Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: D0 LA #TBD - Unnatural Selection
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 am 

Kenzo blinked, but adapted quickly enough, chuckling with gentle humor at her joke. "Of course. And if I've braved the Yobanjin wilds, surely I can handle one garden party. Even if I am a tad under-equipped."

Turning, he gave her a bow; a graceful slide of his feet had taken him another half step away. "It's been a pleasure as always, Utsu-sama." He said. His lips compressed, just for a moment. "Perhaps we'll be able to speak again soon, eh?" His eyes glinted again, watching her.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 am 

A brief but sincere smile was given to him. "I hope we will."

"Though I might ask to see about preparing you better for the next time you might venture into a party like this." She noted that this was probably his most formal attire, and it was lacking very much compared to the standards often expected in a surrounding like this. "If you do not mind, that is."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:45 am 

It seemed the dangerous time had passed, and they could pretend it never happened. If they so chose.

Kenzo's lips quirked. "Of course! I should have come to you first. If you're exploring territory that's new to you, it's really best to consult an expert." He inclined his head. "I shall place myself at your disposal. Although if you can figure out how to make my hair behave..." He shook his head, in mock doubt.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:53 am 

"Well, you could shave your pate and go for the chonmage," she chuckled, "but it would not go well with your rustic charm, I fear."

The fan tapped against her chin as she looked him over once. "I could start small, embellish this outfit with some embroidery."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 am 

Kenzo shook his head. "It wouldn't do to deprive me of my best weapon in this environment, would it? Better keep the hair as it is." His eyes glinted humorously.

"Embroidery?" He echoed. He held out his arms, looking down at his sleeves, bemused. In fact, the kimono, while mostly functional, had solid colors, and was a good fit to his figure. "Hmmm. I'd love to see your work on it. Very well, then. Shall I bring it by tomorrow morning?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 pm 

"If that is suitable for you," she nodded, "who knows, maybe it will come in handy for you in the future?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 pm 

"Hmmm." Kenzo's lips twitched. "I feel it is best to be prepared for the future. I'd certainly regret not having it if it would have come in handy."

"As for the other question..." He looked back to Utsusemi, a touch of a smirk on his lips. "I'm not the best judge. I'd rather try it, and let others judge how it suits me."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm 

"I shall volunteer to be the judge then," she chuckled in return before lifting her fan back up to conceal her smile, creating a more physical representation of that barrier that should be between two people in public.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm 

Kenzo smiled, shifting his gaze away from her, following her cue. "I can think of none I would prefer." He said.

After a few moments, he looked back, his expression courtly polite. "Tomorrow, then, Utsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:32 pm 

"Tomorrow, Kenzo-san," she nodded, the perfect picture of a courtier. "Carry the Fortunes."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 pm 

The return bow was precise and courtly. "Carry the Fortunes, Utsu-sama." Kenzo said.

As he walked away, the quick glance through his lashes and the quirk of his lips fit his rustic charm better than the bow had.

/away!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:50 am 

Watching him leave, with a longing she forced herself to dismiss quickly, Utsusemi was relieved to have her fan to conceal most of the feelings surfacing on her face.

Why is it that he is like the rain on parched dirt... why does it fill me with such grief? she bit her lower lip.

/scene unless anyone want to jump in.

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2