Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Page 2 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Saving Private Sanjuro (D4, Late Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:03 am 

"Most of the crew is fine." he answered. "Besides myself, Shosuro Anzai and Doji Haruka were also lost during the storm. But, I have heard they were located. Hanei-no-kimi and his entourage were kept safe. The Grace, itself, sustained relatively minor damage."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 am 

Some elderly pensioners of the shrine were drinking cheap rum and chatting, dangling their legs above water while seated on the pier with the torii arc defining their horizon. The newcomers attracted some attention but old folks were not sensationalist enough to rush in for gossip and autographs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:06 am 

She nodded, and noticed what were probably the residents of this shrine. They didn't seem like monks, or priests.

"Seems like we at least have found someone to ask," she tucked the medicine kit away again in her satchel, rising to greet the old foks. At least they were old, so they had probably retired to become monks, right?

"Ko..." Utsusemi paused, clearing her throat as she reminded herself that she was not in Rokugan. "Buenas tardes," she said as she started her greeting again, giving them a quick bow. Her accent was quite noticeable. "We are travellers, newly arrived in this port and seeking aid."

If these old men want kisses on the cheek I will protest, loudly.

Last edited by Agasha Utsusemi on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 am 

Seeing Utsusemi approach the strangers, Kenzo gave Nari one last pet, and then rose gracefully to his feet. He moved to join her, standing behind and to the side, automatically adopting a yojimbo's pose, his arms casually folded.

His eyebrows went up, and he gave Utsusemi a quick glance. He didn't realize she'd picked up the language so quickly. Of course, he knew she had a clever tongue... his lips twisted. Goodness, but they needed to find some privacy, and soon.

Last edited by Mirumoto Kenzo on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:18 am 

"Welcome to the island!" One of the old men, with toothless smile and probably unseeing eyes, greeted her. "Did you come on Indigo?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:23 am 

Nari and Edogawa moved to join the others.

"Our ships haven't been here before, either."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 am 

"Indigo?" she sounded a little uncertain, not quite sure what he was referring to. Didn't seem like Edogawa knew either. "No, we came with many ships. The storm brought us here... many fell from the ships, and waves brought them to shore."

"I am
Agasha Utsusemi, my friends with me here are Miya Edogawa, and Mirumoto Kenzo. Are you the..." she paused, searching for what might be the right word, "keepers, of this shrine?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:37 am 

"So many strange names! I don't recognise this island any more. In my days, people had simple names, Juan, Jorge. What has the world come to!" He laughed heartily, shaking his rum bottle. "Oh, we used to be kippers! I kipped several salmonettes in my days, oh glorious days of hard work, tits and wine!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:43 am 

The Miya laughed, clutching his still tender side.

"This place." he motioned around them. "What is it?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:48 am 

Utsusemi held her frown back. It did seem like she had not spoken properly, or chosen the wrong word.

She waited for Edogawa's question to be answered instead. He did seem to have more fluency with the language than she did.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:54 am 

"The home of good old... hum... what's the name... I always didn't know how to tell it right... Kasuga! Yes, that's it, Kasuga, the founder of the glorious port!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:59 am 

"Agasha Kasuga." he smiled. "He came here with Teodoro Cornejo from Rokugan. He was from people of the mountains who called themselves Dragon. These two are also Dragons.

He pointed to their mind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 am 

"Oh-oh! His family came here for a visit? A pity he's not around here any more." The man scratched his spotted head. "I don't think he ever was. But Cornejo, oh I know that one, I know him well! I sailed with him up here, right from my little home in La Corna. What was I, twelve? Oh how I vomited all the way up here, ha-ha!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:12 am 

She looked curiously at Edogawa, shifting slightly in her stance as she tried to keep her impatience and worry under control.

Tilting her head back, she looked at the architecture around them again. It looked very much like a shrine, but it didn't seem like it was a holy place with priests or monks at all. But if this port was founded by an Agasha, there was maybe something left behind by the now-dead Agasha Kasuga, which could be of interest to Ryuden...

No, stay focused. Even if I don't think we will find help here. Maybe Akarei made it through the storm and can help?

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 am 

"I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell." he gave the Agasha an understanding look. "What about the wasps on this island? Any tales of encountering a swarm of them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:28 am 

"Wasps. My Kharsis!" The old man shuddered. "One of those monsters stung Rodrigo and he was dead by midnight! All swelled on him, like on a corpse in water!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 am 

Utsusemi tried not to look visibly upset, but she didn't do a great job of it.

"Are there any antidotes for those who are stung?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 am 

"We have a friend, another of Kasuga's family, who has been stung."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:45 am 

The downside of having a broad education was that Kenzo was generally used to having at least some idea of what was going on around him. He kept his expression neutral, but a careful eye might note a tiny crease in his forehead, or the occasional clenching of his hands. But it was very slight; he was well-trained, after all.

Even not understanding the words, some things transcended language, and the old men did seem rather... silly. Seeing the mild signs of Utsu's impatience, as well as Edo's sympathetic look, he gave her a look with eyebrow just slightly raised. His attention returned to the old man, though, when Utsu's interest in him seemed to suddenly sharpen once more.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:48 am 

"Hey, compagneros, is there a way to bring back the man stung by those jungle hornets?" The pensioner called to others. They went thoughtful for a longer while, but then gulped their rum and shook their heads. Except one, a stuttering one. "Maa...ybeeee...."

Page 2 of 4 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next