Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Perfect Isn't Easy (D2, LE - Party side-thread)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 pm 

Seeing as they were celebrating a wedding, Utsusemi had changed to one of her more stylish ensembles; a creme-colored kimono with incredibly detailed dragon motif and a forest-green obi with golden embroidery resembling the scales of a dragon.

Spotting a familiar princess in the gathering, the Agasha matron gestured discreetly with her fan for Seppun Hinami to join her for a brief walk nearby; one of those subtle signals courtiers learned during their training.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Perfect Isn't Easy (D2, LE - Party side-thread)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:28 am 

Hinami noticed the dragon lady subtle gesture and went to where she was. The Seppun princess took out her fan, just in case, had to be prepared since the dragon lady was and still is a very well trained courtier. She will not underestimate her, not again.

'' Konban-wa, Agasha Utsusemi-san'' Hinami said as she respectfully bowed to the Agasha. '' Quite a nice party, Dont you think? '' Just a polite conversation starter, in reality Hinami has not do anything and was just walking around during all this time.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:33 am 

"Konbanwa, Seppun-san," the mother of Dragons bowed respectfully to the Imperial princess. "Ah, it is quite a fine event... though I admit it makes me a little nostalgic of my own wedding celebrations."

Utsusemi seemed perfectly calm and relaxed.

"I trust you have been well? Yesterday was quite the hectic day, and I was unavailable to find a time to seek you out for a more, hm, friendly conversation."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 am 

'' I have been well, thanks for asking. And you? '' She asked. '' Hai, it was a busy day. But I suppose it was nothing compared to how Miya Odorihime's-sama day must had been. ''

The Seppun girl also seemed to be calm, yet there was something, she seemed a bit different than usual.

'' Well, I guess we could talk now without others interfering... '' She clearly commented about the Kakita duelist that intervened during the garden party.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 am 

"The days have been kind, thank you," she nodded politely.

At the comment without interferences, Utsusemi chuckled mirthfully. "Ah, hai. The Crane did seem rather overeager that day. Perhaps you see why I approached you first, Seppun-san, before someone with a less kinder streak did? Believe it or not, I was once in a similar situation when I was your age."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 am 

'' I suppose she should give you her thanks, if you, Agasha-san, would had not been there I would had put her in her place. Really, I do wonder what she was trying to do, call a duel against the daughter of the Seppun Kentoshi-dono? She didn't really grasped the situation she was getting into...''

''...nor did I '' She sighs. '' Well, i guess we all have moments to learn from our mistakes. I should also give you my thanks, Agasha-san '' She bowed to the dragon.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 am 

Utsu bowed in return. "All I ask is that you learned well from the encounter, young princess. Just because you are the daughter of Seppun-dono does not mean there will not be sharks in the waters of court, eager for a bite."

She closed her fan, letting it rest against the palm of her hand. "The Kakita on her own is no one of consequence, merely a blade to be utilized. Had a higher-ranking Crane approached in my stead, Kakita-san would have been an eager champion for the cause of her kinsman. That is how the Crane have controlled the courts for a long time - either with more allies to cover for them, or a skilled duelist by their side." She smirked wryly. "I should know, having done such myself in the courts while I was still a Doji."

"And once, that did make me think I was invincible. I was wrong. Like yourself, I got carried away with reprimanding someone who had been wrong, and I was making a fool of myself by acting without Courtesy and Compassion. I was fortunate that one of my seniors stepped in to firmly make me back down, otherwise I would probably have made an even bigger fool of myself."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:31 am 

That was the part that Hinami hated about the Crane clan. She really admired those that in that clan protected the arts and cultural achievements but she really hated their system of controlling the courts.

Hinami nods, but there was still doubt in her mind. Compassion indeed is a virtue and part of the bushido code, but in the service of the throne, nothing is really dishonorable, there's no space for compassion to those that wrong the imperial families, right? Her Otomo upbringing clearly clashed with the concept of compassion.

Yet she is doubting. Indeed, she acted recklessly and with stupidity during the garden party, there's no doubt about that. Utsusemi's words plus Akodo Meikuko's-sama testing made her rethink what is right and what is wrong.

'' Do you think we must show compassion to those who wrong us?...'' She asked. Her On was definitely lower than usual, she looked more like a young girl than a trained Otomo viper.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 am 

"How can our Compassion be tested if we cannot even show it to our enemies?" the Dragon retorted with a calm smile as she looked at Hinami. "Though I do think there is a limit, of course..."

Utsusemi mused, looking at the scenery lit by the paper lanterns.

"Court, no... life, is a challenge in finding balance. When the smiths of my family forge swords, they must find the perfect balance of soft and hard; too hard and it becomes brittle, not hard enough and its cutting edge is dulled. As it is in life. We must have a balance between unforgiving harshness to our enemies, and the softer side of Compassion that encourages us to turn an enemy into a friend."

She favoured the girl with a maternal smile. "We are not bushi, but we are swords of our families, in a more metaphorical sense, neh?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:37 pm 

'' I understand that Agasha-san but what if by us showing compassion we only encourage our enemies to betray us in the future? They already attacked us one time they could certainly try again. Using our compassion to their benefit, turning it into a weakness...If they attacked in the first place, they are not our friends.'' She countered Utsu's comment.

'' If we let those that attack us uncontrolled, we are doing a diservice to our lords and to the throne.'' The young Seppun said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 am 

"'Tis true, they have and they could," she agreed, not minding the small debate.

"Do you propose then we answer with aggression whenever we encounter someone who might be an enemy?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 am 

'' Hmmm agression is a strong word. I may suggest instead control...'' She said. '' Control is better than outright destruction. In go, you don't destroy your enemy, you position your stones and surround him keeping him under check.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 pm 

"Hmm," the older woman mused. "How easier it would be if people were as simple as Go Stones. The Stones never move except for where you place them, and have no will or desire of their own."

She looked at Hinami with a steady gaze. "People generally try to resist others controlling them, no?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:59 am 

'' Perhaps. But a stone needs no to know that it has been under control. You just place it where you think is the best position, same as a soldier, he does not need to know the entire campaign strategic movements. He does what his general tells.'' She finished her analogy.

'' They will not resist since they don't know the big picture.'' She adds.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 am 

Utsusemi sighed. "Easier said than done. There is always a soldier, regardless of the battlefield, who thinks he know better."

She smiled innocently. "Have we not all felt once or twice that we knew better than our betters? From marriage to a particular assignment. "

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]