Page 2 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 pm 

She nodded, "Here on the mainland... It is indeed. Same for you?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 pm 

"I've been to a few." Just people usually gave him a wide berth, for various reasons, thought that part went unsaid. "This is the most recent though."

"How are you liking it?" He asked, his eyes drifting towards the Seppun who seemed to be making some sort of blunder.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm 

"It's a show. A type of performance... interesting to some degree, but also somewhat vexing to those not trained in the art." She replied. "Skills from other similar art forms don't seem to translate well either."

She looked at the Seppun, "Still an interesting exercise in understanding people's abilities."

She turned to look at him again, "My name is Berena by the way. Muhaki Berena."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm 

Susumu was there, of course, but could not help feel contrained by the overly social nature of these little talks. He was a man of action god damn it! Still he needed to make a good impression for Suichan's sake.

Thus he wore his new and highly fashionnable kimono. The fabric was a font of green illustrating a ship with silver threads used for the waves and sails.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 pm 

Edogawa had been beseiged by several questions about the fleet. He answered them carefully, revealing nothing of importance, as he made his way across the garden.

More sake was needed.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:07 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
"It's a show. A type of performance... interesting to some degree, but also somewhat vexing to those not trained in the art." She replied. "Skills from other similar art forms don't seem to translate well either."

She looked at the Seppun, "Still an interesting exercise in understanding people's abilities."

She turned to look at him again, "My name is Berena by the way. Muhaki Berena."

"A performance... That's a good way to put it, the way of the courts that is." One that he wasn't sure he had heard before, but it was rather fitting.

"Indeed... Though I'd have to point out that over emphasizing them can lead to one's undoing." He hoped that didn't prove to be the case for the Seppun though.

He turned back towards the older woman. "I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome" Yasuhiro offered in response, following it up with. "It's nice to make your acquaintance Muhaki-san." A few moments later.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:09 am 

... and Hinami continues demeaning the man that tried to argument against her. Behind her fan, she giggles in a hurtful way. Some around her laugh as well, probably sycophants trying to gain some sort of favor with the daughter of the Seppun daimyo. This only strengthens her bullying.

But others go silent, as her attitude started to become obnoxious.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 am 

She bowed politely at the introduction, "I take it your training is in something other than this type of performance Matsu-san?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 am 

It took a while for Edogawa to understand why so many were following him around, asking him questions. Then Hantei Jama's name came up and the Miya was asked about the prince's ambitions.

What was he looking for at sea? Was the Navy meant just for exploration? Did he oppose his brother's right to rule? Was he seeking his father's approval? Did he hope to ascend to the Throne?

"Prince Jama would continue much of his father's work in preparing the Empire for the future. But, only the Emperor can say who will succeed him. Only his word will make it clear who should rein. Without it, there will always be doubt regarding he wishes. Even his daughter could make a claim as oldest, if she were to return."

The questions stopped immediately and silence surrounded the shipwright. Those around him stared questioningly, wondering if he had been joking or if the sake had confused him. But his voice had been clear and his words had carried a sense of certainty.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:47 am 

Koharu was also about. Dressed primarily in fine sky blue silk she look very much like a typical Crane.

(PM if approached please)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 am 

During his conversations Susumu had been trying to find and move towards Edogawa to find some sense of familiarity but when he found him he noticed something, something important.

The Miya was inebriated while he was still dry as the desert...and seemed to be unacceptable and should be adressed with a good dosing of sake...
An elder daughter?!?! Ah shit.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
She bowed politely at the introduction, "I take it your training is in something other than this type of performance Matsu-san?"

"I'm a bushi by trade Muhaki-san, my primary weapon is the yumi and not words." He paused thoughtfully. "I suppose that makes me a bit out of place here..."

He trailed off as another Imperial took the stage, this time mention something about another heir to the emperor?! A daughter?!

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am 

Hinami didn't heard Edogawa's comment implying that the Son of Heavens had another, eldest, child and daughter. She was too busy giggling as she continued humiliating that poor man. Abusing of her status to continue her campaign to completely erase that man's dignity.

There was no hint of compassion in her...

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 am 

Utsusemi was wondering what was wrong with the current crop of young Imperials as she saw the dishonorable conduct of the Seppun scion... and then everything was made worse by a second Imperial, who was also drunk in a public gathering.

Heavens, what is the world coming to! Is this what you have had to endure without me lately, Ryuden?

Seeing as how the mother of the Miya was present, she would not step in there. Being a mother herself, Utsusemi would not obstruct another mother from handing out rebukes as needed to their offspring. The Seppun girl, on the other hand, needed to be stopped.

As she approached Hinami, her fan closed with a loud snap that spoke of her displeasure. "Seppun-san, that is quite enough. It is becoming unseemly for a young lady."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 am 

"I see." She said as she began to watch the Imperial unraveling.

"It looks as if the authorities in this performance are getting involved, neh?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 am 

Hinami giggle stopped as the dragon closed her fan with that loud crack. The young lady was not pleased, that the dragon got between her and her prey. This was a garden, and a representative of the serpents was here. She turned around and made a slight bow to the dragon mother. The Seppun covered her lips with her fan.

'' Heh, are you implying that somehow I am in the wrong, Agasha Utsusemi-san? I was merely educating that man into proper language. He should be grateful that someone -like me- even bothered to correct his lack of education...'' She said with a dry, haughty tone.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 am 

Muhaki Berena wrote:
"I see." She said as she began to watch the Imperial unraveling.

"It looks as if the authorities in this performance are getting involved, neh?"

"That it does...." He paused for a moment. "I believe I am need of a cup of sake. Would you care for one Muhaki-san?" If things were going to explode like he thought they might, be probably needed a drink in hand.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 am 

The taller woman leveled a calm gaze at the spoiled brat. The kind of look only a mother had mastered; the one that conveyed disappointment and authority.

"Not all are so blessed to have the prestigious schooling as you have been so fortunate to recieve, Seppun-san." Her expression softened into a faint smile, tinged with a hint of melancholy. How horrid it truly was that she needed to remind the daughter of the Seppun daimyo of the nobility and honor of her Family.

"'“True Nobility comes not from being superior to another man, but from being superior to your past”," she spoke in a polite tone, quoting the words of the Little Teacher. "This is not the delightful maiden I met the other day."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 am 

The Kakita moved in from behind the arrogant Seppun and offered the former Doji a supportive nod. She didn't have the position to put the Imperial in her place... by herself.

Carries: Daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:14 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
"That it does...." He paused for a moment. "I believe I am need of a cup of sake. Would you care for one Muhaki-san?" If things were going to explode like he thought they might, be probably needed a drink in hand.

She shook her head, "It would be well for me to be at my best, so I will refrain. But please, go ahead."

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next