Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Tending Wounds [D1 LM, Kenzo's place - CLOSED]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:09 am 

Kenzo's expression had gone thoughtful. Much of his behavior around Utsusemi, before last night, had been determined by his ideas of what was and was not possible. This was new data. This changed things.

Her comment brought her out of his reverie. He shot her a quick smile. "Perhaps so, Utsu-sama. I know that I have rarely been called responsible. And there's no denying that you have a small number of years on me, I suppose."

Her touch was more cool and professional the second time. Kenzo sighed as he could feel the medicine beginning to take effect, the steady pressure of her hands helping. "Thank you, Utsu-sama." He sighed again.

His thoughtful expression returned as she worked. "Responsibility is something I do respect. But I suppose being the younger one, that means I should be bold, doesn't it?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 am 

The movements of her hands paused slightly, before resuming at a slower pace at first.

"It is common to link boldness with youth, 'tis true," she agreed, the smile coming easily to her face. "But... how bold are you thinking of being? Something like firing guns into the air while yelling?"

The hands moved from the bruise again, picking up some of strips of linen that had been soaked in ointment, knowing that it would make sure that the area did not worsen over the day. If her hands had been colder earlier, the applied strip felt almost like snow against his bare skin, and her fingers were likewise chilled as she applied it.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 am 

Kenzo laughed softly at the comment. "At least that bold. I have a reputation to maintain after all. Apparently." It was easy to laugh with her.

The cold of the strips, combined with the cold of her fingers, made Kenzo hiss in surprise. Almost reflexively, his fingers came up to catch hers. "Utsu-sama!" He said, grinning at her, his eyes wide with exaggerated surprise. "Your fingers are freezing! I don't know if I can take much more of that!" His hands surrounded hers, warming them rapidly.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:31 am 

"Ah!" she yelped in surprise as his hands clasped around hers, as he had caught her unawares. At first it seemed like she was going to apologize for it, then... Utsusemi fixed him with a playful scowl, as if she had seen through some ploy of his.

"Oh, don't be such a child," her voice came out in a breathy laugh. "It's not that cold!"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 am 

Kenzo smiled, his eyes glinting in appreciation. It was always a joy to see her truly enjoying herself.

"Not that cold?" He said, making his tone incredulous. "It's nearly ice. You try it."

His fingers swept out, dipping into the water. They came back up... a moment's hesitation. Her kimono was so fine, as was everything she wore; no doubt it would spot. After a moment he settled on a spot.

"There, how's that?" His cold finger brushed against the inside of her wrist. It was cold only for a moment, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 am 

A sharp intake of breath was the response. "Eep!"

"You... you scoundrel, you," she, rather daintily, slapped the covered bruise, and huffed playfully before allowing herself a small laugh. "You're teasing me..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 am 

Kenzo grunted as she slapped his covered bruise, but it brought a grin to his lips, his eyes seeming to dance with humor. He rose to his feet, joining her as she stood.

"I am." He said impudently, tilting his head up as he looked at her. "And what's more, I shall continue to do so. It's for your own good, really." He nodded, matter-of-fact.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm 

"Oh really?" she gave a playful scoff in reply, looking up at him, though not by much considering there wasn't much difference in height between them. "And what made you reach that expert decision, Kenzo?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 pm 

Just as when she'd gestured with the fan, Utsu's playfulness, as well as her eyes, were a powerful lure. Kenzo stepped closer, his proximity almost tangible.

"Careful study and consideration, of course." He said, his voice softer, but still with that playful tinge. "I cannot be other than what I am."

His expression softened, the smile fading, just a little. "But mostly, right now you look so... happy, Utsu-sama. I find myself wanting to see it again."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm 

Her gaze lowered as she felt her heart skip a beat... at first unsure if she had heard him right, and hesitant to just accept it right away. "I..."

Utsu inhaled deeply before looking back up at him. "... You do make me laugh and forget about my worries. You always have. I'm just," she breathed a chuckle, "at a loss for words, really. Such a scandal, really, that a poet would find no words to say."

"Do I look so miserable otherwise, in your eyes?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:56 pm 

Kenzo's gaze softened further, his brown eyes growing wide. "I am-" He swallowed, "-very glad for that." Her joke brought a smile back to his lips. "No less than I've appreciated your humor, when you've let it show."

"I..." He began, hesitated. "Utsu-sama, in many ways your home has been a sort of refuge to me, when I've needed one. I owe Agasha Ryuden-sama much. But no less do I owe you, for giving me a place when I've had none, where I can feel welcome." His lips pressed together. "And... while I think I had some hint that not all was right, I didn't quite realize until recently how difficult it was for you. The struggle invisible beneath the surface of the water."

Slowly, he reached out, gently taking her hand once more, letting their fingers entwine. "I dare to hope..." His eyes sought hers. "... that I might be your refuge, in some way."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm 

Looking down at their intertwined hands, she took another deep breath. "... Thank you, Kenzo, even if I feel I must apologise, for having caused you worry on my behalf," she squeezed his hand gently, seeking the comfort of that small physical gesture.

"My husband is... no, he's not a unkind man and I cannot say he has treated me cruelly, but things have not been the easiest. It has been lonely," such a relief it felt to say it, to confide it in someone who would touch her with such sincerity and kindness. "I'm sorry... it must have been harder for you."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm 

Kenzo's fingers tightened just a little more in response to that squeeze. The smile he gave her was warm. "You have nothing to apologize for. Not in the least." His voice was soft, but firm despite that.

He listened, understanding flickering in his eyes as she spoke. He shook his head, denying her apology. "Not at all. I think... you hide it well. I admire your deep reserves, Utsu-sama, but surely even they must someday run dry, unless they can somehow be filled again."

With his free hand, he gestured towards the cushions, as he gave her a crooked smile. "If you'd like, we can sit, talk further. I promise to make you smile. Or..." He inclined his head, just a little, his eyes flickering to her lips briefly. "-you don't have to say anything. If you want."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

His words made her feel the heat rising on her skin, as if they were fire and she was dry kindle just waiting for a spark. The part of her that always told her to be the good girl and do good actions, was slowly being drowned out by the overwhelming feelings of want. How long it had been, since someone had expressed a desire for her, or shown it... even the brief comfort she had found some years ago had only sorrowed her more.

And now she felt faced with the chance to either continue to the status quo, or to seize this brief moment of feeling wanted and desired, before a lengthy journey to an unknown destination would postpone any such opportunities presenting themselves again.

Her hand tightened more as she met his gaze, her teeth biting gently on her lips. "You don't need to say anything either, Kenzo," her voice was almost a whisper as her free hand reached up to his face, gently touching his cheek.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

Kenzo could feel his heart hammering in his chest at those words. At that look from her. The feeling of her fingers in his. At the way her teeth pressed into her lips, drawing his eyes. His own lips parted softly in response.

Her hand was warm again, he noted, as it brushed softly against his cheek. His own hand came up, strong, but gentle as it brushed back along her cheekbone, into her lovely white hair.

It was a good thing he didn't have to say anything. For once, Kenzo was entirely speechless.

Slowly, aided by their mutual touch, he guided their lips together. Just as with his touch, he was unhesitating, but his lips were gentle and warm as they pressed against hers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:12 am 

Her eyes closed as their lips locked together, allowing herself to be lost in the sensation of their intimacy as if she had not experienced its like in a lifetime. Even if it was just a momentary reprieve from the cruel world.

Her kiss was not urgent, but tender and yearning for his touch and warmth, and the tips of her nails could be felt as her caressing fingers pushed through his hair.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 am 

Kenzo savored the feeling of her lips, the taste of them, of her. The moment, so long awaited, could not be rushed through. The sensation seemed all the stronger for the feeling of her nails brushing against his scalp, making him feel more more alive. Sharing the moment of the kiss with her, it was as though the rest of the world fell away.

And yet, a moment could not be savored forever. Nor should it be. Kenzo could sense her yearning. He felt his own respond in kind, driving him onward. He was scarcely aware of doing so as he stepped forward, closing the distance, his hand leaving hers to slide around her waist, coming to rest at the small of her back. The kiss deepened, his lips parting as his desire began to grow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:04 pm 

Strange how she had come her to offer tea and to heal his wounds, instead it was more him healing the emotional wounds left over the years, as his arms around her made Utsusemi forget about her burdens at least for the moment.

With her hand freed from his, she could at last wrap both arms around him in a warm embrace with the palm of her hands resting against his shoulders. A part of her had to admit that she enjoyed feeling his physique underneath the clothing.

As their lips parted for a moment, her eyes opened to look at him. "... I don't have any appointments until later in the day," she murmured, unable to hide some of the desire in her voice. "I don't want this moment to pass too soon..."

---

Also forgot to edit this in earlier, which will happen at some point in this scene, either on or off-screen xD
D1 LM Tea Ceremony with Kenzo. TN 15: 7d10o10k3 27

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm 

Kenzo took a deep, shuddering breath as their lips parted. He was always an intense person, driven towards his goals. Now all that intensity was focused on Utsusemi, the heat of it visible in his eyes as they met hers.

But it did not overwhelm him, not yet. Kenzo smiled as she spoke. "Oh, good." He said, his voice rough. His right hand slid down her back, fingers lingering, until it joined his other. "Then we shall make it last as long as possible." He held a moment, looking at her, his eyes bright. She'd never looked so beautiful to him as in that moment.

His hands tightened, pulling her against him, against the firm muscles of his chest. His lips sought hers again, still tender, but with greater intensity. Gently, he began to ease them to the side, a step at a time, to where the futon lay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 pm 

"Don't make promises you cannot keep," she surprisingly managed a small tease, despite the surge of feelings threatening to overcome her, and how much she wanted to bask in the sensation of being wanted, touched, and caressed. And she followed his guidance step for step, like someone thirsty being led to water.

Her hands traced a path down his back to the border that was his obi, lingering there as a couple of fingers slipped in between the nooks of the knot keeping it in place.

It seemed to her that they both knew that the time they had today would not come easily again soon, and she was fully determined to allow herself to enjoy it.

/fading to black

Theme #5Profile

Page 2 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next