he thought he could weigh in. "Excuse me, Suihime-sama, Gusai-sama. May I speak on this topic that brings you? I would like to add that Centipede and Tortoise are known Allies, it is not rare to find them cooperating."

Last edited by Gusai Wataru on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Page 7 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next