Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 5 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Tending Wounds [D1 LM, Kenzo's place - CLOSED]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm 

"Aha." Kenzo laugh. "Rustic charm, a fan, and surprise. Clearly my weapons are multiplying."

Kenzo nodded. In fact, he had thought it looked a little plain. He hadn't been able to find a better one so quickly, though. "Of course." He said. With an easy gesture, he closed the fan and flipped it with his hand. He held it out to her, smiling, his eyebrows raised curiously.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:18 pm 

Accepting it with a grateful nod, she looked over his desk to find brush and ink. "Your obi is underneath your futon, by the way," she pointed out, as if she had known where it was all along when he had been looking for it.

Not that she would need much ink for what she had in mind. The fan was opened again and choosing the backside, as it would be the one Kenzo would look at when he opened it, she wrote out a poem on the fan.

わが形見見つつ偲はせあらたまの年の緒長くわれも思はむ

On a keepsake of me
Gaze and think of me;
Fresh-jewelled as
The years’ long thread
Will my thoughts follow you.

The familiarity of writing poetry on fans, it gave her a good sense of nostalgia from more carefree days as a youth, as her and her fellow students had passed time and messages with such written gestures on paper fans.

---

D1 LM Poetry for Kenzo's fan. 5 raises. TN 40: 10d10o10k4 46

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 am 

The response to the calm authority in her tone was automatic. Kenzo was halfway to the futon before he realized how he usually heard her use it. He slowed a moment, shaking his head with a grin, before he retrieved his obi from where it had been tossed. He cinched it around his waist, managing a bit of an informal rakish twist.

Smiling, he walked back, his steps slowing as he drew closer to Utsusemi. His hand drifted down, fingers brushing gently along her shoulder as he looked to see her work.

Slowly, his smile faded, his lips parting. Kenzo knelt, lowering himself inch by inch, until he was beside her. "It's beautiful, Utsu-sama." He said, his voice grown suddenly rough. He swallowed, pushing past the lump he suddenly found in his throat. He looked at her, his heart in his eyes.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm 

She turned her head to look up at him as he joined her by her side, her own gaze softening as she saw his reaction.

"... It might be one of my better works, now that I reflect on it," Utsu agreed a little bashfully, but grew a little concerned for him "... Are you alright?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:53 pm 

"I think it is." Kenzo said softly, his voice still rough. "It... it's quite affected me." He is silent for a few moment, but his arm slid down to her waist, tightening.

Finally, his lips quirked. "I feel almost greedy. I think very few other people will see this beyond a brief glance." The quirk turned into a smile. "And yet... I think that I like the idea of something for just the two of us."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm 

"When it is just us," she leaned her head against his shoulder as he had pulled her closer, "I don't mind that we can feel a little selfish or greedy, considering moments like this will be rare."

"And even if others only see it as a brief glance, let them wonder. I made it for you, for us."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 pm 

Kenzo sighed, content, his chest rising and falling. "You're right, of course. If we can only steal these moments together from time to time, we should make the most of them."

Her words brought a smile to his face. "I love it, Utsu-sama. Very much."

After a moment, he turned more fully to face her, his other hand drifting down to light on her knee. His eyes were alight, a smile on his lips. "Now I feel as though I should do something for you. But what? I'll have to put all of my intellect to work on the problem."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:26 pm 

"Now, I would say that you have already done much for me, more than I could ask for," she chuckled and pecked his cheek with a soft kiss.

"But I think I know you we'll enough that it wouldn't stop you. Just don't do anything rash or dangerous trying to return the favour. "

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm 

Kenzo's hand came up to brush softly across her cheek, pausing to cup it for a moment. It warmed him so to see her so happy, as it always did. That he was the cause lent an extra thrill to it.

He laughed softly. "You do know me well, indeed." His expression turned a bit more serious, although there was still a little twist to his lips. "But I assure you, I won't do anything foolish." His lips quirked further. "Studying animals requires a lot of patience. I can't tell you how many times I've stared at a hole in the ground, holding my brush until it dried."

His eyes softened. "And I held my desire for you for quite some time, indeed. Believe me, I'll be careful." He smiled. "But I do intend to return the favor, too."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 pm 

"Then I will be patient," she favoured him with a longing gaze, already missing the intimacy shared earlier. "As you have been... it is the least I can be too. How many years was it you had to hide it and hold it back?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 pm 

Kenzo matched her gaze, smiling. "Oh." He breathed. "Don't worry. I'll do my utmost to make sure you don't have to be that patient."

He subsided a bit at her question, his expression going thoughtful. "Hmm! That's a tricky question. Feelings evolve and change over time."

His glance on her grew fond, warm, although it still held the edge of desire, easy now to see. "I remember when I first saw you. It was not long after the birth of your son. I'd just been shown in, and you'd greeted me, very properly, of course. And... then you looked down at him." Kenzo sighed wistfully. "You looked so... so radiant. It was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen." He couldn't remember if Ryuden had even been in the room, then.

He chuckled, giving her a smirk. "But that was just infatuation. I hardly knew you, after all."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm 

She thought back to the moment as well, a little surprised that it had been during their very first meeting that Kenzo had been smitten with her.

Especially since she remembered feeling dreadfully tired after the birth for a long time, though... it had been during a time when she had thought things could only turn for the better. Ryuden had been there too, making the introductions, but he had turned quiet as she tended to often chat a lot more than her husband.

"I'm surprised it was our first meeting that started it for you," Utsu smiled fondly as she thought of the memory. "But I remember it well too. Ah, it really has been a long time, just thinking it about it, it seems like ages ago. Though, I feel a little guilty for not realising your feelings until recently. That you had to carry it all this time."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:48 pm 

Kenzo laughed easily, cheerfully. "No, it was no burden. As I said, it was really just an infatuation for some time. I went off to college after that, there were studies, other concerns." He waved a hand vaguely. "I remembered you from time to time, but not much more than that."

His smile turned fond, if still charmingly crooked. "It was later, when I spent more time in your household, and began to know you. Perhaps that first look put me on this path, but I still had a long way to go." He shrugged. "I couldn't say when it became... something more."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Hm," she nodded thoughtfully, "I can see what you meant earlier, saying feelings change and evolve over time."

As more nostalgia seeped into her memory, she exhaled softly.

"Ah... I really should get properly dressed. All these pleasant distractions and procrastinations."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 am 

For that, Kenzo didn't have anything to say. He just smiled at her, his eyes bright once more.

"Ah. Yes, I suppose." Time both seemed to both too quickly and wonderfully slowly, a strange contradiction to his senses. He raised his eyebrows looking at her. "Can I assist you? I'm afraid I don't have a mirror, though."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:04 am 

"Help me make sure that my seams are not crooked then," she chuckled, "since there is no mirror."

And it would probably draw a few scrutinizing glances if she looked dishevelled when leaving Kenzo's place. Something she felt neither of them could afford. At least her hair should not be a problem to do back to how it was, as she had kept it in a simple bun.

"And I have a feeling you are not completely used to tying a woman's obi."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:29 am 

"Certainly." Kenzo said, narrowing his eyes in careful scrutiny. His eyes softened once, as he forgot his requested task, lost in a more intriguing study. But he, too, was aware of just how important it was to maintain proper appearances. And so he checked thoroughly, nodding his approval.

But then, that comment... Kenzo sputtered, briefly speechless. "Well... yes. I mean, no, not really. Not 'no' experience, but I certainly wouldn't say a lot. That is..." He assumed an expression of wounded dignity. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, Utsu-sama." He said, his lips twitching as he battled a smile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm 

Utsu on the other hand seemed very well-acquainted with the task of both tucking and smoothing out her kimono to achieve that very prim and proper look she always seemed to have. Tying the obi herself as she had earlier in the day, she looked at Kenzo's reaction with a bemused expression.

"Ah, I might have to teach you sometime, you know," she held back a giggle, "not only because I would like to, but... it's a sure way to impress any woman, to help her dress properly."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm 

Kenzo, bringing his reaction further under control, laughed softly. He made his own last few adjustments on his own clothing, tightening and straightening with a practiced hand.

"In that case, I hope that you will." He said, the playful smirk on his lips once more. "In part because you would like me to. But mostly because I want to continue to impress."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm 

Seeing as they were both getting ready to go, she had to fight that wistful feeling rising in her.

"I don't think there will ever be a time you will not continue to impress or surprise, Kenzo," she said before stealing one last kiss from him before they would have to part. "It just seems to come naturally for you."

Theme #5Profile

Page 5 of 6 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next