Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Inner Logic (Day 0 Event Topic #10 LA)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:10 am 

Battle, it was really one of the few things Yasuhiro was confident about bringing up in a party like this. He probably wouldn't embarrass himself when talking about it at the very least. It didn't seem to be a very popular topic though, and few seemed to be approaching the young Matsu to chat about it.

Still that didn't deter if, as he moved through the crowd looking for people with a similar interest.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Inner Logic (Day 0 Event Topic #10 LA)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:08 pm 

"Interesting tactics that Seppun Hiraga was using this morning, don't you think?" inquired Kitsu Keiji. "The man has a gift for tactics, and his men are well-trained, but I must confess, I have my doubts about teppo as a weapon. Archers can do everything they do, after all - usually better."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 pm 

"True enough, it's the efficiency of the weapons in the hands of ashigaru that is worrisome though. They can be just as dangerous in the hands of a weak man as they are in the hands of a strong man." Yasuhiro rumbled in reply.

"A bow takes more natural ability, and time spent training." There was a short pause. "Not that im defending teppo, I just try to look at them from all angles."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 am 

"All weapons are dangerous in the hands of an enemy," Keiji agreed. "It does take more time to train good archers, and Seppun-chui has done a splendid job of training his marines. But their lower rate of fire will surely make teppo less deadly than bows on the battlefield."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:56 am 

"Indeed... If I was going to use them at all it would be against heavy infantry. They pierce through armor like it was paper." He paused and took a sip from his cup.

"Bows are my weapon weapon of choice though personally, and I do agree they are better weapons. I just worry about a time when teppo weapons might improve. It's why I've been pondering ways to improve bows."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 pm 

"I'm sure if they could be improved, some weaponsmith would've already done it," Keiji said airily. "After all, a foot soldiers' weapons have scarcely changed since the dawn of the Empire. Swords, spears, bows and such. It's men who improve, not weapons. Equipment make a difference, of course, and there are certain swords of fine quality from the finest smiths - too rare for common soldiers, though. I'd have to say that, ultimately, superior training and discipline are a much greater factor on the battlefield."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:37 am 

"They can be improved, at least to a degree. You've like seen the differences between the Inogana and a gaijin musket after all."

"I'd also say given time a rokugani weaponsmith could make a far greater product then a Gaijin one could. So they are bound to be more deadly when we master their creation."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:46 am 

"I imagine a true artisan could make an excellent teppo," Keiji agreed. "Deadly and accurate. But like an excellent sword, it would be costly and time-consuming for the smith to make. Perhaps such weapons would be reserved for samurai of high status? Who can say. I wonder if armor will need to be strengthened to counter them? I have heard that the Kaiu know the art of crafting armor of unusual strength. Or perhaps lighter armor, and charging the gunner before they can reload would be a better strategy? I tried this tactic against Seppun Hiraga, but did not find success; perhaps we needed to run faster."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm 

"I think a flank attack might be best, or even a cavalry charge." He paused to stroke his goatee thoughtfully. "The weapons are rather unwieldy after all, turning to bring them to bear against a flank charge could be difficult. The cavalry, would solve the problem of gettign to them at speed as well."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]