Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Sense & Sensibilities (D8, EE)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 pm 

Meeting with Asahina Yajinden wasn't something Utsusemi required her yojimbo along for, and Kenzo was given time for himself as she went to the Floral Estates. Even now, the place was still beautiful, though not quite matching how lovely it had been the evening she was here with Kenzo.

She had given herself enough time to enjoy its colourful beauty before the appointed meeting... something about the beauty of nature was soothing to the soul and mind, and even if it didn't ease her worries about the upcoming subject, it at least gave her some peace of mind.

Her path eventually led her in the direction of Yajinden.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Sense & Sensibilities (D8, EE)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 pm 

Who was by the Shrine to Lord Muhaki, rising from prayers. Walking by the turtle pond, he gestured an invitation with a bow.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm 

The lady Agasha approached, bowing in return to the Crane. Time away from the Crane and the Empire proper had done little to diminish the elegance of a Doji.

"Asahina-sama," she greeted demurely, head shifting slightly to look for the turtles in the pond. "I pray the day has not been too hard on you?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 pm 

"Good evening, Agasha-san. I am pleased to see you so radiant." He bowed. "It has been an interesting one. We are all doing our utmost to give good direction to the proceedings of the Explorers."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:53 pm 

"You are kind to say so, Asahina-sama. I must say, you still look as composed as ever," she smiled politely.

"A difficult task, no doubt, considering the wide array of different personalities and the many events that have happened in such short amount of time." Such as giant turtle-islands, invasion of Sakkaku, and other outlandish stories. "I trust there is not too much trouble with the officers?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:12 pm 

"Hopefully nothing we could not eventually handle. There are temporary displeasures of course, sometimes petty ambitions take over otherwise resourceful individuals, but this seem to be the natural vagaries of steering as innovative an organisation into as novel an environment." He smiled gently. "You would have different impressions to share, Agasha-san? I am not beyond erring."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm 

"In my experience, we do seem to have many intelligent and sensible samurai with us. I was especially impressed with Kitsu Keiji-sama, but I must admit some bias in that I spent the journey on his ship."

The man wasn't infallible, of course, but he acted with honour and decency, and had the wisdom to consult with those who might know more.

"I wish I could say of Gusai Susumu," a small frown crossed her features. "I had the opportunity to speak with him once before I recieved your letter. He seemed decent enough then, but an attempt to speak of his betrothed only seemed to antagonize him at the time, and he quickly changed the subject, so I was not too surprised by your missive."

Utsusemi paused, thinking back to the unpleasant meeting. "This is not just a mere bitter betrothal... I find myself concerned for Seppun-san's well-being if she is to remain tied to him."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm 

"She is sacrosanct to the Prince, so if he raises his hand on her he is as if he never existed. The man is ill-tempered but often comes to senses afterwards, so this might not be as overarching a worry as your impressions may have given. Besides, Seppun-san is Kakita-trained, back in dojo days she bested Doji Tanaka-ue, so I wouldn't worry too much about this aspect." He paused, sighing gently. "But their relationship is probably soured beyond repair, what poses real organisational challenges."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 pm 

"Perhaps. You do seem to know them both better than I," she inclined her head slightly in respect to the Asahina.

"He did leave rather abruptly this morning during our meeting... when doing so, he placed a hand on his kama," already a horrible act in itself to bring weapons into someone else's home, "and stated that Seppun-san had many enemies... claiming she was sabotaging their betrothal - something he had called a poison and an ignomy ealrier - and he might count himself among her enemies if she continued to do so."

She raised a hand to gently massage her right temple. Kids these days. "Is such in line with his previous behaviour?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:46 pm 

"Circumstances like the ones we have here draw out the best or the worst of people. It looks like some get unhinged this far from home and their superiors within Clans. Gusai-ue will receive a comprehensive report of his behaviour and will make a judgement whether Susumu will have performed to or against his desires."

He paused.

"Speaking of, I have exchanged communication with your husband. He was inquiring about you, as could be expected."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:50 pm 

The matter seemed to leave her hands, and she nodded. Though it was quickly forgotten withthe following statement.

It gave a surge of many emotions for her, most she was unable to pinpoint. "Oh? I'm surprised to hear it, but I suppose nothing is impossible for the two of you... all is well at home, I pray?"

While her first concern was her family, home also meant the Empire. If Ryuden was communicating to Jama and Yajinden, there was probably something going on in the Empire at large.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 pm 

"Your children are safe and sound. I told him his brother had an adventure but is safe now." Yajinden continued politely.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 pm 

It was a great relief, even as she reminded herself that of course they were safe.

"It was a close call for Sanjuro-san, but the Fortunes were merciful. I suppose my own adventure have not been so dramatic, and with Mirumoto-san as my yojimbo I think I am safe from most dangers." She offered a polite smile. "Was there anything in particular he inquired about?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 pm 

Yajinden nodded.

"I have been aware that you and Mirumoto-san enjoy a constructive relationship. This was one of the things he inquired about." He remarked with no particular colour to his voice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm 

If she thought the line of inquiry improper, she did not let it show. "His mountaineer training and knowledge has been of great help for myself and Muhaki Berena-san with finding a suitable location for the Temple. I can see why Ryuden-sama have faith in his skills."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm 

"Certainly."

Yajinden agreed politely, apparently not in mood to elaborate on that subject, then knelt to pick up a flower to twirl. He enjoyed twirling flowers while walking and talking.

"By an agreement I made a while back the Walrus is a joint venture of the Explorers and the Mantis. By the letter of this agreement as long as a Mantis is the captain his first officer should be an Imperial to ensure the interests of the Navy are followed. That makes the matter of authority over that ship and the challenge to it more intricate."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:00 pm 

Now I wonder what was offered for such an arrangement, Utsusemi mused. Her hands missed having a fan to hold into as she watched his hands with the flower.

"An interesting predicament. Susumu-san is not the only Mantis among the explorers, though my impression of Wataru-san doesn't quite make him seem like a leader." More like a contestant for the title of Minor Clan Twit of the Year.

"Though there might be someone else who can serve as it's First Mate, if Seppun-san is given a new position worthy of her."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm 

"The Prince has no confidence in the other Mantis." Yajinden replied simply. "It sounds like you might have a suggestion."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:35 am 

Sensible that the prince didn't trust Wataru. Utsusemi still couldn't fathom why the man had been entrusted with the Teppodoka.

"More idle musings than suggestions... it is a bit outside of my jurisdiction when it comes to appointing captains and first mates," her lips tugged into a soft smile. "But Miya Edogawa is a friend of Gusai Susumu, and there is considerable less chance of troubles like this if he were to be the First Mate of the Walrus. Seppun Kaiya on the other hand would be upgraded to the position of First Mate to the Amaterasu's Grace - a suitable honour as it is the flagship of Hantei-no-kimi."

She looked up for a moment as they passed by a flowery tree. "Muhaki Zabieru tends to bark more than he bites, and I believe she is more than capable of handling him should he overstep too much."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:43 pm 

"I believe the Prince and you think alike about Seppun-san. But in case of Miya-san, his destiny is greater than being a subordinate to a Mantis captain. All his flaws and mishaps notwithstanding, he is of Hantei blood, and if the Empire is meant to retain its foundations, that shall never be disregarded. He will be entrusted with the captaincy of Yamato Maru once he restores her."

Yajinden nodded to himself, continuing on a softer note while taking a sniff of the flower and whirling it thoughtfully.

"But I have some idea how Gusai-san can be set on a right track. All other things notwithstanding, he was one of the first to pledge himself in service to the Explorers. Hantei-no-kimi values loyalty and heartfelt commitment to his cause. If those are intact, forgiveness can be earned and accommodations can occasionally be made for all parties concerned. However, he has little sympathy for those who choose to plot against him rather than show Honesty in expressing their disagreements in ways that don't undermine his authority."

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next