Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: White into Red [EE2, Sacred Light]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm 

On the top of the mountain overlooking the Treacherous Pass, by the Shrine to Amaterasu, Moshi Chizuru, the head of the order, was waiting in ceremonial robes for the bride and the groom to arrive. Miya Odorihime who had arranged the match and Moshi Zenshiro, representing the bride's side on behalf of the Centipede Champion, were already there. Prince Jama and his entourage were yet to arrive while the bride and the groom were yet to descend from their respective shrines located deeper in the thick forest surrounding the temple where they were currently committed to a quiet prayer.

Post subject: Re: White into Red [EE2, Sacred Light]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 am 

Suihime would not miss this. She had been part of arranging this, and now she would get to experience the feeling of watching something she had arranged reaching completion.

Is this how mother feels, I wonder? She thought from her position of watching.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 pm 

Tori, too, joins the crowd, despite all the work that need be done before the journey. Noriko is a dear friend who has done so much for her over this last year, and it wouldn't do to miss this day!

Rokugani * Thrane * Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:44 pm 

His new position being one of arranging marriages, Yuki thought it would be very unbecoming not to attend the wedding of the season.

Honour: Untrustworthy * Glory: 3.1 * Status: 4.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:50 pm 

Rokuro attended as well, formally dressed, and taking a place as a member of the crowd in silence. It made him thoughtful, seeing this sort of thing.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 pm 

Wataru wore his brand new attire to the wedding. It was the first time anyone saw him in green, a dark sea green, with the mon of the Mantis clan on the back. He stood proud in his new attire, one he had gained for himself, by his own will and dedication. But he didn't wish to take glory from the wedded ones, so he stood in the back observing.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 am 

Susumu was there as well in his elegant kimono, standing silent.

He did not wish to be there but he respected Moshi Noriko and it was only fair to celebrate her wedding with the honors she deserved.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 am 

Jama and his entourage finally arrived, carried up the mountain in his palanquin around the time Noriko and Ietada descended from their places of prayer. Noriko was wearing an ecru-pink-orange-red junihitoe, and her hair were pinned high revealing the full extent of her heron neck. With her height she towered upon many. By her, Ietada, dressed in while for muko-iri, the joining of the family by the groom upon marriage, looked small by her side, compensating it a bit by a tall kanmuri cap. Miya Odorihime and Moshi Zenshiro took the flanks of their respective affianced. The Sisters began their high chants to the kami, filling the mountainside with spirited echoes reverberating throughout the surrounding forested mountainside, among the ancient moss-covered shrines, toriis, and stone effigies of the kami dotting the holy grounds. The song carried both into the Treacherous Pass below and beyond and toward the sea.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 am 

Yasuhiro had been here for quite some time, though he had derped and forgotten to post an entrance hours ago like he had intended. Moshi Noriko was after all the headmistress of his college, so that required attendance at least in his mind.

He stayed silent as the ceremony proceeded, the only movement made to pay the proper respects as it was required of him.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:05 am 

Suihime couldn't remember being this close to a marriage before, being by her mothers side. She was careful not to get caught up in the moment, but at one point she allowed herself a brief moment to look out where she knew Suitengu's Fury was. She was back to focusing on the wedding soon after though.

I wonder what our marriage will be like? She would have to check her research to see if the Mantis had any special marriage traditions.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 pm 

In the gathered crowd of onlookers, Anzai was in attendance. He made sure with his extravagant kimono, that he was in elegantly dressed for the wedding. While he had not met the head of the Imperial Naval Academy, it would be extremely rude not to attend.

He was near the back of the gathering, watching with vested interest.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:37 pm 

Kuuru was present. Although he wasn't exactly sure as to why he was there. He did not know these people and many of them did not know him. Ah well. He supposed he could chalk it up to good manners if nothing else. He did his best to cover up his boredom at the back of the crowd. But even then... A pang of homesickness hit him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:45 pm 

In the crowd Susumu spotted an interesting guest. He was not sure what he would have to do or if he would do it for very long but the Kaiu he was walking towards already had an impressive reputation.

''Kaiu-san?'' he bowed ''I am Captain Gusai Susumu and I have a proposition for you''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:52 pm 

Strange. The one word that popped into Kuuru's mind as the mantis approached him. Nevertheless he smiled curiously and nodded to the captain.
"Yes I am Kaiu Kuuru. What may your proposition be, good captain?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:58 pm 

''I might need highly skilled individuals for tasks given by the Second Prince in the name of the Imperial Navy.''

He put his hands behind his back

''The tasks might be dangerous and secret until revealed, but I think someone like you might be of great help''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 pm 

Kuuru's smile widens. "That is quite vague, captain. Although I do like the sound of dangerous."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:14 pm 

Susumu grins

''If the Admiral keeps the missions secret from his captain until the last moment, it should be indicative of what we might need to do''

He briefly looked at the crowd then returned to the Crab

''I suppose that between missions we will act as merchants and explorers as well so we'll have time to spend on our own goals''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 pm 

Kuuru thought about this for a moment. "Hmm. My chief aim on this expedition was to learn as much as I could so I can return and spread the knowledge to my clan. Do you believe that embarking on this mission would help me further that goal? Please answer honestly."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:41 pm 

Susumu though about it for a moment

''My own personnal ambition is to see to world as well...I do not know if we will sail as far as the others but I certainly will try.''

He narrowed his eyes

''I suspect we might also have other unorthodox means of acquiring knowledge''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm 

Kuuru chuckled. "Unorthodox is my middle name! Well... I suppose you can sign me up then Captain. In the name of scientific curiosity!"

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next