Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: When Amaterasu Sleeps [LE2, Moshi Wharf]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 pm 

"Oh, he shouldn't be faulted. The Prince is very pleased with him. In a sense, he felt victim of his own success. If he wasn't this indispensable here he would be sailing with us." Yajinden lowered his fan a little.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 am 

She bowed her head respectfully. "I am honored to hear that Hantei-no-kimi is pleased with him. And it is good to know that his drive and excellence is appriciated and given room to grow." Probably a complete coincidence that his wife was here instead!

"This little excursion will allow him some time home with the children. As our eldest seems to be showing signs of having inherited his family's connection to the kami, Ryuden-sama is much more suited than I to provide him with some guidance." Utsu felt a mixture of pride and concern. Pride that her son seemed to have been granted a rare gift, and concern because fire was such a dangerous element. "May I ask how things are faring in the lands of the Crane, Asahina-sama? It often takes a long time for letters from my family to reach the lands of the Dragon."

Sure, he was always around the prince, but it seemed more reasonable to think he would be more up to date on things.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 am 

"Oh, we're blessed with being so longitudinal a Clan that we experience full spectrum of being affected by current turmoils. To my best knowledge Hayaku Mura has not been affected too much and only indirectly by our conflicts with the Lion and the Crab. Quite the opposite, a recent quid-pro-quo with the Mantis has brought new prosperity. The Gusai are not too happy with what happened in my hometown..." Yajinden paused to open the fan. "...so they have been moving their operations north."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 am 

"Sou desu ka," she nodded, lowering her eyes slightly to the opened fan. It was a relief to know her family's holding was safe for the most part, but she had the most concern for her sister among the Daidoji. "As you say, it certainly seems to be a full spectrum for the children of Doji... but a sword is made strong through hardship and trials of fire - so it is in life as well."

"Thank you for putting my worries at ease, Asahina-sama. It is hard to completely leave one's birth family behind, even after donning the colours of another. Though I imagine for you too it must be hard to be so far away from your home and family?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 am 

Anzai felt comfortable in a setting such as this. It was no Scorpion celebration, to be sure, but still a rather nice one. He was standing with a relaxed posture, watching the paper lanterns out on the wharf. His left hand clutching his fan, his face a mask of contentedness.

(PM if approached, please!)

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:23 am 

"I've grown to believe that I am at hope everywhere in the Empire. And now that Jukami Mura from my childhood has burned, I am not sure if there is much I could be returning to." He said quietly. "The paths of fate shift all the time, do they not?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:32 pm 

Drawn to the celebration unconsciously, Isamu wandered around a little, lost in his own thoughts for what was to come in the days ahead, and the future in general. He had acquired some sake at some point, and was drinking it slowly as he moved around, eyes following the paper lanterns.

[PM if approaching please]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 pm 

Asahina Yajinden wrote:
"I've grown to believe that I am at home everywhere in the Empire. And now that Jukami Mura from my childhood has burned, I am not sure if there is much I could be returning to." He said quietly. "The paths of fate shift all the time, do they not?"

"It would appear so," she agreed, her tone sympathetic, "however, there is always the possibility of rebuilding what has been destroyed. Life is a cycle of destruction and creation; from the ruins and ashes, we can give life to the new."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm 

Ringo enjoys the festivities along with everyone else. He looks around for the new couple to offer his congratulations.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:26 pm 

Seppun Hikari wrote:
"As my subordinate within the Jade Office," she finally swallowed, "I can attest to Yogo-san's competence."

Assault of peasants notwithstanding.

He nodded polietly at that. "It seems Suzume-sama will be in excellent hands then. It should also be a good time for the two betrothed to get to know each other better."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm 

"I could not agree more. However, I prefer to think that after destruction whatever we are rebuilding will avoid some flaws of what was destroyed; that we are not locked in an endless chain of karmic repetition of the same mistakes..." Yajnden mused, looking at the drifting lanterns.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm 

"Mhm," Utsu nodded in agreement, taking a silent moment to admire the scenery illuminated by the lanterns as well. There had not been drifting lanterns like this for her own weddings, but she remembered there were many colourful paper lanterns - but mostly how the Agasha had celebrated the event with bright and vividly coloured hanabi.

"We should always look for ways to improve; otherwise it feels like we are dooming ourselves to mediocrity, at best," she mused as she reminisced of her time at the Academy. "The same goes for challenging oneself to break the comforts of the same old routines, to be bold enough to try something new. In a way, the Imperial Explorers is just that; bold and ground-breaking. I am not only here for the voyage because it was my husband's wish, but because I too wish to see the vision of reaching for something new fulfilled."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 pm 

"I'd be curious about your definition of the new, Agasha-san. Many who stand by the Explorers are dreamers, but their dreams tend to differ. Reconciling them when they'll clash with the reality of foreign places may be difficult."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 pm 

She let the edges of her fan rest against her lips as she considered how to put her reply into words, rather than just feelings and emotions.

"I would not call it a dream, as much I would rather prefer to think of it as accepting that we should consider what else the world has to offer us, and not refuse it outright merely because it is different. I do not seek personal glory as others might, but rather seek to do right and act with care to see the Empire establish itself rather than hiding away, pretending that nothing exists outside our borders, when history has taught us otherwise. Though I'd say that this expedition in itself is new, as it is new to see many clans united in the effort... so I suppose that sets a good starting point, at least."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:58 pm 

"Dreaming in increments is a mother's feature." Yajinden chuckled, hiding his lips behind the fan. "What does it mean establishing itself to you?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 am 

"Well, I am a mother, so I suppose that is natural," she chuckled warmly. "To me, I suppose that would be proper holdings and locations, from where trade and ideas can move more freely. Hm, similar to this city, one could say, but off the mainland. The new decree of erecting a Temple to Sadahako-no-kami I think is a good start, seeing as it would establish a place of worship for travellers, as well as sharing the culture and art of our Empire. As an artisan, it is a cause I believe is most worthy of our efforts."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:11 am 

"Is it? Do you think it should be our priority, religious and cultural presence? The gaijin have their own vivid religions and cultures." Yajinden mused. "They probably would be very reluctant to look at the Kami worship the way we do."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 am 

"Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe it would be easier to foster friendly relations between us and the gaijin if we can understand eachother more. If the project is to succeed, it seems to me it must have the support of the locals, and a place of art and culture would probably go over better than anything dedicated to war or seemingly hostile aspects."

Utsusemi shrugged slightly. "Nevertheless, I have been invited to sail on the same ship as Muhaki Berena-san, and as she seems to be a sensible and skilled woman, I hope to work closely with her on this. She is not an artisan, but seems to have a good head on her shoulders."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:32 am 

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Seppun Hikari wrote:
"As my subordinate within the Jade Office," she finally swallowed, "I can attest to Yogo-san's competence."

Assault of peasants notwithstanding.

He nodded polietly at that. "It seems Suzume-sama will be in excellent hands then. It should also be a good time for the two betrothed to get to know each other better."

"Wait... what?"

She swallowed.

Huh...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 am 

"Ah, you hadn't heard?" Finishing his mochi he moved to pick up his cup of sake again. "Suzume Rokuro and Yogo Akarei were engaged by Miya-sama yesterday."

"I thought your subordinate would of let you know by now..."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Page 2 of 3 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next