Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: When Amaterasu Sleeps [LE2, Moshi Wharf]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 am 

"She has a formidable mind, but her loyalties lie elsewhere. It is through common interest, if one can be found, that you will find her cooperative." Yajinden smirked. "Debate culture and religion with her during the journey, see how well it will go. You'll have a taste of what mindsets we can encounter in foreign lands."

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 am 

"I have encountered some if it with her," she nodded, "but I will certainly engage her more in such discussions when time allows during the voyage. It sounds like you have had the chance to learn much about her, Asahina-sama?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:05 am 

"I tend to make chances more than I wait for them, Agasha-san. I talked with her, I graded her examination, I observed her during the interview with the Prince. It's enough to form an opinion." He admitted calmly, deciding to pick up a sake cup from an offering servant, suggesting the other to Utsusemi.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 am 

The lady Agasha murmured a polite thanks as she picked a cup of sake for herself.

"I see." She nodded, taking a small sip. "Then if it is as you say, that she is a woman of conflicting loyalties, it might be prudent that there is someone present to make sure that the project is not in jeopardy, no?"

While she normally would not mind to see the acting Tortoise Champion stumble from reaching too far, this was still a matter that had been requested by a Hantei, and to allow it to fail would be a gross mistake.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 am 

"I see it as a process of grooming them to work with us and for us, the gaijin. If the Tortoise have been successful in integrating so many of them into their affairs, a Clan of greater excellence could do it even better if we show enough thoughtfulness and patience." Yajinden mused after a sip. "I surmise she might not be even that committed to the project as Muhaki Zazu would like. He is not a dream leader for the Tortoise who operate beyond Rokugan. The project may be in jeopardy because of plain negligence. That would be an embarrassment."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 am 

"Verily." Her brows furrowed slightly in concern, but nothing that sake could not temporarily dispel.

"I fully intend to invest myself into this project, Asahina-sama, as I do not believe there is room for failure. If I may even be so bold to say so, I believe it will have better odds of success with the right words from someone like yourself to encourage others to become engaged in the project themselves, considering your connections and influence."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:36 am 

"Hm."

He put the cup away and tapped his chin in thought.

"Perhaps. I have a cousin that could assist you, and I could arrange you a meeting with he governor. They are all big family here, his granduncle runs Ichoji , his grandfather - Kawaradera. Hassei is not a sympathiser of the Tortoise cause, he was the one who conducted the seizure of their assets here last year, but he remains endeared to the Crane through his dear Doji wife. On your own, you could try on the Dragon Hill, I surmise some doctrinal stir may have occurred there since the announcement of the Edict. Seppun Fuzaka, the owner of the Sublime Dew, is a former Iwasaki. While Zazu is his best client, he would not be beyond releasing some of his geisha for the right compensation. But truly, there is quite a lot of our former kin, now masterless, working in this city below their dignity and competence. I don't believe Zazu could convince them all, but they still may look forward to another 'new life'."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 am 

Utsu listened intently, and she could see why Ryuden considered him a capable associate. Had she had the chance to be in the city longer, or if Sanjuro was more invested in the ebb and flow of politics (and she could get it out of him), she might have caught up on this eventually, but it would have been too late considering the pace in which everything was moving.

She bowed her head in thanks, smiling faintly. "You truly are a man of many talents, Asahina-sama. Arigato gozaimasu. Your words have certainly pointed me in the right direction."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:23 am 

"Such nice words to hear. Dou itashimashite." Yajinden giggled behind his fan when bowing back, then tilted his head to express some disagreement. "I perhaps have just one talent. To see matters not through established precedences but for what they are, their basic constitutive principles. Then all it takes is formulating a strategy how to meet them."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 pm 

"Perhaps," she did neither agree or disagree, judging by her tone. "From how Ryuden-sama speaks of you, I would be hard-pressed to say it is only one talent, but to be honest, I think he is just pleased to have someone like you to share many of his ideas with."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:17 pm 

"The fraternity of minds is one of the greatest joys of life." Yajinden commented with a small, melancholic smile, catching Noriko's tall silhouette in a distance. "I wonder how far removed it is from marital communions."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:27 pm 

Utsusemi followed his gaze in direction of the bride, her own expression a little uncertain for a short while before returning to its perfected state ingrained in almost all Doji women.

"Hard to say. Marriage is a tricky thing with many moving pieces; each little piece being a vital part in the wholeness of it all."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 pm 

"That is most certainly true, but not entirely informative, Agasha-san." He chuckled, waving his fan as if banishing a thought. "But greater concerns await us soon enough. I suppose I'll reach out to my cousin tonight and encourage him to pay you a visit tomorrow to talk about the journey. He might get quite enthusiastic about it, but do not trust his seamanship too much."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 pm 

"Of course," she bowed, understanding that she had taken up much of his time already. "I will keep that in mind."

"Thank you, for your kind assistance, and for your delightful company, Asahina-sama."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm 

"I am sure we'll have many other opportunities to have a conversation another time." He bowed. "I am looking forward to sharing insights with my friend's wife. Please, enjoy the night." With that, he turned and left in unhurried steps.

/exit

Page 3 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3