Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: Foward to Death (Day 8 Early Evenning, closed.)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 pm 

It was later in the day then he liked, but this way it likely gave the Yogo plenty of time to give her own support to her superior. He didn't wish to surprise the Seppun with this matter after all. Arriving at the floral estate, he quickly secured a servant to take him to Seppun Hikari's room.

After a brief pause to give the servant time to depart, he polietly knocked at the door, waiting for an answer.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Foward to Death (Day 8 Early Evenning, closed.)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm 

It was one thing after another these days, it seemed.

"Enter," she called out while sitting at a desk and pouring over some documents.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm 

Sliding the door open the Lion stepped inside, closing the door and offering the magistrate a bow a moment later. "Good evening Seppun-sama. I'm sorry for the late hour of the day, but I was hoping to have a few moments of your time."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm 

She was going to need a snack for this. Fortunately, she still had some within reach, giving her hands something to do.

"Sure, take a seat somewhere. What's going on?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 am 

He had assumed that Akarei had told her superior about the days earlier events. It seems that he may have been wrong though. Taking a seat, he observed the magistrate reach for the sweets, she always seemed to have some close at hand.

"Earlier this day I encountered some sort of Gaijin spirit near the area the locals refer to as Little Aqahba. Well I say I, but there was a few others there as well. Miya Suihime, Mirumoto Kenzo, Shosuro Anzai, Yogo Akarei, as well as a young woman of the Unicorn. during the course of subjugating the creature, it apparently attached a piece of it's essence onto Miya-sama and myself."

"As a precaution I consented to a jade test from your Yoriki, at which point she cast some sort of magic upon me. I don't know the results, because for that and various other reasons I challenged her to a duel. I did however offer to retract said duel with an apology. She chose not to apologize and left, leaving me still with questions."

"That however isn't my main concern at the moment. I was wondering if you would like to test me again, and I was seeking your opinion on how I should proceed from here."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:42 am 

She so very much wanted to sigh the moment mention of gajin spirits came. More so with every sentence that followed. Instead, she settled for chewing on the candy she'd retrieved.

"I confess I don't quite understand the problem," she finally said; half-chewing; upon hearing the full extent of it. "You consented to a test of jade, and she proceeded to do just that. I am quite certain that had the spell she cast detected any significant corruption, you would not be in doubt as to the results."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 am 

"You will have to excuse my ignorance here Seppun-sama. I don't even know what spell she cast or how it might serve as a jade test, I'm no priest after all. Last I checked jade tests were conducted with stone, and not by casting spells at someone without permission. but as I said though, I'm not expert in these matters." He replied evenly fighting off the urge to from.

"I take it from your answer that you believe whatever spell she cast upon me served the purpose of a jade test though? Also that I am not corrupted?" If so, that was a relief. "As for the problem,how should I proceed, whatever else the case may be, I apparently have a piece of a gaijin spirit living inside me. Do I seek to preform the three cuts? Or explain my case to my superiors on my return to Rokugan and remain unwed as to not risk spreading this corruption? Are there other options? That's what I as curious about Seppun-sama."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

Preparing herself for a multitude of words, Hikari swallowed the piece of candy.

"She likely called upon the power of Jade with her spell. It should have had a green coloration, yes? Such magic is more effective than merely having someone hold the stone itself. Given her status as a shugenja and yoriki of the Jade Office, she likely assumed consent for the magic was implicit in the consent given for the test. And given the circumstances you have told me, with this spirit, she may have assumed the right to perform the spell with or without your consent. It is permitted for members of the Jade Office to do so in certain situations."

She paused, looking at him more intently.

"Tell me more about this spirit. Did you converse with it? What did it want? Do you feel any different?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 pm 

Yasuhiro didn't feel like pointing out that the use of magic against samurai was frowned on at best, and the other option should of been the one she used. She likely knew the tenuous position the jade magistrates currently held after all. If she wanted to ignore her yoriki's action it would be her that suffered for them in the long run. He did his duty of warning her.

"From what I was told, they are called Jinn and are intelligent elemental spirits" He was about to stop there, when a small frown crossed his features and he began to speak more. Often referred to as the children of smokeless fire. and according to legend are the first creations Shilah, and Kaleel placed on this world."

His brows knit for a moment as more fragmented bits of information flooded his brain,but he shook it away, in a attempt to continue answer the questions. "I wouldn't say I conversed with it... it demanded our names though, and I felt compelled to answer. Talking after that became difficult, as it felt like it was trying to suck the very air out of my lungs when it attacked. As for what it wanted? A vessel you could say. Mean and women of power to hold it's essence on our realm. As far as I understand."

The last question was the most difficult one, but he felt he had given it away already. "Physically I feel fine, it's in my head I feel different. There are things I know that I didn't know this morning. Names of places, of races, and things of that nature. I've also experienced a vision of some sort, of a war between the Unicorn and some force I didn't recognize."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm 

"Giving it your names appears to have been a mistake," she said, "knowing that information might have allowed it ingress. Forcibly making you a vessel suggests this entity to be hostile. The visions and knowledge may seem helpful; but may simply be a means to an end. Excising this spirit from you would seem to be something we should at least try. Unfortunately, this may prove difficult. I could attempt a number of spells that might have an effect on it, but these spells are not readily available to me. I could still attempt them, but it would be more difficult than normal. And I am unsure if they work on gajin spirits."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 pm 

"Indeed, as this seems to be some sort of spiritual malady I only imagine that makes this more difficult as well. I would consent to some attempts though, under a few stipulations. I am a Samurai after all, and not some subject to have tests preformed on. Like your Yoriki said I was."

This brought another pause. "Before we continue. I should note, along with my name I was compelled to speak of a part of myself. For me it was the fact that my honored grandmother's spirit has been by side from a young age, watching over my actions. This is true of most others as well. Though they spoke in more sinister ways. Yogo-san, spoke of a curse that effects her, the Iuchi spoke of a dark destiny she possessed. All did so respectfully though, as if it was something to be proud of. At least as far as I could tell."

"I can't speak for the others, but I can admit I have not heard my grandmothers voice since this morning."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:41 pm 

"I see. It is not uncommon for the spirits of ancestors to linger in such a way. Such a thing is no shame in itself, as one should revere ones ancestors, of course. As for the dark curse Yogo-san spoke of, it is a well known affliction of her family. I expect her feelings on the matter to be complex. I can not speak for the Iuchi, as I have not met them. Much disturbs me about the remnants of the Ki-Rin, however."

She paused.

"As for the stipulations you mentioned. You are of course not a test subject. However, I can not guarantee success on the first try, and might be forced to try different things. One could call such tries tests, but they would be performed solely for the purpose of banishing this spirit."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 am 

"They aren't the Ki'rin." Yaushiro stated his tone firm. "They may be distantly related to them, they may worship Shinjo, or the Lost daughter, whatever they call her. They are not our cousins though. They are conquerors not explorers, and are lead by barbarians." there was a short pause. "They have soldiers stationed here, awaiting orders. It is my belief that in the near future they intend to take this island as their own."

"They can hen you is as a staging ground to invade our empire, and if the vision I saw was even partly true, we are not ready to face them."

With a shake of his head he returned to the point of their conversation. "I'd like to know what spells you are going to attempt then, before you cast them. As well as what effects they might have. In the mean time while you prepare, I'll try to find out what I can about I can about these Jinn. If that meets with your approval."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 am 

She wasn't sure if explaining the spells to a Lion bushi would have much point to it, but the man obviously wasn't eager to trust others and needed soothing.

"There's several that spring to mind that should be within my ability to cast if the kami are willing. There's a ward of earth known as the bonds of ningen-do, which can dispel spirits for at least a month's time. Of course, if it is anchored to you somehow, it is possible it might return after that time. And I do not know if it will work in the case of a possession. There's another spell that I have heard of, Purity of Shinsei, I believe it's called. I understand it is intended to deal specifically with foreign magic, and so it might work. If my memory is correct, then a more detailed description should be in my notes."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:30 pm 

The young Lion nodded. "Those both sound acceptable." there was a small pause as he thought over what to say next. "If neither are something that works though. How will he proceed from there?"

"If you determine that this is something your magic's can not remove?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 pm 

"We may decide to proceed along similar lines the Kuni do in matters involving darker impurities, depending on whether we determine the spirit means anyone, including the empire, harm."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 am 

He nodded, that was something he had been expecting, so it came as no real surprise. "Did you wish to attempt these spells today? Or at some other time? I can understand if it might take some time to prepare things."

Merenaese

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]