Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: The Realm of the Salty Hog [LM4]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:09 pm 

"Hornets. Snakes. Leopards. But the spiders are probably the worst." She stroked her bow. "Not many use bows, but in the wet jungle they work better than muskets." She smiled at him. "And I have just enough strength to string it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:13 am 

"Little spiders?" Yasuhiro asked while raising a eyebrow. They didn't seem like they would be much of a problem, as small as they were but you never know.

"Musket is not good weapon for hunting, too loud and smelly. Bow is good, quiet, can go farther. Does not stink either. Koritome are family of bowpeople." The lion finished with a smile, at least she seemed to see the bows strength.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:14 pm 

"They are not little." She shook her head, some dismay in her eyes at the thought of spiders. "But you're a great archer, so you should be fine. Just don't let them bite you. In the jungle, don't let anything bite you or scratch you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 pm 

Large spiders? That sounded strange, but this world was full of oddities. "Will be careful." He affirmed with a nod. "Though wonder how you know I great Archer?"

"You can see such things without out seeing oneself shoot?"

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 pm 

"I don't know for sure, Senor. I assumed. It was something you said, or maybe something in what I see in you." She regarded him with a thoughtfully bitten lip. "Am I wrong then?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:04 pm 

"Not wrong." He offered with a slight smile. "Lion are right hand of emperor, greatest warriors. Koritome best Archers in Lion. Yasuhiro." He mentioned to himself. "Is good archer among Koritome. Could make me great Archer, among most."

"Maybe show some time so you see?" Yasuhiro offered at last, looking at the young woman to see how she might respond. "Maybe you show your skill as well?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 am 

"I think I could learn a lot from you, Senor." She smiled humbly. "But I will be happy to be told what I do wrong." On instinct, she put an arrow on the string, and in a very much Rokugani "Arrow Knows The Way" style of archery she took down a coconut.

LM4. Consider Coconut Shot Down.: 6d10o10k3 26

Picking it up, she used the opening the arrow made to make a larger hole with a small knife, then offered it to Yasuhiro.

"Please, you must be thirsty."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:34 am 

"Good shot." The Lion offered with a nod of approval. "Have talent." Yasuhiro offered with a slight smile, as he studied her form for a few moments. "Not much time teach here, take lot practice, arms good, feet need to stand better." He offered with a nod, walking with her as she went to pick up the object that had been shot down.

"What is?" He asked as she handed it towards him; taking it in his hand, he brought it towards his nose to sniff carefully, before taking a small sip. It was a interesting flavor, and he took another sip before swallowing. Satisfied he handed it back towards her, careful not to touch her on either passing of the fruit.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 am 

"A coco. A nut? Milk is good, kernel is nice too. It's fatty and sweet, many uses in cooking." She accepted it back and took a sip too not minding his lips had touched it before, then offered it once again. "Drink up, Senor, and we can halve it so you can look inside." She paused. "I'll work on my footing then."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:41 pm 

"A coco?" He asked, as he stowed his bow for a few moments. "Spiders big, nuts big, everything big here?" It certainly seemed possible. Accepting the coco back, he reached into his knimono and produced a small cloth, he used it to wipe away where her lips touched. "Is not proper." He offered in explanation. "Man and woman try not touch before marry." There was a small pause as he tried to figure out the proper word. "Is.... Lewd?" He thought that was right.

Drinking portion cleared, he tipped the Coco to his lips once again, finishing it and handing it back towards the gaijin woman, once again careful not to touch her. "Thanks many times."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:00 am 

"What a strange idea, Senor!" Agata's eyes went wide in surprise, and her lips parted in amazement as she didn't know whether to be amused or embarrassed. "Sharing food is holy, not... lewd." She accepted the coco back and put the knife in the hole to crack it wider and asunder. She was drilling a hole in the ground with her gaze concurrently, a slight blush claiming her cheeks. "Not lewd at all, Kharsis protect me." Wordlessly and not looking at him, she passed him his private half, then demonstrated how to cut the kernel. "You're welcome."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:10 am 

"Perhaps wrong word?" The young lion asked as he looked at the young woman curious about her reaction. "Sharing food good, but touching lips to where lips touched is bad... what is word?" He pondered it for a moment. "Bad like wear sandals in house, or not bowing to fother samurai."

He accepted the piece of coco, watching as she showed him how to eat it. "Is good." He offered after tasting a piece.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:09 am 

She had to think hard on the examples he gave. "Dirty? Impure? Unclean?" She scrubbed her part of the kernel in silence for a moment, wondering how to respond. Finally, with her wrist rather than hand she pointed to her head and her heart. "I think it is not unclean if intentions are pure..." She might have finally found what he was referring to, so she looked up. "I have no scurvy."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:37 am 

He shook his head a soft frown crossing features. "Is not dirty like stained sleeve I mean. you not be dirty" This was really rather difficult all things considered. "You no touch lips with stranger, because it is? Not right? Is not thing shojo... young girl do. Makes it what?" Perhaps she could fill in the blanks?

The mention of another strange word, caught his attention. "What be scurvy?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:25 pm 

"Makes it not a kiss. A kiss is a kiss and it's not it. It's sharing food. If I were tending your wounds and touched your skin then, would that be bad too because I am a young girl? It's the purity of thought that matters. I've been so taught." She looked at him strangely, wondering why the might have had lewd associations even if she intended none. "And scurvy is when mouth rots on the inside and teeth fall out. Common among sailors. Cabbage, cucumber and lemons are good to avoid it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:06 pm 

This is was frustrating, reaching up a hand he massaged his temples for a moment. "Bad for everyone not wed." He offered. "Bad for me to touch, bad for you to touch, goes for all. Must ask first... Like this."

"One must tend to wounds, is okay? Flesh may touch flesh?" Yasuhiro offered his tone explanatory. "If hurt one can not answer, can treat anyways, but say sorry later." He finished with a nod.

"No drink from bottle drink from cup for same reason."

"Ah! This I have seen! Very bad, you say cabbage cucumber and remon fix?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:11 pm 

"Customs of your people." She shrugged in acceptance. "Not too hard to respect." To the other question she just nodded, finishing her coconut, then threw the shell away and picked up the bow. "I'll lead you out to the beach now if it's all right, Senor? If you want to find me later, on this side I live on in Genta's Mill, on the other I stay at the church."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 am 

"Yes custom." He replied with a nod recognizing that word at least, though he was rather certain he had upset her somewhere along the line. "It fine, though am not lost." He gestured in the general direction of his ship. "Ship that way."

"Is too bad we no find missing people." He tossed away his own finished Coconut and offered her a bow. "Thanks much for help, if you want learn bow, I find you, way to say thanks. If not maybe we meet, maybe not. Fortunes only know."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:03 pm 

"If Kharsis wills it, Senor. It was a great experience for me to meet you today. If I find any more survivors, I'll find a way to let you know. And I'd like some shooting lessons." She curtsied humbly. "Be safe and sound." After that, she gave a glance to the ships behind the treeline and headed north, back into the thicket.

/exit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 am 

"I find you sometime then." He offered easily, offering her a bow, slightly deeper then his earlier one before she departed. Soon enough he was making his way back onto the beach, if more people weren't found he'd have to look again later.

Merenaese

Page 3 of 3 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3