Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Forgetting Some Things is Unspeakable [Day 8, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 pm 

After the time with the others gathered for Yajinden's meeting. Seppun Kaiya left alone, having left Sakia behind to deliver a message to someone she had wished to join her on a walk through the gardens. Taking up a slow pace so that the others may follow she looked to the flowers that held all of the colors of the world, it seemed. Not one misplaced or left out of the arrangements that covered this field completely.

How anyone could walk through these fields and not admire their beauty was beyond her.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

Post subject: Re: Forgetting Some Things is Unspeakable [Day 8, Late Morni
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:20 pm 

They were quite beautiful. But, Edogawa was all but oblivious to the gardens. He had kept his distance for so long, knowing the danger of rumors following him, even in the middle of the ocean. Now, however, it seemed so unimportant.

"Good morning, Seppun-san."

"The gardens are more beautiful with you here."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am 

Kaiya turned to Edogawa at the greeting, waving Sakia off with a hand and a simple nod of appreciation. Turning more fully to Edogawa the woman betrayed herself with the lightness to a smile she allowed between them. Taking in a deep breath through her nostrils. Letting the ease she felt slide throughout her person.

'I missed you, Edogawa,' she offered in her sign. Something more was hinted in the smile that remained at her lips. Some sense of pride that was impossible to diminish.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 pm 

"Yes, I've been well."

"I've missed you." his smile mirrored hers. "I should have come to you sooner. I wanted to. But, I don't think I could have left your side, if I had."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 pm 

Kitsu Keiji was also walking in the gardens that morning, having accepted the Governor's invitation to view the luxuriant blooms of the Floral Estates. From afar, the young Lion could see Kaiya and Edogawa; a tinge of regret touched his face, but he kept a respectful distance from them.

Instead, Keiji found one of the estate's attendants. "I am Ship Captain Kitsu Keiji," he said. "Please give Governor Muhaki my regards, and if she is receiving callers, I should be honored if she would grant me a few moments of her time."

--
[EDIT: I didn't realize there was a moratorium on NPC Requests at the moment. Sorry about that. Please delay this request until you have time, I'm just trying to lay roleplaying groundwork for later plans.]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:46 am 

'Much has been happening Edogawa,' she started immediately. Kaiya's hands remained calm and collected on the outside but her desire to rush into the topic was clear as day. 'Our mutual friend has suggested the possibility that your mistakes back in Rokugan may not have exactly the lasting repercussions on your person as you might have believed. There might be a way.'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 am 

"You've settled well into the island? I've been staying in La Nueva Esperanza."

"I have been reminded that I have rarely listened to my mother and advised that I shouldn't start." he smiled. "I have begun to redeem myself. I think we may still find a way, Kaiya-chan."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 am 

'It continues with you repairing that boat,' she signed, pleased to have a course of action that would bring them closer to something far more manageable than she'd realized. Looking to Edogawa she awaited if he had any news of his own to share.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 am 

"I agree. The island is quite beautiful."

"I intend to repair it fully." he nodded. "But, there are many thing happening here. Things I think I can finally explain. These should be kept secret, of course."

Even though he was using her sign language, he glanced around. "I believe the Prince is seeking something his grandfather and his father had a hand in out here. It involves the Empire and the Kingdom of Merenae. It will likely involve the Prince's sister."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 am 

'There will come a time, and I am certain it will be sooner than not that speaking like this will no longer be safe,' she was sure to say before they continued any further. Letting out a held breath with her eyes closed for a single moment of time.

Returning to him, she continued, 'You mentioned the Prince's sister back in Rokugan, who is this woman, do you know?'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am 

"It feels much different here than back on the mainland."

"I know." he nodded. There was a pause. He only knew signs for certain names. "Muhaki Ka-ta-ri-na."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am 

It was strange, it was lengthy, but signing the specific characters to spell the name was the only way to really do it until a personalized name could be established between the two speakers. Perhaps, in time, one might find a way to make this a more accessible thing with their customs. However, for now, it served well enough as it was.

'How is that possible?' she asked, a touch incredulous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:39 am 

"But, many things out here remind me of home."

"The Emperor grew up within the Tortoise." he explained. "He fathered her just before the Empress called him to the Empire, to take the Throne. When she was old enough, she sailed after him, hoping to find him. Instead, she found me, as I was struggling to understand who I was. She left before I could help her. But, she helped me understand that some of my memories, of a previous life, are her grandfather's."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am 

'That is,' Kaiya paused, thinking of the proper words. Using this as an opportunity to turn and start walking through the flower gardens. Yet unaware of the Lion's presence within them, a moment from her past that she had not thought on in a long time yet.

'Intricate,' she chose as a phrase though signing it was not as proper as words. Asking the next two questions without pause, each of equal value to her. 'Who knows of this? What do you intend to do?'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm 

"There are a few that know pieces. They know about my spiritual condition. They may be aware of her relation to the Emperor. Not many know his origins." he said as they walked. "Obviously, the Princes know, as do those close to them. I told my mother, to explain myself. Muhaki Be-le-re-na learned on her own. I haven't seen Ka-ta-ri-na yet, but I told her husband, so he could prepare her. The Prince wants to meet her."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm 

The governess, dressed in a pink doublet, blue breeches, a laced shirt with jabot, with her hair semi-nonchalantly gathered in a low horsetail by a pink ribbon, and a matching blue tricome on her head, was taking a casual stroll across the gardens, walking out her small chihuahueño called Fufu on a long leash. She was fanning herself gently with a laced ecru fan, while Fufu was not in the best of moods, baring its teeth to Keiji.

"Ah, Senor, we meet again!"

[Awareness/Animal Handling vs. TN20 to appease Fufu; if under-rolled by 5 or more, Fufu attacks the hakama. If over-rolled by 5 or more, Fufu attacks the hakama... in a different way. (oooh, chihuahua...)]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:29 pm 

Señora, pleasure is mine,” Keiji replied. His Meraenese was still stilted in places, but had noticeably improved from their last encounter. “Honored am I that Governess Muhaki had moments to spare for this humble sailor.

Seeing Fufu’s agitation, the Lion did what he had seen warders do with strange animals. Sinking down to one knee to avoid looming over the little dog, Keiji slowly extended one hand to allow Fufu to sniff him.

Fine animal,” Keiji commented. “Never seen this breed before. Native to the islands?

Animal Handling 21 is close to TN20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 pm 

'For a secret of such magnitude a fair number are already aware of it,' she put forward as her comment. Sliding a glance off to the flowers for a moment so that she could close her eyes for a brief second, rolling her shoulders as she returned to Edogawa. Having found some quiet in herself once again.

'Telling her husband may have not been a proper step. Are you confident the man will not use this knowledge to his own gain?' she asked but shook her head, feeling she knew his answer before he gave it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm 

"I don't recognize that blossom. It is quite striking."

"I believe that his primary concern is for her." he answered. "Regardless, it was the only way to encourage her to meet with the Prince. She pointed a pistol at me the last time I saw her. I needed him to convince her. If he feels it's right."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:15 am 

Kaiya sighed a voiceless sigh, breath escaping past her lips and leaving a most quiet sound heard only due to their lacking proximity to anyone else out here in the Floral Estates. Offering a light, kind smile she looked to Edogawa and offered her piece.

'I believe you trust too easily Edogawa.'

Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next