Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm

Page 1 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Saving Private Sanjuro (D4, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm 

Seeing the condition of Sanjuro as Kenzo returned to the ship with him, Utsu had thought her heart was going to sink to the bottom of the ocean as concern overwhelmed her. Even more when she had realised when there was nothing she could do to save his life with her own meager skills... If Kenzo had not been there to be her rock in this crisis, she wasn't sure what she would do, but at least with him she had managed to agree to head into port to see if they could find someone who could help.

As they approached the port, she couldn't help but to notice something that looked like a traditional shrine near the water's edge, and after pointing it out to Kenzo, the two Dragons approached what they thought was maybe a place with monks or priests.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Saving Private Sanjuro (D4, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:42 pm 

For his part, Kenzo was clearly exhausted. The long trials of the voyage, combined with the heavy exertions of the morning, had left him with significantly less energy than usual, even after a meal and a quick wash. Dark circles stood out under his eyes, and there was a bit of a slump to his shoulders.

Telling Utsu had been hard, too. Watching her spirits sink had made his own heart want to break. But it also stiffened his resolve. At a glance from her, Kenzo straightened, giving her a brief smile of back.

Kenzo first grunted acknowledgement, then managed a more cheerful "Good idea, Utsu-sama." Indeed, it did seem like a good idea. Kenzo let her lead the way, but followed close behind, doing his best to at least appear alert and watchful.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 pm 

She nodded slightly, pressing herself too to maintain a brave face.

"... I'm sorry, I should have thanked you for finding him," she murmured, keeping a close step to Kenzo. The architecture of the place looked familiar, but it was still unknown territory, and for all she knew the place could be infested with evil ghosts... or worse, criminal thugs.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 pm 

Others entered the odd shrine. Unfortunately, they were not priests. Edogawa still felt sore, but he was able to walk about and explore the port a little, with Nari and Lopez at his side. He had questions of a spiritual nature. Questions that were best nor asked within the Empire.

Seeing the three Dragon, he offered a bow. He was no healer, however, and chose not to pry into their concerns. Instead, he examined the various items on display, wondering if he'd recognize any of them.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm 

Perhaps Utsusemi could take some comfort in Kenzo adopting the typical bushi swagger. He let his shoulders sway a little, his daisho noticeable as it shifted with the motion of his body. All in all, he seemed to take up a little bit more space than usual.

He managed a comforting at her words. "I was happy to help, Utsu-sama. I just wish I could have gotten to him sooner." He sighed. "But Agasha Sanjuro-sama is tough. I'm quite sure he'll pull through, especially if we find proper help for him."

He glanced at the Miya, returning the bow respectfully, if a bit stiffly, fatigue pulling at him. He glanced at Utsusemi, letting her take the conversational lead, if she desired.

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 pm 

The shift in posture was a little reassuring, as it seemed to give Kenzo that little extra confidence and energy that had been taken from them earlier. "Hai... he is hardy... the Mirumoto-training being part of it, I suppose."

She wasn't so sure if he would make it without help, and there still seemed to be a little bit of chaos about who was lost at sea in the storm.

Noticing the Miya, it took her a moment to place the familiar face, even if the two of them had never been introduced. It was still difficult to forget the garden party, after all.

"Miya-san. It seems you made it here safely."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 pm 

'Barely." he nodded. "I was swept away and washed up on shore. Is that what happened to Agasha Sanjuro-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 pm 

Kenzo gave Utsu a bit of a smirk for the compliment. "No doubt." He murmured.

At Edo's question, after a brief hesitation, and another flickered glance towards Utsu, he bowed. "Yes, Miya-sama. But while I was able to find him, and bring him back to the ships, he was unconscious, and remains so. It seems he encountered some nasty wasps, and their venom has him incapacitated." His voice was just a little heavy as he spoke, a sign of his fatigue.

Straightening, he grimaced. "With personnel from the fleet scattered, finding someone who can treat him has been difficult. We'd hoped to find someone here, perhaps, and bring them back to Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:12 pm 

He nodded. "Forgive me, I overheard some of your discussion. Unfortunately, I cannot help you myself, but we will see if we can find someone who can."

He turned to the man with him "Lopez, could you see if you could find a local healer? It is regarding injuries in the storm and wasp stings."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 pm 

Utsusemi bowed her head. He was still a Miya, and still had his status, despite all that had happened. "Any help is appriciated, Miya-san. Sanjuro-san is my husband's younger brother... It's my obligation to see to his well-being. I would ask one of the shugenja, but it is still hard to know which ones are still with us after the storm..."

She tilted her head sideways as she noted his Merenaese. He seemed to speak it very well. "Are you hurt? I have some basic knowledge of treating normal injuries."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 pm 

"Asahina Yajinden-sama assisted with some of my wounds." he answered. "I could ask for his aid with Agasha Sanjuro-san, but I do not know how soon he would be available. As he explained it, the help of the kami is also somewhat limited out here."

"I am still quite sore, however, if you know of anything that could help with that."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 pm 

Utsusemi tensed a little. Yajinden was a friend of her husband, and would probably assist... but she wasn't sure if Sanjuro would approve of it. It would have to be a last resort option.

"It's a relief to hear Asahina-sama is safe and sound, but no doubt his skills are highly requested at this point... if there is no other way, I will have to impose upon him." She said with a polite tone, before nodding. "Hai, I can do something for that. If we can find somewhere to sit down...?"

The woman slipped off the satchel from her shoulder, as she seemed to be carrying her medicine kit with her.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 pm 

"Hai."

Edogawa found a place and sat. Nari licked at his face a few times, before curling up beside him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 pm 

The sight of the dog did make her smile a little easier for a moment, as she joined the Miya by his side. "Good to see your companion made it through the storm, at least."

"Could you please tell me where the soreness is still troubling you, Miya-san?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:10 pm 

For his part, Kenzo was briefly entirely transfixed by the dog. "Hello, there." He murmured to it.

"Is your dog friendly, Miya-sama?" Kenzo asked. He didn't wait for an answer as he knelt down, offering the dog his hand as the others worked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:13 pm 

"All over." he chuckled. Then he winced. "Primarily here, though."

He indicated his side. A few of his ribs had not taken the collision with the bulwark well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Hm, I see," she nodded thoughtfully, and began looking through the medicine kit

Glancing over to Kenzo and the dog, another smile came easily.

---

Rolls done so you don't have to wait on it
D4 LA Medicine/Int for Edogawa. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 21
D4 LA Healing Wounds for Edogawa. +1k0 from raise: 2d10o10k1 19 (Orokos is such a troll. Only got 2 on my previous Healing)

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 pm 

Nari was all to happy to make a new friend. He licked at the Dragon's hand and moved closer.

As Utsusemi inspected and wrapped the ribs, the Miya grunted a bit. But, he sighed in relief once it was over.

"Thank you, Agasha-sama. That is much better."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:36 pm 

"Awww..." Kenzo patted the dog with one hand, scratching behind the ears. It seemed he was acquainted enough with dogs to know how to pet them.

He cast a glance back at the seated pair, meeting Utsu's smile with one of his own, some of his fatigue vanishing. Or, at least, being pushed aside for the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm 

"Happy to help," she nodded, adjusting the bandages a little.

"... How did it go with the Grace's crew? I noticed all the ships held out in the storm, but it is hard to get reports on the losses."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next