Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Mamma Miya: The Tethering [Resolutions, LM-EE1]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:11 pm 

Miya Odorihime wrote:
"Shiba Murasaki, the sword prodigy, much after her grandfather Murayasu, who the Resplendant Hantei the Eighth considered her teacher and friend. Your Clan needs to find a way to heal relations with the Phoenix, and it has begun with the recent treaty. This match shall be conducive toward that goal and will meet your superior's approval as her line is well-respected among the Imperial Families. Not many Clan samurai are ever allowed to teach in Seppun dojos, especially no at her young age. And yet there she is, tranquil in her dedication to Bushido, as flawless in her technique as the kensai of your Clan."

Odorihime tilted her head.

"But she outranks you, Kitsu-san, exceeds in pedigree. Would you forsake your own to be her husband, and joint the Clan yours has done so much harm to? Or would you rather bring her into the Lion by striving to advance yourself between the time of your betrothal and the future marriage? I leave this choice to you, as you have already subjected yourself to my judgement."

Keiji's eyes widened slightly, but he kept his voice even and respectful.

"Shiba Murasaki is a swordswoman of excellent reputation," Keiji said. "You honor me with such a favorable match; I am certain my family will be pleased by this arrangement." He bowed politely.

"If it would not be too forward of me, is it permitted for me to contact Shiba-san before the great voyage?" he inquired delicately. "A chaperone, yourself or someone you trusted, would be appropriate, of course."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm 

Odorihime simply nodded.

"I would even call it advisable, Kitsu-san. Kitsu Yuki and Agasha Utsusemi are two chaperones I have named for such purposes, please contact one of them. For now, you're dismissed."

/scene

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 pm 

[Ran, LM2]

Odorihime needed a moment to overcome repulsion. Dealing with ronin, and a one with complexion so stained by unnatural spottiness that made her think of the dreaded foxpox, filled her with abhorrence. Duty and Courtesy, however, were foremost.

"So... girl. I would not have expected to be matching a wave woman but one does not simply ignore a good word from a future Lion Champion. You must understand though that my options with regard to you are limited. It would reflect poorly on the dignity of my office if I burdened any respectable Rokugani family with random outcasts."

She sighed ever so gently.

"Still, it looks like Lady Amaterasu has smiled on me today." A glance at the freckles. "And her gaze seems to be sweeping across you quite often as well. I do have a bachelor in my roster just for you. Admittedly, one Gusai Wataru entered my list just yesterday when he stopped to be a waveman. He was offered fealty by Gusai Ryoshida for reasons better left to be explained by Gusai Ryoshida, but it makes him both like you and a bit ahead of you, so the match won't be a transgression."

Odorihime paused, steepling fingers.

"Whereas I have little personal curiosity about it, the consideration Akodo Meikuko has shown you compels me to add a clause to the arrangement. It is not a foregone conclusion that of the two underdogs you are the worthier one. Hence, I won't make a firm call about your obligation to join the Mantis. If in the time between now and the day of your marriage you'll manage to become more accomplished than him through joining another Clan and advancing among its ranks, it is him who will come to wear your colours. There is something about ronin being able to shape their own destiny, isn't there?"

[As of LM2, Gusai Wataru and Ran are betrothed; Ran joining the Mantis is not a foregone conclusion.]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm 

She felt the gaze of the matchmaker sweeping across her, the woman's eyes leaving scratches and welts like a prickly pear cactus.

"Yes, Miya-sama." I am a burden, Miya-sama, yes I know. It doesn't matter who I used to be, it's who I am now that counts for anything.

"I... Gusai Wataru-sama?!" Ran was clearly surprised, evident on her freckled features as her dark eyebrows skyrocketed, threatening to come right off her forehead.
"Thank you, Miya-sama. Lady Amatersu is kind, as is Akodo-sama. I am thankful for the opportunity and arrangement. Thank you."

Ran bowed very deep and respectably to the Miya, again hinting that she had once been something other than ronin, that she had once been respectable, that she'd had a mundane future, instead of the course she was on now. A course the matchmaker had just significantly altered. But it could be a blessing.

She exited.

/scene

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4