Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: D0 LA #17 The Sweet Game of the Tease (Event!)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 pm 

"... No, it's your eyes that sparkle, here, come with me, and I'll show you why." Anzai flipped his fan open as he spoke, much to the delight of the courtier he had spoken with, covering their faces with the fan.

The Rose Whisperer flitted about, speaking to pretty girls, working the main room with the skill of a proper Scorpion.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: D0 LA #17 The Sweet Game of the Tease (Event!)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:09 pm 

There was another playing the game, except he was aiming at the pretty boys. Fan angled to allow his current conversation 'partner' a view of only half his face, the Lynx of the Night was in his element.

" . . . if only you knew . . . perhaps I should show you?"

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm 

"Be careful with this one..." Anzai walked past the lion, smiling behind the fan." He flourished it, standing a bit taller. His eyes glmmered slightly as he observed the blonde hair. "Kitsu-san. It's good to see you." Standing close enough to allow quiet conversation.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 pm 

Yuki tilted his head to one side and allowed his eyes to pan up the handsome features, a spark of recognition coming at the very end.

"Shosuro-san, what a pleasure to see you again."

He purred, angling his fan once again and lowered his voice even further.

"Handsome as always, how long has it been since we last locked . . . eyes?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 pm 

Face obscured by the fan and the mask, fan angled to hide the slight blush. "It has been some time, Kitsu-san." Eyes moving to look at the other man's. Friends since youth, and time at Bayushi together. Not to mention college.

"You've dyed your hair. It looks nice. Different than what I remember. But nice." His words were low as well, only meant for the Lion.

Last edited by Shosuro Anzai on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 pm 

He moved one hand up to brush through his blonde locks.

"An affectation to fit in with my new kin. Not as successful as I first thought, but I have grown to like it. Definitely works for the Crane . . . . boys."

Memories came unbidden, some his own, some Anzai would share, mostly of college.

"How have you been? I would have had you at my wedding, but the guest list was handled by my mother and my wife."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:45 am 

"I expected as such. I've heard rumor the family is growing as well? Congratulations." He let it hang in the air, turning his body slightly so the two young men could watch the party easily. "And I didn't feel forgotten when I learned I wasn't invited. I assumed it was for the best, considering our... closeness as youth."

He smiled to the Lion, eyes averting slightly. "I have been well. More of the same for myself. Sent here on behalf of the Clan. They were pleased enough with my performance at Winter Court." Angling the fan, to hide his laugh. "And I'm very glad to see you, friend. It'll be nice to be on the voyage together."

So many friends from school. And from what his eyes saw, so many tempting chances, to rekindle with old friends and... well.

"Tell me, does your wife know." Very quietly whispered, as he leaned closer. "Scorpion to Scorpion."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:04 am 

With a slight angling of his fan and just as slight lowering of his voice, Yuki made sure his next words were just for Anzai's ears alone.

"She suspects, but she knows it was a marriage of politics. There is no love and very little trust. Instead there is mystery and intrigue."

He smiled.

"And eventually I'll break through the defences of one of those pretty Kitsu boys."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:57 am 

"I suspected as such.." did he mean to lean closer when he said it. There was a slight flush, still thinking back on youth. How his own defenses had been surprisingly, or maybe not so, broken through.

Looking towards the Lynx's eyes. "What is life without intrigue, Kitsu-san..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:33 pm 

"Oh? Intrigue?" the Crane said moving closer and offering those gathered a bow, "Do tell?"

Carries: Daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 pm 

Anzai's eyes went wide as she approached, more so because he had focused so much on Yuki, he forgot his place. His cheeks flushed, looking at Otsuka's face. Her hair. Her eyes. His fan angling to hide the crimson in his cheeks.

"Kakita- san... You're looking as radiant as ever." He composed himself, that arrogance, that swagger returning. Masks upon masks, in order to just keep his On.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 pm 

"Oh, it must be some sort of intrigue to get me a pretty kimono then," she teased playing along, "I cannot say I am opposed. In fact I would welcome more of that sort of intrigue." She opened her fan and let it hide her smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 am 

It wouldn't take me much to want you out... He stopped his thoughts as he looked at Otsuka. Who knew how this would be viewed, how he would look. "Well, you deserve it, certainly." He flashed a smile at her, before another gaze back at Yuki.

Suddenly he was very aware of his situation again, and felt his skin flush. Over eager in his words, between these two.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:53 am 

Oh... He's staring... at my hips... I am not getting introduced to his friend.

"Thank you Shosuro-san," she bowed to the Kitsu, "This one is Kakita Otsuka and your friend is?" She offered him an out though that blush might get worse if the Kitsu answers before he looks up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 am 

"Gomen, Kakita-san." Flustered, he had to fan himself. "This is Kitsu Yuki-san. He and I are, old friends, from back home. He also was at Shining Light with us... he didn't have blonde hair then..." He adjusted the mask out of self-consciousness, looking between the two. Trying not too look to deeply at either of them. Unbidden memories, current wants. He was sure he looked foolish to both of them.

Anzai, you idiot. You're better than this... what's wrong with you!

"She is a yojimbo for the Crane, quite skilled with her sword. She bested one of our... Scorpion delegate yojimbos at Court last winter. A stunning loss, even if only to first blood." He recalled the information, trying exactly to find the right way to phrase the loss. That particular Yogo had played his hand too openly. From what Anzai understood, things had not gone well for him upon return to the homeland.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:09 pm 

The Kitsu was smiling. Apparently seeing Anzai all flustered like this brought back some memories.

Pleasant ones.

Any bows were returned.

"Good afternoon, Kakita-san. Are you enjoying Miya-sama's offerings?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm 

"The sushi is delightfully fresh and the tea of the finest blends," she sighs slightly, "I am sure the sake is excellent as well but as a matter of training I generally abstain until these things are quieting down."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:39 pm 

"Oh the sake is flowing and with it the words."

He may have glanced slightly towards the Miya present at that point. Or was it the Sparrow? Or even that Boar?

"We're right about at the time were things are getting so very interesting. Perhaps Shosuro-san has a few salient points he's observed?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 am 

"And that is why sensei said I should not be the one drinking at parties," she tapped her fan to her chin, "Drinking in the evenings or in the baths is more relaxing anyways." She glances over to make sure no Crane were involved in any serious exchanges of barbs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:28 am 

"R-right. Definitely at the baths." Both of them would be excellent company for sake and baths. Or an evening. The longer gazes on either of them, he definitely had succumbed to what he had tried to put forward.

Breathing inwards in slow, deep breaths, he tried to remain somewhat composed. "Your sensei is wise, Kakita-san. One's faculties should be unimpeded at events like this."

Though lessened inhibitions could be fun, too.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next