Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: The Matchmaker's Garden Party: Central Spot [LA0]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 pm 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Keiji hadn't exactly been the Lion he had been looking for, but he would do. Dipping his head slightly in the direction of the Sparrow, his face took on a neutral expression. "I was wondering how you would like to proceed Kitsu-sama."

The Lion officer cast a careful glance at the Sparrow arguing with the Ikoma, then turned back to Yasuhiro and nodded. "Something has to be done, clearly," he said in a low tone. "Leave it to me."

Squaring his shoulders and approaching Suzume Rokuro, the Kitsu gave the Sparrow a precise bow. "Please forgive me for intruding," he said, in a not-very-apologetic tone. "I am Kitsu Keiji, gunso of the Lion army, and I could not help but overhear your remarks. Yet they seemed strange to me; I cannot imagine anyone would deliberately imply that the religious beliefs of my clan were something 'worn as a fashion statement.' " Keiji frowned at the thought.

"But perhaps you mis-spoke? Perhaps you would be willing to clarify your meaning." The Lion tried to phrase his words to allow Rokuro the opportunity to save face, but his manner made it clear that only certain types of 'clarification' would be deemed acceptable.

--
OOC: oops, thought you were talking about me when referring to 'the Kitsu'! Sorry about that. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 pm 

"You have my attention, Doji-san." Odorihime said after a moment, having seen Suihime doing her bidding. "Is it something you wish to discuss in a calmer place, or here?" Both Champions were at her not-too-distant flanks, and many eyes remained turned on her.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 pm 

Anzai was grateful for his mask, his fan. His eyes watching the whole progression. While it did pain him to see Miya Suihime unable to aid her brother, he simply couldn't let this go.

And then he heard the... Sparrow, was it? Mouthing off to a Lion about religion and who valued what. He was cackling as a mad genius on the inside, but his On was steady.

Oh, please... do go on little Sparrow. Let the loose words flow and bring me more... entertainment.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 pm 

Rokuro, absolute stranger that he was, still knew when he had stepped in it.

His fan was retrieved, tapped against one hand to keep himself from more obvious fidgeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kitsu-san. I am Suzume Rokuro, Sparrow Clan magistrate." Rokuro smiled warmly, his composure recovering quickly, but he also knew that sincerity was a virtue. "One would be ashamed to disown their words, however, indeed, it would be insincere."

Gesturing lightly with the fan, he added, tone inquisitive, "Would you say that the current trends are not at change of path? I was given to understand that the embrace of the Tao was a recent development. As Ikoma-san here was saying, it is a new development, which may be reconsidered in time."

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 pm 

Suzume Rokuro wrote:
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kitsu-san. I am Suzume Rokuro, Sparrow Clan magistrate." Rokuro smiled warmly, his composure recovering quickly, but he also knew that sincerity was a virtue. "One would be ashamed to disown their words, however, indeed, it would be insincere."

Gesturing lightly with the fan, he added, tone inquisitive, "Would you say that the current trends are not at change of path? I was given to understand that the embrace of the Tao was a recent development. As Ikoma-san here was saying, it is a new development, which may be reconsidered in time."

"To take the first step on a new path is an act of courage," Keiji replied carefully, his eyes narrowing slightly. "But to compare the decision of my clan champion to a whim of fashion for the 'appearance of piety' is frankly offensive. One respects sincerity, but surely this is not the meaning you wish to convey. I should like to hear that meaning corrected."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 pm 

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Keiji hadn't exactly been the Lion he had been looking for, but he would do. Dipping his head slightly in the direction of the Sparrow, his face took on a neutral expression. "I was wondering how you would like to proceed Kitsu-sama."

The Lion officer cast a careful glance at the Sparrow arguing with the Ikoma, then turned back to Yasuhiro and nodded. "Something has to be done, clearly," he said in a low tone. "Leave it to me."

This received a small nod from Yasuhiro, and he stayed where he was as Keiji went to confront the Sparrow. His eyes didn't leave the conversation though, not that he would need to step in. He didn't want to know the outcome though.

If the chill aura that surrounded the likely discontent Matsu caused people to give him a even larger berth then usual, it was only natural.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:51 pm 

Miya Suihime wrote:
Suihime stopped on the spot as she heard her mothers words. Every part of her wanted to stay with her brother, to comfort him after his stupid mistake...but she couldn't. He was on his own now.

"Susumu-san" she said quietly "please join me for some tea." She gave her brother a look as if to apologise, before giving him a small bow and retreating to get something to drink.

The Captain slightly clenched his jaw when he saw Edogawa depart. He then turned to Suihime

''Of course Miya-sama''

He followed without a smile but with a burgeonning plan

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 pm 

Suihime waited until Susumu had joined her before raising her fan and quietly saying "I'm sorry" to the man. She hated this, but she had to move on as if it hadn't happened. She got the attention of a servent to bring some tea for herself and Susumu.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 pm 

Susumu silently nodded before picking one of the cup the servant brought. Once the heimin was gone, he blew the steam away and whispered

''We need to talk more privately''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:30 pm 

"This is enough drama for today." Ryosihda remarked in the hearing distance to Haruka, though his sole eye was on Suihime with Susumu. "I am sure I am agreed with."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
Susumu silently nodded before picking one of the cup the servant brought. Once the heimin was gone, he blew the steam away and whispered

''We need to talk more privately''

There was a nod, as Suichan closed her fan to accept the tea. "Not here, later in the evening."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:42 pm 

He gave a slight nod and sipped the brew. Feeling gazes upon him he gave his best to change the subject.

''I saw you try for the 1st Teppodoka Marines this morning, I have to praise you for your effort''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 pm 

Suihime was glad for the change of topic, a nod of thanks at the praise. "Thank you. Sadly, it seems my lack of time spent studying battles ended up being my downfall. Still, I gave it my best efforts. I was surprised not to see you attempt it, I imagine it suits your skills quite well."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:52 pm 

He gave her a grin

''If the representatives of the Lion have failed to adjust to the new tactics as well then I am sure we can forgive those not trained in war.''

One more sip

''I would have loved to participate...but I doubt they would have allowed me to both command the marine corps and run for one of the new vessels.''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:18 am 

Seeing as how the Seppun maiden's sister was here to look after her, Utsusemi bowed to excuse herself from their presence. "Please excuse me, minna-san. I need to see to my fellow kinsmen. May the Fortunes keep both of you young ladies safe."

Bowing once more, she stepped away unless the Seppun required that she stayed.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:41 am 

Miya Odorihime wrote:
"You have my attention, Doji-san." Odorihime said after a moment, having seen Suihime doing her bidding. "Is it something you wish to discuss in a calmer place, or here?" Both Champions were at her not-too-distant flanks, and many eyes remained turned on her.

Haruka glanced around, not because she was nervous but because there was an old adage about how it wasn't enough that justice be present, but that it be seen to be present.

That need had been satisfied. There wasn't a need to cause more disruptions to the order of the evening.

"I thank you for your indulgence, Miya-sama." She began politely and, recognizing a polite hint to handle this more discreetly, followed with, "If you might be able to grant me some of your time when it is more opportune, then the calm would do much to enhance our talk, I think."

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:51 am 

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
"To take the first step on a new path is an act of courage," Keiji replied carefully, his eyes narrowing slightly. "But to compare the decision of my clan champion to a whim of fashion for the 'appearance of piety' is frankly offensive. One respects sincerity, but surely this is not the meaning you wish to convey. I should like to hear that meaning corrected."

How like a Lion to move directly to threats.

With a soft sigh, Rokuro tucked his hands in his sleeves, fussing with them for a moment, allowing the silence to drag on, and then stated, simply, "The Tao is a mine, full of buried wisdom. Some lies near the surface, some buried deep within. If the Lion plan to delve deeply, to truly study, then my impressions would be clearly inaccurate, and I welcome your correction. I will be sure, when next I speak with my peers, to apprise them of the inaccuracy of hearsay."

Fixing the Kitsu with a steady gaze, Rokuro challenged the man to continue to disrespect him, in turn. "After all, the little teacher says that the greatest accomplishment is to overcome our past selves. One simply hopes that the past will not deter the wisdom your champion now seeks. I eagerly anticipate your clan's insights into the Tao."

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:01 am 

Hinami made another bow to the Dragon lady, without saying anything. She has been taught a lesson today in the worst way possible, publicly, there was nothing else to say.

Instead she followed her sister in search for snacks. Slowly walking behind her as her junihitoe cause her movements to become both slower but also graceful.

[OOC]

Open to rp if someone wants.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am 

"I shall find some time for you later this evening then." Odorihime smiled studiously, looking at the length of Haruka's sleeves. "As of now, I have to resume my duties as the host. But if you are not too preoccupied with your own official capacities now I can introduce you to Muhaki Zazu, the esteemed Champion of the Tortoise Clan. He is a connoisseur of finer sides of life, something a Doji may easily relate to." With a polite smile she drew Haruka's gaze toward the man that had just found a tray with a variety of wagashi and was making a virtue of sampling every available kind.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 am 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
He gave her a grin

''If the representatives of the Lion have failed to adjust to the new tactics as well then I am sure we can forgive those not trained in war.''

One more sip

''I would have loved to participate...but I doubt they would have allowed me to both command the marine corps and run for one of the new vessels.''

"I see..." Suihime mused, sipping her tea and remained silent for a few moments before speaking again. "I understand your intention, but I believe you would have been idealy suited to the position, and while it is not a captain position it would have been a position that lead to greater things. You could have one day even lead the Imperial Legions."

Page 5 of 9 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next