Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm 

Susumu had been close but now he was moving in.

''Miya-sama, you know you can't handle alcool as well since you have yet to recover from your accident...perhaps it would be best if you were to retire until your feel better''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm 

Susumu received a smile and a nod of thanks, but she focused back on her brother.

"Let's go Edogawa-san."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 pm 

Edogawa looked from Susumu and Suihime to the cup in his hand, as a great weight settled over him.

"You're right. I'm not the man I used to be. The loss of my crew and my ship still feels fresh." As they began to lead him away, he added, "You are a good man, Susumu-san. You and my sister shine above us all."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:

"Perhaps you are right, in both regards. I've only met Seppun-Sama once after all, and then briefly after all." He paused to take a sip of his sake.

Shifting his eye over the Imperial pair he frowned softly. "The more troublesome by far."

Bellena looked confused for a moment before asking, "I'm not sure I understand this... Is it common on the mainland for people to rush to aid someone who has spoken out against the Emperor and his children? The Seppun girl is stopped when she teases someone too much, but when Hantei Jama's shipwright makes claims against the Emperor... he is shielded from reproof by the Mantis and Imperials?"

She tilted her head, "This seems highly irregular... I was told speaking out against the Emperor was a dire sin on the mainland... Why would people rush to be associated with these comments? It seems, strategically speaking and if they were looking to help him, it would be best for them to let him take his licks and wait and offer support at a later moment so as not to be soiled together with their compatriot... But perhaps I misunderstand the situation."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:55 pm 

As the young girl apologized, the Agasha bowed deeply, more than her station required. She was sincerely accepting the apology.

Hikari's arrival was met with a polite bow as well as she acknowledged her presence. "So it would seem, Seppun-san... perhaps some refreshements would be in order. It seems the excitement of the gathering has exhausted many of us," Utsusemi offered as a polite excuse in case Hikari wished to lead Hinami away for a place where she could compose herself.

Others seemed to have taken hand of the other Imperial who needed a proper lesson in acceptable behaviour. Good, she couldn't be the figurative mother to everyone here.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 pm 

Odorihime closed her fan and called an assistant to report the occurrence to her through whisper. Any other mother might have lost her On upon hearing what kind of blasphemy her son had just committed. She somehow didn't, though it was her perfect paleness of make-up that could be credited for now showing how her jaw tightened. She didn't spare her son another look, in that delicate moment turning toward the Champions beginning their own games with her, and bowed at their remarks with a studied smile.

"My daughter is a delight. It is every mother's hope that a daughter like her won't let naive notions stand in the way of Courtesy and Duty." Her voice was cold. "It is also my hope that my son will find it in himself to end the disturbance he is to this polite company without involving other samurai. He would not have been allowed to be here had I known his deranged state of mind that has brought no credit to my family maintains hold of him. He will be duly punished for concealing that condition. I should stand by Hantei Jama-no-kimi's judgement that his greatest utility is among foreign peasants and planks."

[Edogawa's 2 Ranks of Fame change into 2 Ranks of Infamous (Deranged)]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm 

Anzai would not be alone in making sure this rumour gained momentum beyond this little gathering. Not that anyone would ever be able say that the Kitsu had had anything to do with it. People always remembered someone else telling them first, not the pretty Lion boy.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:21 pm 

The humiliation circle was completed. Out of all people, it was Hikari, the one that came to help her. The one that usually was the troublemaker came here to rescue her. This was too much. Inside her, Hinami, was trying to understand her mistake and how to correct it for the future. But it would seem that most attention went to Hantei Jama's shipwright. The young maiden did not heard what he said, so she didn't knew what he did to gather such attention to himself.

'' So it seems, sister. '' She answered to Hikari's comment. After her apology was accepted by the dragon, Hinami sat once more, completely silent. Her On was neutral.

Of course, she would not submit to shame. She was a Seppun, she will endure this with dignity. She will not give the Clan members the satisfaction of making her leave and see her 'bleeding'. No, her pride refused to let that happen. Tomorrow rumours about her and the imperial families would probably will be spread by their enemies, they are like vultures waiting for a moment of weakness to attack. Inside Hinami's mind the answer to this debacle was clear, track their enemies and destroy them all.

If they dare to spread rumours about today, it means they don't fear them. If they don't fear them it means they don't respect them. If they don't respect them means they don't respect the Emperor. That is unacceptable.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm 

Haruka carefully held her expression neutral. She wasn't expecting to have had to work tonight, but if what she had heard from the whispered talk already making its way around were true...

The Crane could feel the beginnings of a headache starting to form behind her eyes.

Pointedly ignoring the gaijin woman's attempts at rabble-rousing, Haruka strode purposefully over to Odorihime.

"Miya-sama." The Doji greeted her embattled hostess with a bow. She didn't offer assistance, for that would be presumptuous. Haruka merely wanted the Matchmaker and those about to know that the law had arrived.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:28 pm 

Oblivious to the fact her aid was making things worse, Hikari nodded at the dragon's suggestion. "What do you say, sister? I heard our host has provided a dazzling array of offerings in that regard. Given I chose on your behalf the other day, perhaps I should let you make the decision when it comes to refreshment today."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:56 pm 

'' Tea would suffice, about more sweet things I leave that decision to an expert like yourself...'' She said to her sister with a neutral tone. Hinami was still a bit absentminded as she ponders about her recent mistake and implications for the future.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:17 pm 

And so Hikari would go about acquiring tea, ideally with sister in tow so that Hinami could gather her thoughts during the process.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm 

In the corner of the party, a Sparrow was getting perhaps a little too religious. What had been, up to that point, and overwhelmingly technical explanation of law, farming, and other dull topics, had become a religious argument in which he and the Ikoma he had trapped for an hour of painful explanation were now rather heatedly snapping back and forth about the 'proper' interpretation of the Tao.

It was starting to get a little ugly.

"No, Ikoma-san, you don't seem to understand! The Tao is not something which can be picked up and worn as a fashion! It is not to pick and choose for an appearance of piety!"

And that was quite probably the moment Rokuro realized he'd just accused the Lion, up to and including their champion, of insincerity, painting with too broad a brush.

---

Major breach of etiquette

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 pm 

The Tortoise was a natural at this. He deftly sailed through the topics at hand, his knowledge sometimes overwhelming but not enough for his natural charm and charisma to not be able to fix it.

His voice was husky and deep bit with a surprising mellow tone to it; he approached his chosen topics with interest, even making something as uninteresting as harvest quotas into a spun tale ripe with metaphor. For his coup de grace he choose to approach the topic of opium in such a delicate and nonchalant way that people would not even notice that his knowledge might be deeper than expected. He was happy and triumphant, a shark in a blood tide.

He gave a passing glance to the people making a fool out of themselves and concealed a toothy grin. Why were the Rokugani so opposed to having hard liquor in their soirees? Would make them so much better.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:20 pm 

Muhaki Berena wrote:

Bellena looked confused for a moment before asking, "I'm not sure I understand this... Is it common on the mainland for people to rush to aid someone who has spoken out against the Emperor and his children? The Seppun girl is stopped when she teases someone too much, but when Hantei Jama's shipwright makes claims against the Emperor... he is shielded from reproof by the Mantis and Imperials?"

She tilted her head, "This seems highly irregular... I was told speaking out against the Emperor was a dire sin on the mainland... Why would people rush to be associated with these comments? It seems, strategically speaking and if they were looking to help him, it would be best for them to let him take his licks and wait and offer support at a later moment so as not to be soiled together with their compatriot... But perhaps I misunderstand the situation."

"No, you understand it well." Yasuhiro muttered dryly. "This won't end well for him.or those who went to his side in all likelihood." The Matsu fell silent for a few moments. Perhaps he should of stepped forward.

His contemplation was ended by the beginning of another debacle. This one involving his own clan. Offering the gaijin woman a polite smile, he bowed. "My apologies for cutting our conversation short, but it seems I might be needed Muhaki-san."

With that he left, thpugh he didn't immeadetly approach the sparrow, but the Kitsu that was the hughest ranking of his clan here instead. "Kitsu-sama." He greeted the other lion, with a polite bow.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:22 pm 

Bellena nodded, "Of course. Do not let me hold you from doing what you must."

She then tried to observe all that was taking place from her position in the misfit's corner, but it was difficult due to the volume of interesting happenings.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
With that he left, thpugh he didn't immeadetly approach the sparrow, but the Kitsu that was the hughest ranking of his clan here instead. "Kitsu-sama." He greeted the other lion, with a polite bow.

Keiji looked up from his conversation as Yasuhiro addressed him, and turned to return his bow. "Matsu-san," he replied simply.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm 

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
With that he left, though he didn't immediately approach the sparrow, but the Kitsu that was the highest ranking of his clan here instead. "Kitsu-sama." He greeted the other lion, with a polite bow.

Keiji looked up from his conversation as Yasuhiro addressed him, and turned to return his bow. "Matsu-san," he replied simply.

Keiji hadn't exactly been the Lion he had been looking for, but he would do. Dipping his head slightly in the direction of the Sparrow, his face took on a neutral expression. "I was wondering how you would like to proceed Kitsu-sama."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm 

Suihime stopped on the spot as she heard her mothers words. Every part of her wanted to stay with her brother, to comfort him after his stupid mistake...but she couldn't. He was on his own now.

"Susumu-san" she said quietly "please join me for some tea." She gave her brother a look as if to apologise, before giving him a small bow and retreating to get something to drink.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 pm 

There was a subtle nod and a small smile as they left him. Miya Edogawa continued on alone, departing the party.

/exit unless stopped.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Page 4 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next