Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: A Meeting With Ken-zoo (D2, LA, Zoo)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 am 

She smiled slightly and tilted her head, "I'm not too sure myself... I suppose I'm just focused on doing the best with what is given to me. For the most part... that's all we can do as people. Some of us are more privileged than others... but from the very smallest to the greatest... we can all strive to make our contributions. And if everyone does something, it's better than if they hadn't done anything. And with enough people doing good, surely the world would end up somewhere better than before. A single candle can't light the whole night, but thousands of tiny lights can make even the darkest night like day."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:28 am 

"Hmmm." Kenzo looked thoughtful for a few moments, then smiled. "May I say, Muhaki-san, that I very much admire your view. It's very optimistic. As a fellow optimist, I find it very much appeals to me."

He crossed his arms, leaning against the wall of the enclosure, after first glancing to make sure the giraffe wasn't too close. "So, this voyage. Undoubtedly an action. Is it a good one? Or does that depend on those of us undertaking it?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:37 am 

“I fear it’s intent may not be... but intent doesn’t always match results.” She replied.

Then nodded, “It’ll be up to the voyagers to see if they can take something conceived in vain ambition and foolishness and turn it into something worthwhile.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 am 

Kenzo looked steadily at her, his expression difficult to read. "I may have to take that suggestion that you're an optimist back." He finally said mildly.

He sighed, spreading his hands. "Or perhaps you're just better informed. I'm simply not at a level within my clan to be told any of the higher level particulars, and I don't keep my ear to enough gossip. You're a very intelligent person, Muhaki-sama." He said, inclining his head. "If you would share your thoughts, I would listen to them."

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 pm 

She chuckled, "I would still consider myself somewhat optimistic. Just not a blind optimist; I am very cognizant of the fact that there are bad men in this world, and that many of them have great power."

She looked at the next exhibit as she formulated her thoughts, "I cannot speak from a perfect knowledge of these things... but there are just far too many coincidences for me to ignore completely. You have two men who are fighting for the right to take over the throne once their father passes. And in that circumstance you see a common tread among the potential enemies of Hantei Jama. They all end up dead... My clan's own champion was lost at sea on a clear day... travelling through Mantis waters. This corresponded with a rise in Mantis activity here in this town, and the expulsion of the Tortoise at the bequest of Hantei Jama. Jama believes he has found something that will help his case in this battle with his brother out at sea... and is using this voyage to press his agenda. His own aide was clear that this mission isn't about 'progress' or 'exploration'. The members of their voyage are merely tools to feed him a means towards power... And Jama has shown to have no real loyalty or connection to his tools in the past."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:59 pm 

Kenzo went from rubbing at his chin to chewing on his lip as she spoke.

"I suppose it would take a great deal of optimism to remain an optimist in the face of that." He finally said. After a moment, he looked up at the giraffe, his gaze almost fond. "The study of humans is often fascinating. But I find that I prefer the study of animals." It did seem to be a deliberate commentary.

Turning back towards Berena, he sighed. "I should not like to be part of an expedition for someone's political gains. Progress, exploration..." He sighed again. "I suppose, as we discussed, that it is therefore up to individual actors to make that difference, isn't it?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm 

She nodded, “That’s why it is important for us to do the best with what is given to us. We can’t control everything, but still can be a light in the darkness in our own way.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:51 pm 

Kenzo bowed. "Well, than. I assure you that I have always sought to be exactly that. As I gather you have."

He smiled. "I think we will work very well together, Muhaki-sama. Very well indeed."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 pm 

She nodded, "I look forward to it Mirumoto-san."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:24 am 

Kenzo bowed one more time.

"Well, then!" He glanced up at the giraffe. "As much as I could spend more of the day looking at this fellow," Or lady, he'd never found out, "-there's still a great deal to see. Shall we?" He gestured down the path.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:35 pm 

She nodded and followed Kenzo around the zoo to his heart's content...

/scene?

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:39 pm 

They were there for quite some time.

/scene

Page 3 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3