Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D2 EM, Treacherous Pass] Non-Awkward Field Trip
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 am 

For reference

Kenzo took a deep breath, a smile on his face. There was a feeling about the woods, more than a scent, more than a feeling. It had been some time since he'd been out alone in the wilderness.

Of course, he wasn't alone now. Kenzo glanced around, taking stock of the various others that were with him. To some, he gave a nod of acknowledgement, to some the briefest of smiles, perhaps one just a little longer, perhaps not.

He wondered how everyone would hold up on the journey.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: [D2 EM, Treacherous Pass] Non-Awkward Field Trip
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:28 am 

Sanjuro, who had led them up here, was less exhilarated. He too breathed deeply, but it only deepened his frown.

"Something's wrong with the air."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:02 am 

Utsusemi, having accompanied Sanjuro since they left the Wheel, was in a good mood. For Kenzo and Sanjuro, she seemed to smile a little bit brighter today... and perhaps a little bit more for the Mirumoto.

"Hm, how do you mean?" She asked, adjusting the strawhat that shielded her face from the sun.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am 

"Ash. There's been a fire up north. A big one, if it has carried this far. Probably beyond the mountains. We haven't seen the halo on the night sky, nor smoke by day." Sanjuro began climbing further up the slope. "If it were City of Remembrance again, sailors would have seen it."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:49 pm 

Utsu was decidedly dressed down from her more usual attire, wearing only a plain grey kimono and simple hakama.

"It might be prudent..." she agreed, looking to the north with growing concern on her face. "... you don't think it's close to the Agasha lands, do you?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:34 pm 

Ran followed, she lagged slightly behind simply because she could not stop looking at- and examining- everything. Over her shoulder was a satchel, stuffed full with papers and charcoal.

"Definitely the smell of smoke in the air." She confirmed when they were all together.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 pm 

The note of concern in Utsusemi's voice drew a glance from Kenzo. His hands briefly tensed down at his sides.

He turned to Sanjuro. "Agasha-sama." He said. "You know this area well. Is there a vantage point we might be able to see from?"

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:50 am 

"We'd have to travel through the mountains for days to find a point from which we could look into the Phoenix valleys beyond." He mused grimly. "Unless winds up north have gone strange, we would have had this from the west-northwest if it were Agasha lands." He took another deep breath of it. "Maybe a volcano has awakened. Or maybe there've been forest fires. We can alert the authorities, sure."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:11 pm 

It was a small relief, that it was not from home, but it still had her worried that something bad had happened... even a volcano could cause trouble and danger for many miles around it.

"I hope it's nothing too severe..." she murmured, shifting a little uneasily as she tried to easen her own mind, and moving closer to Sanjuro as she was also worried about his own reaction. Breathing in the air, she could hardly notice the change in the air herself even if she was more aware of it now. "Are you alright?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:32 pm 

"I am fine." He said mechanically. "It's just nothing good, whatever it is. And we may not learn before we sail away." He bit thinned his lips. "Shiro Agasha should be safe either way."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:39 pm 

"Well, that's good." Kenzo said, shooting a quick reassuring smile towards Utsusemi. It wasn't hard for him to have divined the source of her concern.

Yet, it seemed that the incident had still cast a pall on the proceedings. "Ahh..." He glanced around. "Shall we go on a bit further, perhaps? It's a lovely morning. Or would you rather report this straight away?" He asked no one in particular.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:00 pm 

"Remind me what you'd like o find." Sanjuro turned toward Kenzo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 pm 

Kenzo inclined his head. "Perhaps something where the beauty of nature can best be observed? I'd rather hoped to see one of the areas animals, and shared that hope with some of the others, here. I do recognize that takes a measure of luck."

He cleared his throat. "And perhaps nothing too Treacherous. Speaking for myself, if I broke a leg and had to miss the voyage, I'd never forgive myself."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:50 pm 

Pushing away her concerns for now, the lady Agasha focused on the moment.

They should be safe, no need to worry. Yoshi probably has not set fire to anything again...

"... I am certain I will see the local flora regardless of which direction we go, which is mostly what I am looking for," she voiced what she was looking for, but looked to the ronin to hear what Ran was seeking on this little excursion.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:28 pm 

She was concerned for the Lady Dragon, and her expression -she hoped- was comforting towards the other woman.

"I mean, I'm just here to see what's here." She added when it seemed it was expected of her to add something, and patted her satchel. "Point me at something noteworthy, and I'll figure out the science behind it."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59 pm 

Utsusemi nodded, smiling a little weakly. "So it's mostly looking for the animals Kenzo-san hopes to see then? Where there are animals, there are bound to be more."

She looked to Sanjuro, who was the one familiar with the area.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:02 pm 

"If you're not fed up with momiji in the Pan, we can go see akaji nishiki*. Different hue of foliage, bright orange, often harvested by the Moshi for ikebana. There are also some endemic aogeraI** in the area, and Shifty Eyes-san, I mean an old leopard cat." Sanjuro mused.

*Acer palmatum
**Green woodpecker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 am 

Kenzo's eyebrows went up a little at the first part, and more at the second part. "Leopard cat? That does sound fascinating. I do hope we manage to catch a glimpse of that."

As the little group traveled along, they edged away from the sharper, rockier areas. Gradually, the trees they encountered seemed to shift, becoming smaller, squatter. The colors of the leaves, though, grew much more brilliant.

"Goodness." Kenzo murmured, slowing. "Those are lovely colors. If only that was the sort of thing I painted." His lips quirked as he flicked a glance at Utsusemi.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:27 am 

"The Moshi?" She lit up at talk of ikebana. "It's something I've always wanted to learn... I started with bonsai, but ikebana is lovely." Ran picked a leaf from a nearby tree, to press between two pieces of paper, which she carefully tucked into her satchel.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 am 

"Mhm," she nodded thoughtfully, looking at the colourful foliage with an appriciative glance. Somehow, there was always something more raw and natural to seeing these shapes and colours out in the wild, compared to seeing them along promenades or in carefully maintained gardens. Something she had grown more appriciative of in her time as a Dragon.

"I would love to exchange notes on bonsai, Ran-san. It was never my strongest suite among the more botanical arts... ikebana always came more naturally to me." The Agasha matron studied the branches with care as she singled out the most vibrantly hued leaves.

"If I were to paint this now, we would be stuck here forever, Kenzo-san," Utsusemi chuckled to the Mirumoto, "but bringing these leaves me, I will have a reference for their bright colours."

Like Ran did, she also kept the leaves she picked out pressed between paper for safe storing.

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next