Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: For the People (D2, EM)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:53 pm 

"But, it was present. Perhaps, they feel safer in Tortoise lands, but the fear was always present here. Nor did they choose to serve in Dragon's Guard. The Tortoise brought them here, as any clan has brought their servants here. The difference, as you pointed out, is they had no where to go without their Tortoise masters."

He shook his head. "You've been hearing and not listening. You've chosen to dismiss most of what I say without considering that they may be true. Evidently, if my words don't fall into your preconceptions, they must be lies. There is no danger at the moment. The danger will come if the voyage fails, which you seem convinced of. If that happens, the college and all those who serve it, samurai or not, Rokugani or not, will be punished. You seem convinced that the voyage will be disastrous. You want to help these people. Your clan is the only one that could remove them to a safer place."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 pm 

You could always just be clear the first time you say something... You were the one that made it seem they were in immediate danger once you left... revising your view over and over in the middle of a conversation makes it difficult for anyone to follow...” She replied with a shake of her head.

But it seems you’ve ascribed me to be your enemy now... I’m ‘hearing’ just fine. I have tried to be honest and patient. But I am near my fill of hearing about myself from you. You know nothing about me. You have no acces to my thoughts. So at the very least, refrain from thinking you do.” she dusted off her knees.

“I will need a roster of those under your protection. Get it to me at your earliest convenience.”

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 pm 

"You have been doing the same thing." he sighed. "As I said before, neither of us have a full image of everything that has happened. I accept that I do not know what has happened within the Tortoise or how their fate has been manipulated. I know, however, how the Merenaese were treated here, before and after the Tortoise left. If you'd like to verify what I've said, speak with the people again or find Jose Pavo."

"Nothing I've told you is a lie." he added. "Including the statements that seem incomplete. There are things that simply cannot be discussed here."

"There are around a hundred. Many will be on the voyage. I will prepare a listing."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 pm 

She shook her head and replied in a kind but tiring voice, "I haven't spoken for you at all; I have spoken my perspective and my thoughts alone and discussed the broader truth with transparency. You are the one that won't share your secrets or thoughts on these important events; claiming it is for my 'safety'. You were the one that acknowledged it is different for the workers when one cannot physically return home... then just blew past it like it didn't mater. I'm saying it does. Reality says it does. It's no fault of yours though... nor do I think you attempted to do anything different to these people than what was done before. I've thanked you for the compassion you have showed them. Their reality is, however, different without the option to go home. This has nothing to do about me speaking for you or your intentions. It has to do with demonstrably different conditions of their employment. It is not a matter of perspective or 'lies' in this case. I don't think you to be a liar. Just reluctant to admit your people may not be impervious to foolish decisions... It is my opinion that all people are fallible. Tortoise and Imperial, 'gaijin' and Rokugani alike."

She then stood and bowed politely.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 pm 

"I have fully admitted fallability, multiple times. I was simply suggesting that most of them have never had the option to return home. Many told me as much." He stood and bowed respectfully. "I am pleased to see that some things have changed."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm 

"Is Jama fallible? His brother? The Emperor?" She asked.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 pm 

"Yes. We all are." he nodded. "But, our faults are not always our own and we can only make the best of a bad situation."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 pm 

"Our situations are only limited by the depths of our imagination. Hopefully one day I'll be safe enough for you to let me know how you truly view things. Until then.. go with Grace."

She bowed respectfully and made her way back towards the Tortoise housing.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:40 pm 

"I look forward to that day." He nodded and walked off, with Nari at his side.

/scene

Page 3 of 3 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3