Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Mamma Miya: The Tethering [Resolutions, LM-EE1]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 pm 

[Kaiya, Early Afternoon]

Odorihime asked Sakia to be removed from the room. Then she began speaking quietly.

"My message for you can be unidirectional, so your ersatz capacity to speak is not necessary here. You are a curious girl, Seppun-san. Seemingly insignificant, but the interests of the great find their nexus in you. Hantei Jama, Seppun Kentoshi, Doji Tanaka, Kakita Wayozu... and by a whim of fate, also my son. I will not insult you by dismissing your dedication to him, or his to you. Had he not been foolish, I may have taken the risk of binding your curious fate with his. But we are where we are."

She paused.

"During our last meeting he had one request, for me to make my utmost to keep you safe. And I may have found a solution to do just that and more, all the while meeting Imperial interests. Since I have betrothed my daughter to the Mantis Champion, Edogawa's Mantis friend is now in a peculiar situation. It is not in the interest of Prince Jama for Susumu to mar the First Voyage with any rash actions. I put faith in you to prevent it, or delay it. I intend to betroth you to him. Whatever solution he, Edogawa and you will adopt between one another is of lesser interest to me, as it may be for all others in the Empire if you manage to convince both of them to show patience and restraint."

She looked the girl in the eyes.

"If this is something you consent to, nod. If you want me to tie you to someone away of both, shake your head."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm 

[Zabieru, Late Morning]

Odorihime observed the man cautiously for a time, studying his gaijin features. He could feel she was mulling something, and there was something contrarian rising in her gaze. Finally, she nodded.

"So you dream of an Imperial spouse, Muhaki-san. Perhaps I have someone for you. She is a passionate linguist, probably the best my family has, and a one that to my best knowledge speaks the language you were born to with great fluency. She is also a duellist of no small skill, and as you may have already learned iaijutsu is the way we settle disputes of law and honour in Rokugan. Her body is quite frail, however, ever since she was affected by the same sickness that almost cost the life of Hantei Hohiro-no-kimi. And yet there is greatness in that porcelain form and if there is someone who can turn you into a proper subject of the Emperor rather than just a foreign opportunist, it is her."

She paused.

"I am not in full agreement with myself offering you the gem she is, for many better than you would go on musha shugyo to earn her hand in marriage. So I'll do so only on two conditions. First, if you ever mistreat her or bring her sorrow by your indiscretions and follies, you will be found and you will be punished. Second, by taking an Imperial spouse you are aligning yourself firmly with the Emerald Throne. All your other loyalties must come secondary, else she will be the first to dispatch you. The Imperial Families suffer no double dealers."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm 

A small smile surfaced "I guess there is no sense keeping the charade here anymore, is there?" he took a small sip from his tea, his mind considering the matchmaker's offer. He finally set his cup, his eyes observing, admiring, the woman before him. "The tales I heard of Miya-sama pale to the reality, I am glad I came to this city. I will accept."

"Miya-sama need not to worry with any sort of harm coming from me or my actions," he continued. "The place I come from places family and blood above anything else and once I am bound to her, she will be my blood by extension as will her family," he sighed and took his cup again. "My brothers and I made a decision a long time ago. That we would serve our father's homeland as if it were our own homeland. No. It IS our homeland."

"This is why I stand here, in front of the Imperial Matchmaker, as a samurai hoping to attain one of the captain positions in the First Journey. Because I believe in this land. Because I wish it the best. My loyalty is here."

He lowered his head in gratitude, "I thank you for the trust Miya-sama has placed on me. I shall treasure the gem she has gifted me."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 pm 

She finally nodded.

"Then go out to the gardens and find her by the giraffe. Her name is Miya Eri."

/scene

[As of LM1 Muhaki Zabieru and Miya Eri are betrothed; Eri will marry into the Tortoise.]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm 

[Hinami, Early Evening]

Odorihime had the ability to be like a statue for prolonged periods of time. She had been using this ability for a while, observing how Hinami had pleaded.

"...Very well, Seppun-san. I will exempt you and take the displeasure of your father on myself as well as prevent word from spreading that you are somehow unfit to fulfil the duties of matrimony. With your birthright and position, it won't be easy, and you will owe me a lot for indulging you with this escape from responsibility. The world is not keen on understanding that your commitment to defend the Emperor and the Imperial Families stands in contradiction with furthering one of those families."

She paused to stand and walk to the door. There she banished all on the other side and returned to her seat. Her lips thinned grimly.

"And yet, we both know the teachings of Otomo. In that sanctified mission of protecting the Throne nothing is dishonourable. I have the task for you matching your fervent belief in it. Somewhere out there, in foreign lands, there is a young woman. She probably consorts with a gaijin noble. Find her and dispose of her without leaving a trace of your involvement. If she has progeny, dispose of it too. If she is not where Hantei-no-kimi is going, press on by yourself or by people in your employ. She must be found and her death ascertained."

She looked at Hinami with some scepticism.

"Unless it is another thing you cannot stomach."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 pm 

Hinami's On returned after her plead. She took out her fan both as a sign of displeasure and as a way to cover her lips and whisper.

'' You insult me, Miya-sama. '' She whispered. '' I said that I will do anything for the sake of Hantei's-no-kami legacy, anything. Samurai always do what they say. '' Her determination was like the ring of earth.

'' If there is something, or someone, that pose a threat to the throne I will destroy it. If people use sedition to weaken the Son of Heavens I will cut their tongues. The rule of Hantei is absolute.'' She said. '' Wherever this woman is, she can be considered already dead. ''

'' In difficulty lies oportunity. '' She recited the Otomo family words.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:31 pm 

Odorihime withheld the urge to point out again to Hinami how eschewing marriage was a failure of Duty, discerning that the point wouldn't come across.

"Then you have a task carved out for you. Her name is Katarina. Her likely consort's name is Hosei Arumeriya ii Pabo."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 pm 

Kata.. Hosui i pa... what?... Gaijin and their barbaric languages... Hinami thought as Odorihime told her about her target. In any case, she has names and a task to be done.

'' Then I do not wish to waste your time anymore, Miya-sama. I'm sure you have more pressing matters to discuss with other people. '' She bowed. This conversation never happened in Hinami's mind. '' With your permission. Might you carry the fortunes, Miya Odorihime-sama'' She bowed again, this time lower.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm 

"Remain in Amaterasu's glory."

Hinami was dismissed.

/scene

[Hinami acquires 6-Point Obligation]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:02 am 

Miya Odorihime wrote:
[Kaiya, Early Afternoon]

Odorihime asked Sakia to be removed from the room. Then she began speaking quietly.

"My message for you can be unidirectional, so your ersatz capacity to speak is not necessary here. You are a curious girl, Seppun-san. Seemingly insignificant, but the interests of the great find their nexus in you. Hantei Jama, Seppun Kentoshi, Doji Tanaka, Kakita Wayozu... and by a whim of fate, also my son. I will not insult you by dismissing your dedication to him, or his to you. Had he not been foolish, I may have taken the risk of binding your curious fate with his. But we are where we are."

She paused.

"During our last meeting he had one request, for me to make my utmost to keep you safe. And I may have found a solution to do just that and more, all the while meeting Imperial interests. Since I have betrothed my daughter to the Mantis Champion, Edogawa's Mantis friend is now in a peculiar situation. It is not in the interest of Prince Jama for Susumu to mar the First Voyage with any rash actions. I put faith in you to prevent it, or delay it. I intend to betroth you to him. Whatever solution he, Edogawa and you will adopt between one another is of lesser interest to me, as it may be for all others in the Empire if you manage to convince both of them to show patience and restraint."

She looked the girl in the eyes.

"If this is something you consent to, nod. If you want me to tie you to someone away of both, shake your head."

It was a large decision but she needed to think neither long or hard on this answer.

Kaiya nodded, and immediately began thinking on her plans.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am 

Odorihime nodded, her grip on the fan slightly relaxing.

"Then hurry to find and appease your disgruntled betrothed. Hotei's blessing for you with that, and all that follows."

With that, she was dismissed.

/scene

[as of EA1 Gusai Susumu and Seppun Kaiya are betrothed. Susumu has the option to spend VIP to acquire Imperial Spouse Advantage.]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 am 

[Anzai, Early Evening]

"Is it what you truly want, Shosuro-san?"

Odorihime watched a young Scorpion with concealed reproof. The boy had enough pull to advance his family far more than a straying Kakita girl. Sentiments carried over from colleges were a relatively new phenomenon in Odorihime's line of work and she didn't have a definite judgement on their advisability. Still, she didn't have any firm reason to deny the boy his request. A Crane-Scorpion match was in line with recent political trends and it secured an otherwise uncertain future for Otsuka. And as both were on the expedition, it was one problem less.

"Very well. I will inform your respective families. You have to be aware, however, that while her penchant to disseminate random information without sufficient forethought may make her a woman after your own heart, it wouldn't do for either of you to become careless about it. There is only so far one can treat matters reserved for their betters' consideration as theirs to play with. Interference usually propels a closer scrutiny of the interfering. And you can probably take my word on it that until this joyous betrothal becomes a blissful marriage there is still much you and your family can learn about your betrothed, and she and her family about you."

Odorihime let that sink in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 am 

"Hai, it is, Miya-sama." He watched her closely. Still embarrassed by the spilled tea on his kimono. Yet his masked visage remained on the Doom of Bachelors. It belied his rapidly beating heart. He could hear the blood pumping in his ears.

Then she mentioned Kakita-san's little fact. "I understand, Miya-sama. You are incredibly wise. But you know who I am, where I come from. Information and where it goes is tempered by that purview." She was correct, however. There was much to learn and be said.

"Are you recommending I... tell her, Miya-sama?" How would she take that news. The honorable thing would be allow her to avoid any chance of being affected by... that.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 am 

"In my experience, too much truth puts romantic commitments in perilous waters. Some take the gamble, and then either win or lose." The Matchmaker mused in cool tone. "Little truths may be better than big ones."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:44 am 

"And so it goes, Miya-sama." He mused for a moment. He was deep in thought for a moment. Then, he caught her words on Little Truths. How much did she know? He didn't let that question cross his features. "Your advice is invaluable. Your wisdom, supreme. Little Truths may be what is necessary."

"Any last words of advice before we leave for the voyage?" It may be bold, but at the same time, she is the Imperial Matchmaker. How often does one get the chance?

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am 

"One."

She looked intently.

"Stay on the good side of of any and all members of the Imperial Families. Including my children."

With a gesture she dismissed him.

/scene

[As of EE1 Shosuro Anzai and Kakita Otsuka are blissfully betrothed; Otsuka will marry into the Scorpion.]

[VIP Expenditure: Anzai: 106, Otsuka: 19]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:04 am 

[Hikari, Early Afternoon]

[Act #4: Secret Love activated though not expended, and more!]

Odorihime's expression was... strange. Seemingly nothing was off and yet her gaze was strangely absent. Her fingers weren't steepled but held a piece of paper instead. Maybe she was thinking about how to begin.

"...I don't have good news for you, Seppun-san. I had been prepared to offer your hand in marriage to none other than the Agasha daimyo, who has been following your career in the Jade Office and has been very positively disposed toward this match. I had secured your father's agreement for this course of action, and I thought all it required was your own display of duty and maturity, which you haven't failed at."

She tensed a little.

"And then I got this, a strongly worded letter from your father withdrawing his support for the match on grounds of pursuing a better arrangement for you. To whom, he did not disclose. It is no small embarrassment for me. I don't imagine the Lord of the Agasha will be pleased. Perhaps you have an idea why your esteemed father could have done this?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:10 am 

She tensed likewise, confused... and possibly quite upset though she hid it well enough, considering.

"I... I'm not sure. This is, very unexpected. I... it would not be improper of me to assume it appears this letter appears genuine, would it? I... I can not imagine my father would allow your preparations to go to waste without a very good reason."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:29 am 

"It's been delivered by his personal messenger and carries his seal so forgery is hard to imagine. Still, Kyuden Seppun is not far away so I'll send my own missive to ascertain this as soon as we adjourn this meeting. It probably won't be clarified before your departure with Jama-no-Kimi, however. I could plead with him to let you remain but that would only pile problems over the existing ones, wouldn't it?"

She paused.

"So for good or ill, you are unlikely to be here for the displeasure to unfold, but what you'll return to from seafaring might not be joyous. I do hope this won't jeopardise your prospects in general. I will do what I can, but I won't let my reputation be tarnished any further; your father should have known this. This kind of tension between two Imperial Families, and the Dragon, could not have happened at a worse moment, when we should be staying united."

Odorihime closed her fan, a little more forcefully than usual.

"There is no purpose in keeping you here any longer."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 am 

"Very well," she said, tone devoid of emotion.

She rose and gave the woman a deep bow, before departing.

I will have to write my own letter to father.

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next