Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Mamma Miya: The Tethering [Resolutions, LM-EE1]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:45 am 

[Until further notice all of Hikari's VIP expenditures count as half. In addition, all Seppun PCs immediately lose 10 VIP]

After Hikari stormed out, a cute ragamuffin clung to her legs and purred sweetly, begging to be taken on hands. He may have been someone's, or a resident of the zoo, but he behaved as if Hikari was the person that had given him exquisite chopped liver just this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 am 

Holding back her feelings of anger, resentment, and fear, Hikari looked down at the cat.

Maybe a cute cat was exactly what she needed right now to lift her spirits somewhat.

So she picked it up and looked it in the eyes.

"Well..." she swallowed something back. "Who are you then?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:08 am 

The cat didn't reply of course, except for a purry 'meow' as it stretched in her arms, but his green gaze with a light sheen was clearly conveying the message that he was her favourite Mr. Cuddles he had somehow forgotten to adopt earlier. He was very warm and very fluffy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 am 

"Well, I guess you're coming with me then."

With strange fluffy cat in arms, pressed up against; coincidentally against the jade necklace she was wearing just in case any unscrupulous monsters were trying to take advantage of the cute cat form; she headed out. Thinking of names.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:16 am 

I too like taffies. The cat thought, snuggling up to purr a subtle feline melody to her ear.

/scene

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:16 am 

[Haruka, Late Morning]

[Act #4: Sworn Enemy activated]

Odorihime watched Haruka with a slightly tilted head. There was an indescribable glint in her eyes when she finally spoke.

"You've conducted yourself impeccably today, Doji-san. It's been a while since I witnessed any of your family to do as much credit to Lady Doji's heritage as you've just done. In this context, I shall not consider your request of your blood being joined with the Imperial one presumptuous. It's been the proper way ever since the First Hantei and his son, the Shining Prince. It is not an accident that the the Imperial Chancellor has taken the name of the second Empress as her own."

Odorihime paused.

"We spoke yesterday over a sensitive matter. You are well-aware that the matter of Jama-no-kimi's matrimony is a complicated one. As the Imperial Matchmaker I have to prepare for as many eventualities as possible for this single match that may define my legacy. Hence, being rewarded by Fortunes with someone like you to decide on how you'll serve the Empire as a woman, I feel compelled to decree this: if Doji Tsugiko perishes, fails or otherwise renders herself ineligible in the eyes of the Prince, I will recommend to him for you to take her place. If it ever occurs, and whether this will render you the next Empress or a mother to a new cadet line, remains to be seen. If it does not, I will find you a dignified husband among the Otomo. Thus, your fate shall not be sealed today, in anticipation of a greater role you may still play."

[Doji Tsugiko becomes Haruka's Sworn Enemy if she ever learns about this.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 am 

It took every inch of Haruka's resolve not to break her composure at Odorihime's judgement. She was a Miya by name, but Haruka definitely knew now that she was an Otomo at heart; only they would offer such a poisoned wagashi with a smile on their face and expect you to thank them for it.

"Your decision will bring my family much honor, Miya-sama." Haruka began, her words steady despite the turmoil within her heart. "I will do my utmost to live according to Lady Doji's heritage, as it is what has brought us here now."

Now, Haruka did consider the ramifications of walking into the ocean rather than having to commit an ultimate act of betrayal against her friend and lady. But there was still a way out, to sail a narrow channel that may yet avoid tragedy. It was to that hope that Haruka clung and what anchored her feelings even as she bowed in polite appreciation for Odorihime's inspired matchmaking.

"Testimony in place of evidence has been one of the finest examples of our long-term social engineering."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 pm 

"I have never had any doubt that an exemplary Doji like you would do her utmost in this regard."

With that, Odorihime ended the meeting.

/scene

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:24 pm 

[Akarei, EE]

Odorihime was tired by the day's proceedings, and observed the masked Yogo with a very natural indifference as opposed to the studied one. When she finally spoke, it was without an effort to weave her words into a cunning narrative. At least not like in some other cases.

"Duty, mission, vision... against living a cursed life and dealing with injustice, however defined. This is the picture you have painted for me, Yogo-san, and it is not off-the-mark when juxtaposed with what I had thought of you before you first came here. It so happens that I have a husband for you that is as much dutiful and defiant in the face of his adversities as you are. A man both seeking breakthroughs and sentimental about the old ways. It is my supposition that you may achieve together what you won't achieve separately."

She paused.

"You'll be married into the Suzume, to the daimyo's nephew Rokuro. This will strengthen the ties between your Clans, now in question because of displeasures between the Scorpion and the Crab. You must realise that your morbid fascination in your own spiritual condition need not be shared with others, and you can still make the best of the life I now give you without advertising it to your new family. I have a sense that your husband will be understanding of it, he has profound stoicism in him that will help him weather both the fact that his children will carry this condition and that the process of securing them will be a dutiful exception for you rather than the rule in your romantic leanings. He may not be a Crane wife, bu he's as close I can give you."

She tilted her head.

"Besides, their blood has exuded a strange tendency to produce albinos. It is my professional curiosity what kind of colouration will result from this match."

[As of EE1, Yogo Akarei and Suzume Rokuro are betrothed; Akarei will marry into the Sparrow.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 pm 

Perhaps on any other day, Akarei would have protested the choice. A Minor Clan was certainly not where she wanted to be imposed. But there was a finality to the matchmaker's words that put the priestess in her place. That and the mention of her fascination with the Doji.

"W-what?" She lowered her head to conceal her blushing. "I, um. Thank you, Miya-sama."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 pm 

"I am sure you'll make the best out of your new situation. You can go and meet your betrothed. He still should be somewhere around."

With that, Akarei was dismissed.

/scene

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 pm 

[Keiji, LA]

"...You certainly need a lesson in humility, Kitsu-san. But perhaps not in a harsh way, by an example that will humble you to the point of self-reflection. There's a maiden that has long been under my disposal but I have not betrothed her for lack of a suitable candidate. You're not one I had initially envisaged for her, but sometimes a shift of mindset is good for the outcome."

She tapped the table.

"Shiba Murasaki, the sword prodigy, much after her grandfather Murayasu, who the Resplendant Hantei the Eighth considered her teacher and friend. Your Clan needs to find a way to heal relations with the Phoenix, and it has begun with the recent treaty. This match shall be conducive toward that goal and will meet your superior's approval as her line is well-respected among the Imperial Families. Not many Clan samurai are ever allowed to teach in Seppun dojos, especially no at her young age. And yet there she is, tranquil in her dedication to Bushido, as flawless in her technique as the kensai of your Clan."

Odorihime tilted her head.

"But she outranks you, Kitsu-san, exceeds in pedigree. Would you forsake your own to be her husband, and joint the Clan yours has done so much harm to? Or would you rather bring her into the Lion by striving to advance yourself between the time of your betrothal and the future marriage? I leave this choice to you, as you have already subjected yourself to my judgement."

[As of LA1 Kitsu Keiji and Shiba Murasaki are now betrothed; who will marry in is yet to be decided]

---

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:59 pm 

[Yasuhiro, LA]

"I wonder what she has seen in you, Matsu-san. Lion-ness, I suppose. Though it befuddles me why she's travelled all the way down here to single out a footman like tens of thousands of those she has at home. The only logical explanation seems to be that there is something special in you, Matsu-san, that eludes my judgement. Very unlikely, but perhaps not impossible."

Odorihime sighed.

"In a sense, her distaste for political arrangements should make it easier for me, but neither your demeanour nor your reputation are particularly compelling to overlook the differences in pedigree between you and her. And yet, Matsu Dainoku's seppuku on your Champion's request may have strained again the turbulent ties between both families. Perhaps it requires an ordinary Matsu like you to foster unity..."

A moment after contemplative face was gone and the decisive came up.

"I'll reserve you for her, Matsu-san. On this voyage you are going, do seek ways to become more than you are. If after your return to Rokugan her mind remains unchanged on you, then I'll betroth you to your future Champion."

[Banking Yasuhiro's 70 VIP to secure this match for the future.]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 am 

DON"T YOU TALK TO MY YASU LIKE THAT B$&@H!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RAISE A SON DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN DISPARAGE MY GRANDSON! The scream rang through Yasuhiro's ears, and he just barely managed to keep from cringing. We'll show her you're plenty special, won't we Yasu! His grandmother's grumbling continued after that, but the young Lion tried not to pay it any mind as he came to terms with the the announcement.

"I'll do my utmost." He offered at last, it was a simple statement, but there was a firmness to his tone, that was hard to ignore. That was followed by a bow to the matchmaker, as he waited to be dismissed.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 am 

"See that you do."

Odorihime replied with a hardly unfriendly nod of dismissal.

/scene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 am 

[Kajima, EA]

[Act #4: Secret Love, activate!]

Odorihime did not look pleased.

"...This is a fascinating tale, Ichiro-san, almost of Sparrow quality. Despite it's touchiness I have some bad news for you I need to broach with urgency. Your woes with Yasuki Izanagi might not end by building distance. In a letter from the Jade Office I received just this morning it is stated that your disgruntled friend was perhaps so savage because he turned that way. He's been suffering from a strange condition."

Odorihime tensed.

"While I won't presume 'how' contagious that is, I will ask you to leave now and report to the Jade Office for inspection. I will not betroth you today, nor any other day until reassurances are provided by the Jade Office that you pose no threat to the life and health of anyone I'd pair you with. You're encouraged to leave."

Odorihime's voice turned dry.

[Kajima acquires 0.5 Infamy (Infected)]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:46 am 

There was no shock on his face as she uttered those words. He had been used to him ruining such plans of his; this was just another step in that regard.

His large body stands up slowly, ensuring that his height and build would be apparent. Intimidating. Showing his stature to such a weak and frail woman who had such control. A glare upon his face appeared. She wasted his time by being here, toying with this song and dance all for nothing. The more repressed half of his Ichiro bloodline was starting to show; the Yasuki ruining his fate once more. For Izanagi's sake, whatever it is he had caught better be real and well after his gempukku.

His face began to calm as he composed himself and gave a smile to his host, seeing thru the formal end of the meeting as he was taught.

"Thank you for your time, Miya-sama." His voice is cold in reply to the Miya's encouragement to leave.

/scene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 am 

[Koharu, Late Afternoon]

Odorihime was thoughful.

"If this is the particular match you want, there are complications. While politically sound on superficial glance, it brings in the question of how many Doji can be given to a certain Dragon bloodline, which also does not seem to be aligning its profile with the interests of your Champion. Sanjuro's brother is a progressive thinker and teacher associated with the Imperial Naval College."

She looked at the little Doji more inquisitively.

"I realise there's more to that than a political calculation on your part. In turn, you have to realise the amount of political capital it requires to bring about this controversial union, especially if the Agasha daimyo turns uncooperative. I don't know if you've gathered enough of it by displaying artistry. Probably not. Am I mistaken?"

[110 VIP to make the match with Sanjuro happen]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am 

Koharu took a deep breath, steadying her thoughts. Do you just want to marry me off to tick a box? The thought was pushed away, though Odorihime was hardly being helpful. Looking up she smiled politely. "Perhaps when I have had some time to prove myself in my new duties once they begin." It was a fair point she thought. Expecting an artist within the Explorers to have that much political capital, alone, when the Explorers had not yet even done anything was a bit much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:12 pm 

"I can agree to that, seeing the sincerity of your commitment. The matter of your betrothal will be approached more gradually then, letting you acquire your pull for the time the matter can be raised again." Odorihime nodded slowly.

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next