Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Tending Wounds [D1 LM, Kenzo's place - CLOSED]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:51 pm 

Kenzo flushed, a mixture of pleasure and embarrassment. "I suppose it does probably look rather silly, doesn't it?" Still, the smile he shot at her was clearly pleased.

His smile turned charmingly crooked as he rose, crossing the small distance to sit next to her. His arm came around her, gently encouraging her to lean against him. He chuckled softly. "I fear I've been outmaneuvered. Not only did I end up performing the ceremony, but I did it well enough that you never had to step in. I lost sight of my objective, I think." He gave the side of her head a kiss. "Very well played, Utsu-sama." He said, smiling.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:56 pm 

Chuckling, she opened the sleeping robe to wrap it around him as well. Not that it did much.

"Hm, it is hard to outmaneuver an experienced courtier in situations like these, I suppose," she teased and snuggled up next to him for warmth, and comfort. Might as well enjoy it all while it lasted.

"Thank you. For this moment."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 pm 

Kenzo murmured happily as she wrapped the robe around him, enjoying the greater contact. His arm tightened almost protectively around her as she snuggled against him.

"Utsu-sama..." He said, his voice soft. He turned his torso a bit, facing her as best he could without breaking contact, his expression serious. "There is no need to thank me. I've..." He swallowed, "-admired you for quite some time. Very much. I never thought..."

After a moment, he smiled. "I am not a very religious man. But I find myself thanking the Fortunes for this time we have together."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:45 pm 

"And all this time, I never knew," she sighed, "or allowed myself to think of it as a possibility... until yesterday."

Looking up at him, she silently studied his features more closely, seeing him in a different light after all that had just happened.

"I would not say I am particularly devout either, but you are the only one I thank for this... you are the one who made me remember I am still alive."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 pm 

"Mmm. Yes." Kenzo sighed happily. "It seems perhaps we had too narrow an idea of what was possible. A mistake I won't make again, I assure you."

He tilted his head ever so slightly, considering her as she considered him. It was a shifting of categories, from 'friend' to 'lover', a small thing that nevertheless made a large difference. Perhaps. Time would tell.

His deep brown eyes widened, his lips parting at her words. There was no controlling the sudden surge of emotion he felt. It could only be channeled. And so, he leaned forward, his lips finding hers, kissing her tenderly, lingeringly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:04 pm 

Her hand reached up to caress his cheek as they embraced to kiss again, losing herself in the embrace and taste of him, as well as the comforting warmth of his feelings.

For a long time, they stayed that way, kissing and holding eachother, until breaking apart again.

"Hm... as much as I want to stay here, we should probably at least get dressed again and get ready for the day. The Imperial matchmaker has called in all from the party yesterday it seems, so it would probably be unwise to make her wait too long."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 pm 

For a time, Kenzo was able to lose himself entirely in the enjoyment of Utsusemi. The feel of her, the taste of her, the mutual comfort, suffusing his senses.

He sighed wistfully as they parted. He sat back, although he couldn't quite bring himself to reclaim his arm, comfortable as it was around her.

"You may be right. Hmmm. I suppose you are the more responsible one." He smiled a moment. "In fact, I believe I'm expected to meet with the Imperial matchmaker in the early afternoon." His forehead creased, as for the first time since their moment began, thoughts of the future began to intrude on his current happiness.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 pm 

"Call it my habit as a mother," she laughed a little and patted him comfortingly on the good shoulder. "At least let me help you get ready for your meeting, neh?"

A part of her grew a little concerned that he might leave the clan and not be around anymore if he married, but she forced herself to dispel such notions. After all, she was married herself and it was not like they were going to elope or anything. But she would not mind enjoying his company more in the future, if the possibilities presented themselves.

"You would probably want to make a good impression..." her hand moved from his cheek as she let her fingertips smooth out the crease on his forehead.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 pm 

"Mmm. Thank you." He said, still frowning. "Yes, I would accept any help you have to offer. I can't think of any that I would trust to do better at such a meeting, after all."

The frown vanished as her finger traced along his skin, along with the lines in his forehead. Indeed, the tension seemed to vanish from him at her touch. He looked at her, his eyes seeming to sparkle. "Oh yes, I do very much want to make a good impression." His hand came up, catching hers. "But I rather think I make a good impression already, don't you?" Grinning, he kissed the inside of her wrist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

She nibbled on her lower lip as he kissed the inside of her wrist. "Hm, you have made quite the impression, but I'm not the matchmaker." Leaning forward, she placed a kiss on his forehead.

"It's hard to tell what she thinks, but I suppose you will find out soon enough then. Have you... been giving some thought to it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:33 pm 

Kenzo eyes closed, smiling as he felt her lips press against his forehead. "If only." He murmured softly. "I trust you to have my best interests at heart."

Releasing her hand, he spread his fingers, shrugging. "Some. I wish..." He grimaced, although with not quite so much tension as before. "I have high hopes for my career, but as you know, I've really only begun it. The College provided a ladder, but I'm only on the first rung. I worry that a marriage made now, so suddenly, may not be to my advantage."

He gave her a sidelong glance. "I rather hope that I will remain in the Dragon."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm 

"Remaining a Mirumoto should not be impossible," she shrugged slightly, though a little amused at how concerned so many samurai seemed to be about marriage. It made her wonder if Ryuden had gone through something similar when the matchmaker spoke with him and his family.

It took some effort, but she managed to slip out of the sleeping robe they had shared so she could at least start to dress herself. It would be rather cold to help Kenzo dress while she was still undressed.

"Depending on the match, it could be beneficial to your career, you know," Utsu tutted playfully, "do you think my husband has reached so far on his own?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm 

"Urgh..." Kenzo groaned as she rose, one hand trailing down her back after her. He was still smiling, though, as he rose to collect his own clothing.

He stopped, though, at her comment. Smiling, he bowed. "Hardly, Utsu-sama. I may not fully understand all that you do, but I can certainly see the effect." He straightened, sighing. "But... I am not so esteemed as Agasha-sama was when the two of you were married." His lips twisted, his eyes glinting. "I think I can hardly expect to be matched to the equal of you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 pm 

As she begun to dress herself, she looked over to Kenzo, her smile wry but with some of that melancholy it had oft seemed to have.

"He was always a brilliant man, but not well-known outside of the Dragon when we married. Honestly, from what I understood, my clan was mostly interested in his skill with the gaijin powder." She gave a resignated sigh as she looked away again. "It's not difficult to see what I have done; made sure his name was known to the right people, in the right circles... I didn't know it would give him the attention of Hantei-no-kimi, but that is where we are today. Sometimes, you don't know where a path will lead until you follow it."

"But," Utsu looked back at him, then hesitated, "hm... no, it's nothing."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 pm 

Kenzo easily spotted the melancholy, as he had so many times before. The ache it made him feel in his heart seemed especially sharp today, though.

He listened as he dressed, moving slowly, nodding acknowledgement. His kimono slid on comfortably. Where had his obi gone?

His search stopped at her aborted sentence. Kenzo gave her a concerned look. No, that wasn't enough. He crossed to join her, his eyes concerned. "Utsu-sama?" He asked softly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 pm 

She shook her head, looking up from the clothing she was fussing over. "No, it's just... a selfish thought, really."

Smoothing out the wrinkles of her underkimono, her hands clasped around one of his. "I was just thinking that, I would not want you to leave the Dragon either, because then I would probably not hear that laugh again or see that smile again. But... it is just that; a selfish thought. I am already married, and you must do what the Mirumoto ask of you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 pm 

Later, Kenzo would wonder if that was really what she had been about to say. But for the moment, there was no stopping the pleased flush that came to his face.

Smiling, his brought her hand to his lips, kissing it. "I must confess, the mirror of that thought came to me earlier. It is for more than just familiarity and philosophy that I should prefer to remain in the Mirumoto. And the tea ceremony." He joked.

Reaching out, he took her other hand as well, squeezing both gently. "You may be married, and I have my duties." He smiled. "But I have recently revised my assessment of what is possible and what is not. To the extent that it is within my power, I will show you my smile many more times. And I hope to win a similar number from you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm 

"And the tea ceremony," she echoed with a breathy chuckle.

The reassuring squeeze was given in return, and she stole another kiss from his lips. "If you wish, I will do what I can to see your career advanced within the Dragon, though... I don't know if I could persuade the matchmaker from marrying you out of clan. But I believe in you to impress her enough at least to convince her about what is best for you."

"But for now, let's get you ready for your meeting?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 pm 

The kiss, along with the praise, seemed to banish any remaining worry from Kenzo's thoughts. He grinned at her, exhilarated. "That means a great deal to me, Utsu-sama. Well, one thing at a time, eh? We'll see what the matchmaker says."

"As for getting ready..." His smile glinted at her again. A few steps took him to the desk. He knelt down, lifting something from it. Turning, he opened what turned out to be a small courtier's fan, green but otherwise undecorated.

He smiled, his eyebrows going up. "This time, I've arranged to be better armed."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 pm 

"Ah," she clasped a hand over her mouth, holding down a small laugh. "A fan... how clever. She won't see that coming."

Moving over to the desk beside him, she gave the fan a scrutinizing glance. "Hmmm... it is very plain-looking." A manicured finger brushed against her lip in a brief moment of contemplation. "Would you mind if I have it for a moment?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 4 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next