Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: Hey its me, the captain [EA, D4]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am 

The smell of the ports could only be described as the three ss: sea, spices, and shit. In fact, one would be hardpressed to find this curious mix of olfactory delight in any place of the world, where sea breeze and bodily discharges intermingled and were spiced with clove, cardamom, and pepper among others. And the smells didn't just stop there, depending on the part of port you were blood, puke and sweat could also join to the mix that was Kameyama's scent.

But it wasn't time to bask in the olfactory identity of Kameyama; there were people he had to visit chief of them being Kasuga Yubari. Between Yubari and the youngest of the Almeria, at least Yubari was a sight for sour eyes and didn't want to kill him on principle. Apparently, the fact that Aberri held the Vengeful Sea in high esteem and engaged in outright adoration for the controversial Goddess wasn't to the liking of the pious Almeria brothers or half the Kingdom; a necessary evil had been the phrase many Merenese had opted for when describing Aberri and its people.

He made his way to the estates of the governess and with a smile asked a servant to announce him, "Tell Doña Yubari that Xabier Arrigorriagakoa is here to request a meeting with her."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

Post subject: Re: Hey its me, the captain [EA, D4]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:54 am 

The scent of flowers and the buzzing of bees soon made the stench of the lower port an afterthought. But he had to wait a fair bit, during which time he was brought a glass of wine and invited to watch the painting gallery inside one of the halls with arcades opened toward the floral courtyard. Finally, Yubari joined him, dressed in a burgundy red dress and a necklace of emeralds, complimenting her eyes.

"Don Xavier, La Isla may have been missing you. There are news that your ever shifting allegiances have shifted again." She started on a playful note.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm 

The man admired the paintings, making a mental note on what type of gift to offer the governess next time he'd be here. He finished his wine slowly as she made an appearance, his eyes not losing detail of the woman's supple body. "Have I finally died?" he cooed softly before a mischievous smile appeared. "Probably not, I do not see half of the people that promised to dance on my grave," he lowered his head in typical Merenese fashion. "Stunning as always Doña Yubari."

Her playful jape made him laugh. "Insidious lies and false news," he winked. "I assure you my loyalties never change."

"So how has La Isla since last I left? I haven't seen any of my brother's ships around, I guess they're not in La Isla anymore?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 pm 

"Ships come and go, Don Xavier. Some are claimed on the way. I honestly have not followed your brother's fortunes. You'd have to ask around on the Plaza."

She eyed him with a wandering smirk on her lips, tossing her braid to the back.

"The dead neither dismiss nor reassure over their sweet lies. You're very much alive, I assume."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:51 pm 

"I'm sure you don't know Doña Yubari," he said in a sarcastic tone. "But I have been following your fortunes."

He produced a small ornate box from his garments and offered it to the governess. Once she opened she'd see an Anisrama bracelet, delicate silver woven around jet and turquoise engraved with various good luck charms; it was an excellent example of the insular craftmanship balancing extravagance and sobriety perfectly. "Only the most beautiful for you Doña Yubari," his tone was velvety and mellow. "I would not dare to impose myself without offering you your due."

"After all now I'm the captain of the Imperial's Heir flagship."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 pm 

"How considerate of you, to try to placate my tastes with this exotic gift. Perhaps I'll even wear it for some occasion."

She raised her brow as she regarded the contents of the box, then closed it and passed it to one of the servants.

"I suppose you are the right person to ask about what this Imperial Navy is."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:02 pm 

"I guess you could say that," he smirked "But that information will not be cheap. I will require information as well. And its not like I just ask Juanito about it."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 pm 

"Then I may not be a buyer for I have ways to learn it by my own means." She replied with an innocent smile. "It's a bit like with selling stolen goods or contraband, Don Xavier, a buyer's market. You take what the one who agrees to share your risks gives you, or you go away with nothing but burning pockets."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:52 pm 

"Are you implying I sell stolen goods," he replied with feigned grievance. "That would mean those goods could be claimed by their owners. And we both know that never happens with the things I barter with."

"But I digress," he laughed. "You break my hear, And I here was thinking that my reputation had earned me some leverage. After all, I always differentiated myself from others for the quality of my goods."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:55 pm 

"In my eyes men are only as good as the last time they performed, and I don't really remember your last time. Ah, poor memory of a forgetful woman." Yubari twirled her glass by its leg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 pm 

Xabier studied the woman in silence before letting out a sigh and shrugging. "A pretty face will one day be my doom," he chuckled. "Very well, I will offer you a freebie. In order to re-establish an amicable and cordial relationship."

"Ask away"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:26 pm 

"What's the purpose of this fleet coming here. The real one." She asked without much hesitation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:40 pm 

"Exploration and establishing new trade relationships," he admitted, a bit surprised by the banality of her question. "If I had to venture an educated guess, I would say the Imperial Heir hopes to solidify his position by ushering an age of prosperity for the Eastern Empire. Trading with Merenae or the Tarkhanate would accomplish that."

"Now," he smirked. "You've seen my good will to share information with an old friend. Shall we solidify this relationship with another trade?"

"My eldest brother. What is the news of him? Ever since my mother died and my father retired I have received less and less information about him," he commented. "Now, sure, he could have died. But his death would have been accompanied by the screams of joy and heralds from Sheel and Thrane. Which as we both know has not happened. So...?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:46 pm 

She winced at his answer slightly. Either he was lying or ignorant, but she had already got some insight from Bellena.

"Your brother liquidated what he had here and allegedly sailed back home. He had taken up some local mercenaries before doing so."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:18 pm 

"Home?" he eyed the woman suspiciously; he had had no news from here from Aberri. "Very well, whatever he is doing he must have a fairly sizeable armada. Goodspeed."

He noticed her wincing "You don't believe me," he frowned. "You've talked with Bellena, haven't you? I mean who else? Not many Merenese officers in this expedition," he chuckled. "That girl hates my guts and for some reason does not seem to trust Abertzale sailors," he sighed. "I guess she and Juanito have a lot in common, eh? The Almerias and the Quijanos always did dislike my family."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:39 pm 

"I have great affection for the complex politics of your old country as long as it stays out of the local business." Yubari mused, rolling eyes. "They do dislike your people, and they probably have their reasons, but I think that if Bellena and Juanito were in closer contact with their families back home they wouldn't be so friendly toward each other here. The king is weak, and there's plotting. I expect knives and rapiers will be drawn at some point, like 40 years ago."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm 

"That would explain some of the things I heard through the grapevine," he scratched his chin. "Aberri will stay neutral," he sighed in annoyance. "I hate Civil Wars. There is not much profit to be done, at least not without undertaking too much risk. What a stupid activity."

"Don't worry about me, I do not really care about Bellena. I mean why would I when the most beautiful woman from La Isla is before me?" he winked and laughed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:06 pm 

"Such a predictable flatterer." She laughed, but her gaze was serious. "It's bigger than that, though, Don Xavier. You know the grand gathering of the Unicorn is slated for next year. It's a fair chance they will emerge stronger. And while the sea has protected Merenae from the Yodotai, it won't against the Unicorn. And the relations between your country and the Tarkhanate have not been stellar lately. A weak king and a divided, squabbling aristocracy are a recipe for a spectacular failure." She looked to the gardens. "We, the Tortoise, have tried to keep it all together. But it's just got harder. The giants have moved." She pointed to Kasuga's Bay where three Imperial vessels loomed. "So let me disbelieve in your neutrality, Senor."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 pm 

"Are you implying I have the necessary political clout to sway the Imperial Heir into moving to defend the Merenese from the Tarkhanate?" he asked with disbelief. "And quite honestly why would I aid the Merenese king? Aberri is not threatened and I doubt the Tarkhanate would bother with invading it."

"And if they would well," his smile widened. "Kharsis is not the Goddess Abertzales pay homage to."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm 

"You're such an awful man, Don Xavier!" Yubari covered her mouth, chuckling, before taking a long sip of wine to compose herself. "You know how it is in games like this. Many people enter with imperfect cards in hand, but then there are reshuffles."

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]