Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: A Meeting With Ken-zoo (D2, LA, Zoo)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am 

Bellena arrived at the zoo after getting a message from Kenzo earlier that morning. She came dressed in her kimono, which she hoped would be the last time she had to wear this out in public for some time seeing that the following day they would be sailing away. She stood at the entrance with her hands behind her back. Waiting for her fellow zoo-goer to arrive.

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: A Meeting With Ken-zoo (D2, LA, Zoo)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:40 am 

Kenzo showed up promptly on time. Sometimes he was a little vague on deadlines and timeline, but this was the zoo. One shouldn't be late to the zoo.

He gave Berena a cheerful smile as he approached, his stride long. "Muhaki-san." He said with a bow. "It's a pleasure to see you again."

"Shall we walk and talk?" His look turned inquisitive. "I've been here before. Do you prefer to see the highlights, or a methodical examination?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 am 

She smiled in response. The man's exuberance was evident in the speed he bombarded her with greetings and questions, "Wherever you would like to go first Mirumoto-san. I am your guest, you are the expert here."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:02 am 

Kenzo smiled, raising his eyebrows. "Oh, am I? I should not be surprised to hear that you've made a study of Rokugani animals, as well."

He inclined his head. "Nevertheless, let us do a bit of each. My favorite are mammals. Let us examine them methodically. Even scientists are allowed preferences, eh?" He gestured down a path.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:11 am 

She smiled and nodded, “So... Mirumoto-san, have you always had such a love for animals?”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 am 

The first enclosure they came to held some rocks, trees, and a small pool. And a collection of monkeys, some of which seemed to be bathing in the pool.

He shot Berena a quick smile. "I have, in fact. Ever since I was a young boy. The mountains in Dragon lands have a great many of them. Sometimes it felt as though I spent as much time with goats as with people." He sighed.

He glanced at Berena. "Of course, people can be a fascinating study, too."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:48 pm 

She chuckled, "I must admit I would rather study people than goats under normal circumstances. Was your time in the mountains part of some ascetic training? I hear the Dragon are famous for such things."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm 

Kenzo glanced back from the monkeys. "Goats are fairly fascinating, actually. Their horizontal pupils, their digestion, their climbing ability." He chuckled. "But you're right, people are fascinating, too."

He shook his head. "No, not training. Just proximity, really. Dragon lands are very mountainous. It wasn't even a day trip for me."

He glanced at her, smiling. "I keep wanting to talk about you, but we end up talking about me, or animals. My fault, I expect."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:27 pm 

"Do not worry, my inquiries are also responsible for the course of our conversation Mirumoto-san." She said with a smile.

"What is it you would like to know?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

Kenzo chuckled. "Oh, good. I get rather focused, sometimes."

"Hmmm..." He said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I hoped to learn something about the trajectory of your life, if that makes sense. I know you trained at Medinaat al-Salaam. And now you're here. You mentioned some other bits, but not much. Two points may be enough to make a line, but I still feel that they're not the whole story."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm 

She smiled, "Well... to put some more dots on that line. I left Medinaat al-Salaam when I was about 17. I was given the position of chief navigator on a boat led by a prominent member of my clan. Together with our crew we spent... what was it... about eight, seven, eight years together travelling across the known world. After that time there grew to be a need in a port located in the ocean... one that we will be travelling to shortly... for an advisor to help with the new leadership that had been brought in. My former captain asked me to step in and help in that role because of my abilities with language and various matters of commerce and mathematics. So that is where I have been ever since."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 pm 

As she spoke, Kenzo led them along to the next enclosure. This one held weasels. There was a sign posted, warning visitors to avoid feeding them, as they can become aggressive.

"Very interesting." Kenzo said, tilting his head. He pursed his lips for a moment, then shook his head.

"I'd heard you took the captain's examination last night." He said. "Does that mean you've decided to come on the expedition after all?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 pm 

She nodded, "A bit of new information has come to my attention... and I have decided to travel with you for the time being."

He looked down at the weasel and chuckled at a thought of someone she had seen that morning that the creature reminded her of.

She straightened up her back, "I've been appointed as the First Officer of the vanguard vessel in the fleet."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 pm 

"Really?" Kenzo's expression brightened. "Well done, Muhaki-san. Well done, indeed." He bowed. "That's a very good position, and from what you've told me of your skills, you'll fill it well."

He sighed, not-unhappily. "I am glad that we'll be travelling together. Not only could we use the expertise, but I feel as though conversation with you could help pass the time." He brightened. "Fortunately, for now, there's still plenty of zoo left." Slowly, he began to lead them away from the weasels.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 pm 

She smiled and followed him along, "So do you have plans for which ship you will be travelling on Mirumoto-san?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 pm 

"Mmm, not as such." The path went on for a bit, and Kenzo was setting the pace slow. "I'm finding it difficult to balance duty and personal desire." He chuckled, shaking his head. "So, I've been waiting, trying to make up my mind."

He turned to look at her, his lips twisting. "I suppose if I wait too long, the decision will be taken out of my hands. And I don't care for that. Perhaps I should make up my mind, eh?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:48 am 

“You could always join my ship if you so desired. I don’t claim to be the nicest leader... but I have far more experience than most.” She said.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 am 

"What, you aren't nice?" Kenzo smirked. "Personally, I'd take competent over nice, if I had to choose."

He pursed his lips thoughtfully. "I think I should like that, although I'd also like to hear more about the ship. And as for the duty..." He cleared his throat. "The wife of my immediate superior is going to be on the voyage. I feel it is my responsibility to be on the same ship as her, if at all possible."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 am 

She nodded and smirked, "I tend to prioritize arriving at my destination over making things fun and friendly."

She then described the vessel, "The vessel I will be on is called the Kunshu Maru, named after the sword of the Emperor... It is the vanguard ship in the fleet. We will be leading the way to our first destination. And as for your compatriot... may I ask her name?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 am 

"The vanguard ship. My word." Kenzo's eyes brightened. "The first one in. That would be very much to my liking."

"Of course." Kenzo bowed. "She is Agasha Utsusemi-sama." He paused, his expression thoughtful. "While my first concern is her safety, she is herself very intelligent, talented, resourceful-" Kenzo clamped down on further adjectives. "I think her expertise would be valuable in its own right."

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next