Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Page 2 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Complicated Diplomacy (D7, LM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 pm 

At least the last comment there was something she could agree it, even if she did not express it so vocally.

"I feel crime is stretching it a bit far... after all, are we not taught that we should be kind and compassionate to fellow travellers? Kasuga would probably not have turned them away." She paused a little. "If they do not help with the upkeep, would that be better?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:55 pm 

"And what do you know about good old Kasuga? Huh? Huh?" The geezer showed how little he thought she knew by the narrow space between two fingers. "This much! We know how it was! You murdered him, you pansy Imperios, and now you call his name when usuring his place of memory?" The man spat in disgust into the brackish water. "If these be guests, they have fucking overstayed their welcome because they have NO RESPECT! You think you can just come like this anywhere you want and bully us, then cover it up with sweet words, Missy Angelface? NO, YOU CAN'T!" The people's spokesman was getting more vocal, feeling the murmuring support behind him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:39 pm 

The 'angelface' frowned slightly.

"You may have already forgotten, but when I first came here, I introduced myself to you: I am Uxue of the Agasha - I am of the same family as Kasuga," she reminded them, raising her voice so even those hard-of-hearing got it this time. "If anything, I would say that you have shown little respect for the house of someone bearing my family's name, as you have let it fall into disrepair."

"The Agasha value understanding and compassion. As did Kasuga. So shall we both honour Kasuga properly and reach a compromise that is satisfactory to us both?"

It was not something she would normally boast of in the Empire, but Utsusemi had to agree that this was not the Empire, and Kasuga was not reviled on this island but rather a founder.

----

D7 LM Courtier (Manipulation)/Awa. Doji Courtier 1 to learn of what they might need that we can trade in return to reach a compromise. +5 FR Doji Courtier 1. Opposed by Etiquette (Courtesy)/Awa: 7d10ro1o10k4+5 45

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:28 am 

"You invade and then call for a compromise, like a mugger who wants to take my money but is generous to leave my pants on." The dissenting geezer harrumphed. "The sea depths are littered with good intentions. But the long and the short of it is that you took our home."

[They want to live here as they have, undisturbed and unmolested by outsiders. The only way to compromise would be to find a new shelter for them they could find attractive for their pensionering purposes... Some can be probably bribed with booze.]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am 

At least he wasn't shouting now. Perhaps they were getting somewhere.

"Excuse me, as I bring the others up to speed. They do not speak Merenaese," Utsusemi gave them a brief bow, turning her head to look at Sakia and Kaiya.

"Right... seems they're not really much of the sharing type, and are unwilling to accept these as temporary conditions until the temple could be built. I am honestly quite baffled that they do not seem to care about the upkeep of this place, even when it is serving as their home, and they have no care for those who might live there after them," she sighed faintly. "Would either of you might have a suggestion? As the ships are going in and out each day now as the fleet is exploring, it would be rather cumbersome for the monks and workers to return to the ship."

Utsusemi glanced only briefly to the temple. "If we might find somewhere else for the monks to stay, or for the old folks to stay... but I have a feeling that it will be harder to move the old folks. If possible though, I would like to have what Kasuga might have left behind returned to the family."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:53 am 

There is some quiet conversation between Sakia and Kaiya before Sakia took a single step back and looked to Kaiya's hands as the woman placed herself in front of Agasha Utsusemi. As Kaiya signed, the girl just behind her and to the right where she had clear view spoke on her behalf. Almost as if the hand motions themselves made the sounds.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama finds that this is the moral degradation of their belief. Within their belief they believe that each soul is unique and moves on to another place they call heaven when their time has finally come. It is in this which their morals have corroded away from the core as they hold a sense of entitlement after long lives of service. They allow all to fall apart around them and care not for the condition they leave this plane of existence within. It is reprehensible and Seppun Kaiya-sama does not see a proper shrine as somewhere to allow these men to inhabit. Certainly some may be offered to see the errors of their ways through dutiful service and find some sense of belonging once again but she does not see why we should feed into this corrupted sense of entitlement by giving them anything."

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm 

"All points I agree with, though it does not answer the problem of where we might relocate them without causing too much trouble. There is still the matter of our orders to not cause unrest with the locals." Utsu reminded calmly. This was a time for ideas, but if the youngsters had none... well, she'd have to think of something.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm 

Moving these geezers anywhere near anyone else would cause unrest, just look at them, Kaiya suffered the thought silently and then glanced to Sakia before resuming again.

"Seppun Kaiya-sama suggest offering the crowd a chance to find some peace individually, allowing some of them to approach the end of their lives with honor and respect by learning from the monks within the temple. All others may be offered accommodations found elsewhere."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 am 

Utsusemi rose an eyebrow. While she was in agreement with Kaiya that these geezers were horrible and were shaming a building that was intended as a shrine of some sorts, it somehow felt... wrong.

"... I do think it might just be easier to leave them be, considering this was only a temporary location for the monks until the temple to Sadahako could be built," she murmured, though keeping her tone open so as to not make it seem like she was dismissing Kaiya/Sakia's input. "They were here first, and from what I understand, these pensioners are allowed to stay here by the local authorities... even if it is wrong. It feels a bit wrong to demand that they be the ones to seek new places to live."

The older woman sighed. "I had just thought they would not mind the presence of the monks, seeing as they would help in maintaining the building."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:05 am 

"If Seppun Kaiya-sama is correct many of these men will see the oportunity before them to learn from our monks in how to properly live in a temple such as this and may even find the happiness we all know resides in dutiful service," Sakia said as Kaiya looked out over to the crowd. Kaiya's hands ever conducting her voice.

"Perhaps not all, but some must be able to see the errors of their ways and will wish to accept this opportunity once they are offered the chance to individually from this spokesperson of theirs. Once those lines have been drawn within the group the middle will see the benefits gained and the happiness achieved by those who choose to learn from our monks while they stay and perhaps once this is over they may rejoin their others and properly care for this place."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:15 am 

Utsusemi gave Kaiya's/Sakia's suggestion due consideration. It wasn't something that she had considered herself, but she saw no reason not to try it. "It was not my first option, but there is wisdom in your suggestion, Seppun-san. I will try to appeal to their honour once more, in a way that might make them want to see this place restored." The lady Agasha nodded to the two women, then turned her attention fully back to the group of old men.

"My friend, Kaiya of the noble family of the Seppun, wishes for me to speak this to all of you," Utsusemi raised her voice as she made it clear this was directed to them all, not just the mainspeaker. "We were unaware of how Kasuga was revered on this island when we first arrived, but we understand and notice you hold a great deal of respect for him. As you said before, there is much you gentlemen know about Kasuga that we do not, and we understand that few here would match your knowledge about his history on Kameyama Jima. Myself being of the the same family as Kasuga, we would be honored if you would consider teaching us from Rokugan about his history here, so that our monks can bring your wisdom with them before they leave. That way, we can all bring honour to his legacy."

---

Courtier (Manipulation)/Awareness? Playing to their previous stance on Kasuga and their egos, hopefully, since they like to be "old wise men" xD

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 am 

Agasha Kasuga, and the understanding of his ways from Wataru, had caused the fall of the samurai not more than one year ago, so the new Gusai was surprised to see the dedication of those men to the ways of the Dragon. He was in awe as he listened to Utsusemi and Kaiya debate a way to have them stay, or not, in the temple.

His temper had calmed, and now his voice was back to normal, though his stance was still high and mighty. "I find no trouble in you staying in the temple as long as you behave accordingly to what is civil and appropriate. I understand that you see these monks as usurpers and unfit to live here and understand Agasha Kasuga.
Yet they are still holy men from our nation, and need a place to rest, and this is the only temple of our ways. They need a temporary place to stay, and could learn much from this land and Agasha Kasuga by sharing time with you.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 pm 

"Then find them a home that is not someone else's if you like them that much, and tell them to stop defiling our place. The maybe we can weather their presence a few more days before they're gone."

The man huffed.

"If you leave one and some of those who do the cleaning then they can stay longer if they behave."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm 

Not that she felt like the monks were defiling the place, but rather that the old geezers were the defilers... even so, she refused to be riled up.

The Seppun's suggestion had been sound, but this seemed like a worthwhile compromise. It should be possible to find another place for a few people to stay, and some could remain here for a little longer.

"That does sound acceptable." She nodded. "I will speak with them about this."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

The geezers let her pass. Inside, she found a disgruntled monk who told her his side of a story that involved a lot of troublesome issues hard to describe without using coarse wording, so the monk was struggling. But he led her to the place where memorabilia had been stored in boxes. After a short search she found a dirty and smelly tabi that could have belonged to Kasuga alone because of how long it had not been washed. That did affect her will to continue perusing...

Page 2 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2