Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Experience Tranquility [D1, EA]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm 

"That can also backfire," he chuckled. "You must balance fire with ice whilst at Merenae. Be too foolhardy and you will fall prey of a diestro, be too cool headed and you will be considered weak and indecisive and face a similar outcome." he let a sigh heavy with nostalgia and longing. "Merenae is a land of contradictions. It is formed, much like Rokugan, by different regions and although there are no clans, at least not in the shape that exists here, those regions have their own characteristics, sometimes so radical that you'd not be called a fool to think they aren't the same country."

"But in one thing they all coincide. Passion," he took another sip. "A drive so strong to succeed that it has imprinted itself into the blood of every and each citizen of Merenae. A pride of having fought, and won, against superior foes and to have carved their place into the heart of fate," his face maintained his mischievousness and playfulness but his tone seemed more serious. "Do not forget that. Do not think of them or ANY of the others as just dumb gaijin. Learn, learn as they have, opening your mind but maintaining your identity close to your heart. Only then will you be able to survive. To succeed."

"I believe out of the great clans, it will be the Crab and the Scorpion to prove themselves the most successful, although for wildly varying reasons," he chuckled. "I look forward for it," he rose his glass in toast. "For the Empire."

Once his little speech was over he relaxed in his seat, finishing his cup in the process. "I will certainly request you if I happen to be graced as one of the captains of the expedition," he smiled at the man warmly. "You speak the language correctly and I wouldn't find it hard to believe you are open minded. Together with my wife-to-be you could form a decent bulk to act in the Mereneese Kingdom," it dawned on him that he hadn't shared that tidbit. "Oh yes, I seem to have forgotten. I was graced with the hand of one of the gems of the Imperial Families, Miya Eri, a woman of exquisite intelligence and looks, excellent linguist and accomplished duelist."

"Also," he grinned. "It is Don Zabieru and not Señor Muhaki. Don is used to address hidalgos, which would be the equivalent to samurai in Merenae. If you'd call the wrong diestro a Don you'd find yourself in a problematic situation," he laughed. "And unlike the Crane, Mereneese diestros do not have the custom to wait for witnesses or follow an extensive protocol to organize their duels."

----
Lowest mental trait: Perception
Lowest social skill with at least one rank: Tied between Etiquette, Sincerity and Intimidation

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:55 pm 

"It all sounds very
.. What's the term... swashbuckling, to. Quite exciting."
He smiled as he drank from his cup, feeling a bit more relaxed. "And what isn't a land of contradictions, Don Zabieru? And Passion?" He raised an eyebrow, as if questioning the tenet. "Seems that tempers could run red. I think I like that. I can admire a people who bested superiority and won."

They almost sound Scorpion, he mused, smiling a bit more broadly.

"I never assumed them, or other cultures, foolish or stupid. Different, yes. But in those differences, we can find strength. Given the opportunity, I think I'd enjoy visiting Merenae." Raising his glass in return. "For the Empire." It was sincere as he said it, he meant it.

"Congratulations again. An Imperial Wife will be quite the boon to you. Especially with her skills, as you've described. I shall see what Miya-sama has in store for me this evening."

Or rather, to bring forth his own wishes.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 pm 

He smirked at his comment and shrugged as he refilled their cups. "There is certainly truth in that statement but," he chuckled happily. "You will see once we arrive to Merenae."

His comparison to the Scorpion made him think ultimately causing him to shrug. "There are some paralels to draw - most certainly - but," he thought one how to properly frame it. "It is difficult to reduce the whole of Merenae to a simple maxim. The region of Tartessos in the south could be seen as a mix between the Scorpion and the Phoenix, if perhaps the twins had been only one, and a sprinkle of Crane," he chuckled. "It is a rich region, perhaps the richest, with beautiful meadows and farmlands and where the smell of orange flower - azahar - seems to perpetually be in the air mixed with roses and jasmins. Its main city, the ancient capital Qurtuba is commonly name either La Rosaleda (The rose garden) or The City of a 1000 Flowers," his grin grew. "It is also famous for the many diestros that populate its streets, the Thorns of the Rose, hoping to make a name for themselves through steel and have their fazañas sung."

"The region has some of the biggest libraries in Merenae, filled with ancient tomes and lore both new and old; their universities serve are always a buzz with scientific and philosophical discussion," he continued. "Yet all those highlights don't manage to hide a more sinister reputation to the region. A figurative pig shit in the garden," he laughed at his crass joke "The Tartessians are considered sneaky and underhanded by other regions, in particular the western and northern ones, and a reputation as poisoners and assassins seems to hang over the head of many of their cortesanos. Furthermore the fact less reputable places plague their coastal cities and their main noble families seem to be neck deep in those trades doesn't defend them."

He sighed happily, "all in all they're a region as all the others. I personally enjoy it, nothing like a nice fight to get you in the mood for a little," he winked at the man. "Delight afterwards."

He raised his cup at the mention of his bride to be. "I am too meet her afterwards. Let us hope she is all and more the Doom of Bachelors spoke of."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:50 pm 

"I see no reason one would want tondefend themselves from that reputation. Use it to strike fear to your enemies, and remind your allies of what may be." He smiled broadly. The description that Zabieru gave certainly painted a lovely picture. "Maybe one day I will make it to Tartessos. I may fit right in!" A laugh escaped hus lios, not one of condescension but actual joy at the thought.

"Muhaki-san. I believe you and I are of a kind. We may become good amigos during this voyage. And I would not believe Miya-sama to lead you astray. I am sure you will be quite pleased in her selection."

The Scorpion raised his glass again, offering his own toast. "To the delights of marriage."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2