Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Tending Wounds [D1 LM, Kenzo's place - CLOSED]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm 

It would perhaps not be surprising that the place Kenzo found a room to stay would be somewhat on the outskirts of the city, closer to the wilderness. It was a flat building, non-descript on the outside. But the inside was warm, with finely polished wood, the panels allowing the sun to cast everything in a pleasant light.

At the moment, though, Kenzo was not especially enjoying it. He sat on his futon, delicately probing at his shoulder with his fingers. He'd spent some time in meditation, but it had come to an end, the concerns of the body returning. The bone seemed to be bruised, and possibly the muscle. He sighed private thanks that the strike had divided its force between the two, rather than falling fully on one or the other.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: Tending Wounds [D1 LM, Kenzo's place - CLOSED]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 pm 

Having seen the unrestrained ferocity of Meikuko, and the strength of the blow that struck Kenzo, Utsusemi was worried that he might be more hurt than he was letting on in the dojo. So after returning to The Wheel for a fresh change of clothing and some tea to calm herself from the morning's silly affair, she had picked up her satchel to go visit Kenzo.

Not that she hadn't seen Sanjuro's apology in the morning, but she did not feel ready to speak with him yet after what had happened the other day. And she wanted to avoid the awkwardness that had happened the last time Kenzo visited The Wheel.

It took some time for her to find the place, but eventually she did; a few knocks on the door. "Sumimasen," she spoke up, "it's Utsusemi."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 pm 

The knocks on the door drew Kenzo's attention immediately, his stride lengthening as he heard the voice.

The door slid open. Kenzo looked as well put together as always, which was moderately, his kimono perhaps a little loose in the neck. He couldn't quite hide the surprise in his eyes, and didn't bother to hide the pleased smile. "Oh, Utsu-sama!" He bowed smoothly, his lips compressing just a little at the pull on his injured muscle.

The room was, in the manner of most Dragon, fairly bare, and kept quite clean, the futon still out, but clearly tidied. The exception being the small table off to the side, a few books, and a number of his paintings on it, including the red raccoon from the other day. There was a kettle next to the larger table in the middle of the room.

"Can I get you some, ah, hot water? I don't often receive visitors here. Or elsewhere." Kenzo said with a wry smile.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm 

She, on the other hand, looked prim and proper in a grey-green kimono, with her hair in place and all. It did cut a contrast to Kenzo's more relaxed appearance.

"Please forgive me for intruding," she murmured politely as she was let in, and she noticed the slight tick from his injury. "... Hot water can wait, no? I mean, you are hurt."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 pm 

"Not at all." He assured her, bowing again.

"Oh, this? It's hardly anything." He tilted his head down to look at it, which made him wince again. He chuckled, shaking his head. "Yes, Akodo-sama did have quite the strike, didn't she? I think it may have been a mistake going after you did. Clearly you just warmed her up." His lips pressed together, the fingers in his right hand clenching.

"Ah... are you well, Utsu-sama?" His eyes flickered up and down. She looked well. His lips curled up just a little.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 pm 

"... Perhaps so," she chuckled a little, "she did not seem very enamored with the Dragon. Certainly not holding back in the dojo either. However it was a reminder of how unskilled I am in martial skills myself..."

Her brow furrowed as she looked him over in return. "Ah, I'm fine, thank you. I'm more concerned about you, though. She did seem to strike you rather hard."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 pm 

Kenzo shook his head at her self-deprecation, but offered no words.

"Yes." Kenzo sighed. "I rather wish you hadn't seen that. Or that I'd given a better showing." He looked at her a moment, silently.

He smiled. "But yes. I think I may have the honor of having received the most solid blow." With his left hand, he made a chopping motion towards his injury. "Right here. I think the bone's not even chipped..." He trailed off doubtfully, frowning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm 

"Recieving the hardest blow from the Akodo heiress is some glory in itself, I'd say," Utsu smiled, trying a little humor.

She raised a hand, moving to touch the area, then hesitated as she did not want to touch him without his permission. "Let me help you, neh? I have some training in the medicinal arts... not as skilled as Ryuden-sama, but I know a little."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:16 pm 

It worked. Kenzo grinned, his eyes lighting in response. "If I tell the story to anyone, that's certainly how I'll tell it."

He blinked, though, as her hand reached towards him, his chin jerking up as his breath caught in his throat. "Oh..." After a moment, he smiled fondly, his mind going back to times he'd visited, and seen the little injuries, carefully tended, that her energetic children sometimes had. "That would be very kind, Utsu-sama. Thank you."

He glanced around. "Ah, should I...?" Would it be easier if he was sitting down? One hand went to the shoulder of his kimono, gripping the fabric there. "And should I..." He looked at her curiously.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 pm 

Her lips pressed together as she caught her own breath for a moment. Focus. Focus!

"Ah, it... would perhaps be best if you sit, yes," she nodded, "probably more comfortable for you, unless it hurts more when you sit. And ah..." her eyes lowered to his hand on his shoulder, "it would be easier that way, yes..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 pm 

Kenzo inclined his head, the corners of his lips curling up just a little. "By all means, then. Let us proceed."

He glanced at the futon, but mentally shook his head. A few steps took him to the table; he knelt on one of the adjacent cushions.

With a quick glance at Utsusemi, he reached up, gently easing his kimono off his shoulder, halfway down his arm. Like many Dragon, Kenzo was a little on the lean side. All the same, he had the tight athleticism of a bushi. The muscles of his arm were more wiry, but his shoulders solid, honed by hours spent climbing. It was currently marred, though, by an already spreading bruise, darkening purple, beginning at the lower edge of his collarbone, and spreading downwards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm 

Trying to easen the tension of the situation, she tutted with a playful smile. "That's not looking too good, Kenzo-san... good thing I did decide to stop by."

Her hands were warm to the touch as she poked gently at the area, feeling around for any sign of broken bones. "Nothing seems to be broken... good... I will see what I can do to alleviate the pain, and help the healing process."

She tried to keep herself mostly focused on the injury, but she would be lying if she said she didn't steal a few glances at the exposed parts of his body.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:08 am 

Under her fingers, Utsusemi would feel Kenzo's muscle briefly tense at her touch, then relax. He winced briefly, taking a deep breath, his chest rising and falling. "That's good to hear." He murmured softly.

In truth, her touch was pleasant, even on his injury. Kenzo's eyes closed briefly. They opened slowly. "The most pain is..." His left hand came up, gently taking hers. His fingers were warm but dry, and surprisingly soft. With a gentle urging, he guided her hand to the spot higher a little lower on his chest, the thick part of the muscle under the bruise. "Right here." He said. He held her hand just a moment longer before letting go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:19 am 

She noticed she was holding her breath as Kenzo guided her hand with his, and her lips pressed pressed together as she managed to exhale slowly through her nose. Silently, she raised her eyes to seek his, even knowing she shouldn't.

"I... see," Utsu managed to reply, struggling a bit to find her voice or move away to get her medicine kit.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 am 

A moment passed before Kenzo looked curiously at her. It may have been a mistake. He'd noticed her eyes before, but never quite at this proximity. The lovely color, the little flecks of blue, that made him want to study them closer, find every last one. His own eyes were a deep brown, warm and dark and alive.

They widened just a little as the connection locked. His breath was audible, his chest still rising and falling steadily. "Utsu-sama..." He said, his voice soft, scarcely more than a whisper.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:48 am 

Colour rose in her cheeks, realising how improper it probably was of her to look at him like this. But she found it hard to look away.

"... Sorry," she whispered in return, feeling embarrased and a little ashamed. "I... I should not look at you so... I just did not see until now how warm and kind your eyes seem to be."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:02 am 

Kenzo, too, was growing flushed, visible down to his exposed chest.

At her words, his eyes widened just a little. He swallowed, as unable as she was to look away. "For my part, I could say that I've never noticed before how easy it is to become lost in a study of your eyes."

His hand came up, grasping hers ever so gently once more. "But that would be a lie. Because I've noticed many times before."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:17 am 

"Kenzo... -san. Thank you..."

She swallowed as well, trying to find her focus, as she knew they were both pressing on dangerous territory. "My apologies... I should see to your injury, as... I don't want you to be hurt," the words meant more, to her at least, than just his current injury. "Please?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 am 

It was with almost a visible effort that Kenzo tore himself away, finally breaking the spell. His eyes slipped down and to the side, lashes lowering. He smiled, as he so often did, his flush and his breathing the only remaining hints that anything was out of the ordinary. His hand, too, released hers, fingers rubbing against themselves as he lowered his hand to his side.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Utsu-sama." He said, his voice grown rough. "I appreciate... what you are doing, very much. Although..." His lips quirked, and he gave her a glance through his lashes. "You haven't ever known me to shy away from something, just because of a little injury, eh?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:34 am 

That he had a stronger will than her, she was grateful for... as she was not sure if she could have found the strength to do so had he not done it. Moving her hands away from him, she brushed both palms against her cheeks as she felt the heat there, and took a deep breath.

"Ah, yes... I know you are not one to shy away from anything," she chuckled breathily, and reached for her medicine kit. "But I suppose that means I need to at least try to be the sensible one. Being the older and responsible person of the two of us, no?"

Opening the kit and taking out the ointment that would help reduce the swelling, at least Utsusemi found the strong scent of the medicinal herbs to help her stay focused on the task at hand as she began to apply it to the bruised area, firmly massaging it into the skin.

"It will hurt a little, but it won't be long."

---

D1 LM Medicine/Int for Kenzo. TN 15: 4d10o10k3 24
D1 LM Wounds healed for Kenzo: 1d10o10 3

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next