Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: U and I? (D2, LE, Party Aside)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:28 am 

Rokuro, after he strayed away from the party, felt very strange. A woman he... didn't know at all... was going to stand across from him some day. The wedding had left him pensive, so the excitement of the party had given him a little bit of a headache.

Stepping away from the party with a bottle of sake, he found an unoccupied bench down the length of a quiet pier, waiting for the woman he expected to meet for the first time. Properly, that was...

Description :: Theme :: Strife

Post subject: Re: U and I? (D2, LE, Party Aside)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 am 

Akarei walked over to meet with her betrothed. She glanced at him and noted, I suppose he is handsome like the Miya suggested. She let out a sigh and walked over to join him. For the time being, her mask stayed on. "Suzume-san," she stated with a plain expression.

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 am 

Rokuro rose when she arrived, bowing deeply, with a level of respect above her station.

Then he took a seat, leaving her a polite amount of seat to take, so as to be proper. Opening the bottle of sake, he offered, "Yogo-san... may I call you Akarei?"

Pouring a cup for himself, he hovered the bottle over another, waiting for her to indicate if she wanted some.

"Would you like some? I find it soothes the nerves in this sort of... festive chaos."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am 

"Akarei is fine. Might as well start sooner rather than later." The woman looked at the alcohol and then back to him. She then shrugged and held out the cup. "I seldom drink," she admitted, still walled off.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:51 am 

"Neither do I, but the noise makes me ornery."

Pouring the cup half full, he set the bottle down, and then raised his own.

"Then, Akarei-san, I would very much appreciate it if you called me Rokuro, in private at least. If we are to wed after the journey, I would like to try and... get to know you."

He smiled faintly. "I suppose I must not have been what you were... planning on."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:06 am 

The woman stared at him through her mask. "Get to know me?" She took a sip from her cup and left the matter at that.

She looked away at him and then back at him. "What makes you suppose that?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 am 

"You seem... unhappy... with me."

He gave his cup a thoughtful swirl, and then added, quietly, "Certainly that's the impression I get, when you seem determined to ignore my position; though I am uncertain how it offends you."

Glancing at the woman, still hidden behind her mask, he added, still in that dry, relaxed tone, "I don't mind, necessarily, after all, in the home we would be equals, no matter our standing. Yet I don't get the impression that is what you intended."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:18 am 

"Straightforward then." She smirked, enjoying that trait of his. "I like to be in charge," she added, setting aside the cup. "Because it is what I deserve.'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:34 am 

He contemplated that.

"Why?"

It was an innocent enough question, and it wasn't spoken harshly. Rather, he seemed genuinely curious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:21 am 

"Because I'm intelligent," she blurted out. She then glowered and poured herself another cup. "Because I'm meant for more than... this."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 pm 

"And you think I'm stupid?" It was muttered, almost too quiet to hear, in a bitter tone.

His face betrayed a number of emotions, very fast, too fast to sort out. Maybe anger, amusement, or possibly pain.

Then he regained his On, and turned his gaze back to the sake cup, watching the clear liquid swirl around the cup as he tilted it back and forth. "I didn't realize I was such a terrible match. Would you have preferred someone of even greater standing... or a whipping post to stand in your shadow?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 pm 

The woman took her cup and hovered it by her lips. She watched her betrothed from the safety of silence. When she was done observing, she took a sip and then let out a sigh. "You took what belonged to me. I should be in command of the vessel." His actual question was to be left unanswered. After all, she had no idea what the truth was.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm 

Rokuro listened in silence, and then emptied the cup.

Picking up the bottle he refilled it in silence.

After a long silence, uncomfortably so, he stated, simply, "It is not for us to decide. I would not argue against Hantei Jama, and neither did you, because, as you said, you aren't stupid."

He glanced at her, gaze searching that mask.

"Life, I'm sorry to say, doesn't care what we think we deserve. It never has, and never will."

Taking a slow breath, he asked again, "Yet you haven't told me why you believe me unfit... I cannot answer an accusation left unspoken." Another sip of sake, and he leaned back, cocking his head to the side and fixing her with a steady, pensive look. "I want us to succeed, Akarei-san, and I cannot achieve that alone."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 pm 

"I know that about life," she hissed. She turned and kept her cheek turned to him.

"Why would you want to work on marriage to a Yogo? Such is a dangerous prospect."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:34 pm 

That actually elicited a laugh. "Because Akarei-san, you are my betrothed. A husband's duty is to care for his wife and children; to support and defend them to his utmost ability."

Taking another sip, he added, "I don't know what I expected, certainly not a clever Yogo with fire in her hair and fire in her heart, but you are the one chosen, and so I will do my part. Why should I not?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 pm 

"Duty." She smirked. "I suppose it is my Duty to be a good wife then, correct?" The woman let out a wistful sigh and took a small sip. "I am unsure what I expected myself. Not a Minor Clan member, certainly."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:00 pm 

Rokuro was doing a surprisingly good job at holding his temper, despite her continued jabs. "Then I guess we are both surprised. I hope you aren't too disappointed."

Setting down his sake cup, he glanced at the bench, wondering if she planned to ever sit. "Forgive me for saying so, but I personally feel you didn't make out too badly; I am not without my merits, even if I am a Minor Clansman." His tone was matter of fact, and he didn't seem to be outwardly upset. "As for being a good wife, that is your own decision. I would like to think we can learn to be partners, to work together, rather than against each other. I would certainly hope we could even learn to care for one another; though I suppose that is my own romanticism speaking."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:27 pm 

"Actively working against you would be detrimental to my own position," she mused, though her expression slowly turned more sinister, "Unless I was to usurp you as captain." The woman took a sip from her cup. "You cannot be completely without your merits if you received this position to begin with."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 pm 

Rokuro leaned forward, clasping his hands together, resting his elbows on his knees.

Resting his chin against his crossed fingers, he inquired, eerily calm. "Usurp me?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 pm 

The priestess let out an amused chuckle. "Who are the most prominent villains in any play?"

Page 1 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next