Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D2 EM, Treacherous Pass] Non-Awkward Field Trip
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:10 pm 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
She smiled at Kenzo, and blew on the excess charcoal, then tucked her papers away, though she twiddled the charcoal stick between two fingers.
"Of course, Mirumoto-sama," she agreed, though her gaze ticked from the bird as it took flight, to the Dragon Lady who joined them. Then back to Kenzo. "Nothing would please me more than talking about the natural world and how I view it."

Kenzo smiled. "That is a conversation that I would be very pleased to have with you. I think it would be worth comparing notes, in a very literal sense."

He glanced briefly over at the other two, angling his body slightly to view them. "May I ask what sort of notes you were taking? I imagine they serve a similar function to the quick paintings that I make, yes?"

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:17 pm 

"Hai, I'd liken them along the same lines. I am not good at drawing, beyond quick sketches to lay out what I'd like to build.... My words are stronger, and I spent a long time in school learning to elaborate... sometimes profusely... on the ideas I want to share. I want to describe everything I see, and how it makes me feel, and how it relates to the world around me."
Ran gave another small smile, but she was delighted to speak of nature with someone who understood her passion for it.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:36 pm 

"Ah." Kenzo said with a smile. "I see. Yes, that is much the same reason why I make my paintings of the animals that I find. I think perhaps my words are not so good, and I've been learning to express myself with art."

"Ran-san, how did you apply your method to the woodpecker we just saw? Ah... when I make one of my paintings, I focus on the distinguishing features of the species, and the mechanics of their bodies, for example."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm 

Agasha Sanjuro wrote:
"They are not uncommon. Tasty nonetheless. Something else for tempura." He said quietly, biting his lip as he lowered himself on one knee to expertly remove another batch of shrooms from beneath the fallen orange foliage.

Her attention was more on the brief image of tiny caps of mushrooms peaking out from underneath the layer of orange. That could make for a cute little image, and she remained silent for a moment as she did her best to remember the scenery.

"Tempura mushrooms?" Utsu mused, "that does sound interesting... I think I've only had them stir-fried before."

Easing herself down on one knee beside him, she reached out for one of them. "Mind if I take a few? I was thinking of a painting..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3